Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Unable to finish Advance Passenger Info on Manage My Booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2008 | 7:00 pm
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

On the screen where you input your passport number, expiry date, name, and citizenship - there is NO space for the passport expiry date to input.

As a result, it gives me an error message:

Error
Please check the country, which issued your passport.
There is a problem with the Passport Expiry Date you have entered. Please verify this and resubmit your details.

There is NO space for the passport expiry date therefore there is no input at all!

Does anyone know anything about this frustrating web glitch?

I am not able to find web support telephone number to call about this stupid error.
Old Sep 15, 2008 | 8:21 pm

Could be related to the following? [from BA Answers]

I am having trouble entering the information on my booking to Spain, what should I do?
This is normally a problem encountered by our Executive Club members, and can be easily remedied by logging out of your account and then retrieving your booking using the standard 'Manage my booking' facility. You can then add your Advance Passenger Information without trouble.
Our technical team are aware of this temporary problem and are working on a resolution.

Otherwise, I would suggest to try another web browser just in case it is not rendering the page correctly.

Originally Posted by Happy
On the screen where you input your passport number, expiry date, name, and citizenship - there is NO space for the passport expiry date to input.

As a result, it gives me an error message:

Error
Please check the country, which issued your passport.
There is a problem with the Passport Expiry Date you have entered. Please verify this and resubmit your details.

There is NO space for the passport expiry date therefore there is no input at all!

I am not able to find web support telephone number to call about this stupid error.
Old Sep 16, 2008 | 1:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum
Mrs Scillybear had this problem over the weekend trying to add her info to a booking to Spain. Exactly the same message.

She called the Exec club and the operator also had trouble to begin with - he couldn't explain the problem - but eventually got the info entered....
Old Sep 16, 2008 | 4:15 am

Programs: BAEC, Blue for now.
I had the same problem, a quick call to the web help team (the number is in the help secton on the web site) got it sorted and they even checked me in and got me 2A.
Old Sep 16, 2008 | 8:35 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by Happy
On the screen where you input your passport number, expiry date, name, and citizenship - there is NO space for the passport expiry date to input.As a result, it gives me an error message:

I'm sure this has been reported elsewhere along with the workaround that like a number of problems with BAngalore.com over the years has got it to work as it should have done in the first place.

The workaround is to forget about MMB and enter the API by updating your account details - log into your BAEC account, click on "My account" on the left-hand navigation panel, then click on "Update my profile" under "Advance Passenger Information" at the bottom of the main screen - you may have to scroll down to find it.
Old Sep 16, 2008 | 8:59 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
I also noted that all the info that is needed for a visit to Spain, which is normally retained by the system, seems to have gone walkies. I have just made a booking and had to fill in Passport details, whereas earlier this month it was automatically completed! Who has been "improving" the system?
Old Sep 16, 2008 | 1:56 pm
Company Representative - British Airways

Originally Posted by OPebble
I also noted that all the info that is needed for a visit to Spain, which is normally retained by the system, seems to have gone walkies. I have just made a booking and had to fill in Passport details, whereas earlier this month it was automatically completed! Who has been "improving" the system?
Hi,

Can you PM me your booking reference and I'll find out what's happened.

Thanks,

Dilly
Old Sep 17, 2008 | 7:21 pm
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Exec Club agent was not able to add the info in. She kept trying but said the system kept rejecting my passport info even when she dropped my middlename. Eventually she transferred me to websupport and the gentleman at Websupport was finally able to input the minimum info needed (without the middlename and he said it wasn't needed.)

I have a good chuckle when one of you called it BAngalore.com. Thanks for the workaround you suggested.
Old Jan 29, 2009 | 8:47 am

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
I'm having similar issues entering API from the Manage my Booking page. I'm not a BA Executive Club member, nor do I have a working account with BA.com.

Each time I've tried to enter information I get the following message:

"Unfortunately our systems are not responding, so we are unable to process your request at the moment.

We apologise for this inconvenience and suggest you try again later."

The systems have not been responding for a week now. Will I still be able to do online check in the day before or will it take this information at that time? Given my no-status with BA, I'd like a shot at some halfway decent seats.
Old Jan 29, 2009 | 8:49 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Silver, Executive Club Blue, Miles & More, Priority Club Gold, Skywards Blue
The same issue happened to one of my colleagues ...

He called BA and managed to get them arranging it for him.
Old Jan 29, 2009 | 8:59 am

I've never been able to add my US Green Card information. It doesn't work through web profile or through call center -- I've must tried 20 times over the years. Don't know if the issue is that the system doesn't like A-numbers starting with 0 or that they don't really know how to process permanent resident information.

This is quite annoying as it means no online check-in, when returning to US. Even though BA cabin service/ on-flight product is superior across Atlantic when compared to US carriers, their ridiculous on-ground service processes means I've given up on them after some 5 years of Silver status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.