Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Size of under-seat storage on a Dash-8?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2013 | 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Size of under-seat storage on a Dash-8?

Can anyone tell me the size of a luggage bag that can fit under the forward seat of an Air Canada Dash-8? I know that the "standard" allowed carry on does not fit comfortably here. Recently there has been a trend here where they do not always have a plane-side cart for carry ons because the plane is full of other checked bags, so you have to put your bag under the seat, and mine sticks out., resulting in an uncomfortable ride. It is 21" including the wheels.
Old Apr 13, 2013 | 10:54 pm
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by brunes
Can anyone tell me the size of a luggage bag that can fit under the forward seat of an Air Canada Dash-8? I know that the "standard" allowed carry on does not fit comfortably here. Recently there has been a trend here where they do not always have a plane-side cart for carry ons because the plane is full of other checked bags, so you have to put your bag under the seat, and mine sticks out., resulting in an uncomfortable ride. It is 21" including the wheels.
I don't think that my 21" rollaboard would fit under the seat, but I haven't been on a flight which did not offer gate check - in fact they would always stop someone trying to bring one on the plane. I have not seen this trend.

To be fair, even if it did fit and you were a bit cramped, it couldn't be that long on one of these little planes!

Good luck

Dr. PITUK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.