Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Perk deprecated: The Cultivist membership

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2023, 3:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Well the list seems to have changed again - Louvre is off the list and Rijksmuseum is back on. It also has a new format.

And interestingly enough the list the Hirshhorn in Washington DC which is part of the Smithsonian and has free admission anyway as required advanced booking.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 11:25 am

Programs: MB Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, UA Silver
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
Well the list seems to have changed again - Louvre is off the list and Rijksmuseum is back on. It also has a new format.

And interestingly enough the list the Hirshhorn in Washington DC which is part of the Smithsonian and has free admission anyway as required advanced booking.
Lucky me on the Louvre! They seem to add one in Tokyo, but hopefully they'd add TeamLab Borderless soon to the list.
Old May 23, 2023, 9:05 pm

Checked today and noticed that the list seems to have been reduced significantly. Just in time for summer.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 10:23 am

Yes - it seems that all the better options are off the list. I guess the relationship was not as profitable as they expected (surprising now one really).
Old Jun 19, 2023, 12:06 pm

Finally, it seems there is an actual app.

But the list of museums keeps getting shorter and shorter.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 9:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist

I saw one museum added this week for a city I’m visiting. So some are added while others are removed.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 3:09 pm

Wow, I just took a look at the list today and it's a shell of what it was a few months ago. I can't imagine anyone paying for this.

Plus they've lowered the number of guests to only one.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by IndyHoosier
Wow, I just took a look at the list today and it's a shell of what it was a few months ago. I can't imagine anyone paying for this.

Plus they've lowered the number of guests to only one.
They must be bleeding money with the Venture relationship. I know I timed my sign-on for the service to a time I will need many tickets with several guests. I cannot imagine how they can turn a profit. But absolutely not worth actually paying for.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 8:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
We'll be visiting Italy next year, and I've kept this Cultivist thing in the back of my mind since it was announced in case I ever went. I thought there used to be more museums in other cities in Italy on the list, but looks like currently it's just Venice... still, with 3 days in Venice on our itinerary, it's probably worth making use of this.

Can anyone report whether there's any difficulty in cancelling, since you have to do it via email?
Old Sep 7, 2023, 9:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I'm not seeing any location in Asia. Is that right?

I assume free membership persists for 6 months even if CapOne card is cancelled.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 6:43 am
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by happychic
Good question. Reading through their T&C page, it says

I only have one personal C1 card and one business C1 card at the moment. For the personal card, both primary and AU card numbers are the same. For the business card, however, the numbers are different.

I wonder if a business card AU can get their own Cultivist membership because they have a different 16 digit card number for their own use.
Sorry if I missed this, can this be extended to AUs? I have an AU with a number different from mine.
Old Jul 2, 2024, 7:00 am

Uh it’s expired. No more free 6 months. All we have now is a 50% discount which is not worth. I missed that the promotion was supposed to expire last month. I still have several cards (mostly AU) I wanted to enroll at later days to stretch the membership.

Having said that, I truly enjoyed the membership in the last year. chicago art institute gave free tickets to paid exhibitions (Georgia Okeeffe right now) for cultivist members.

Last edited by bobbybrown; Jul 2, 2024 at 8:34 am
Old Jul 17, 2024, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Hilton, Choice, Wyndham
Sad, missed it. It'd been nice if bloggers gave a reminder last month! And yes, the list of participating museums is way shorter than before. (Not that it matters since there's no more free/trial membership).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.