Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

What is the meal service on CX829 (YYZ-HKG) in Y?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the meal service on CX829 (YYZ-HKG) in Y?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2010 | 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E, UA Gold
Question What is the meal service on CX829 (YYZ-HKG) in Y?

I'm new to CX and have never flown to Asia from Toronto after midnight. What is the experience like? For almost 16 hours, what kind of meal service do they provide. Not like the day time flight, many people including myself probably will be sleeping after boarding the plane. How if I missed the first meal service and wake up 5 hours later, will I be starving all the way to HKG? I hope the seat is comfortable for such a long overnight flight.
Old Sep 4, 2010 | 3:26 am

Programs: Asia Miles
Originally Posted by achman228
I'm new to CX and have never flown to Asia from Toronto after midnight. What is the experience like? For almost 16 hours, what kind of meal service do they provide. Not like the day time flight, many people including myself probably will be sleeping after boarding the plane. How if I missed the first meal service and wake up 5 hours later, will I be starving all the way to HKG? I hope the seat is comfortable for such a long overnight flight.
I guess you will be arriving early in the morning in HKG. I have tried a midnight flight from LAX-HKG from that experience they serve u food straight away so people can get to sleep asap. I think if you miss the meal service you could ask for the meal and I think they might give it to u. If they reject giving the meal to you you can always order a cup noodle mid way through the flight. There will also be a breakfast service if i am right. And lastly, no, the seats are extreamely uncomfortable for long haul. I sugest you ask for another pillow if possible. 1 for your back and one on your neck.

Last edited by hdsfs; Sep 4, 2010 at 3:31 am
Old Sep 6, 2010 | 1:48 am

Programs: Marco Polo Club
Originally Posted by achman228
Meal right after takeoff, meal right before landing. In between, you can order cup noodles. The last time i flew 829 they still gave a snack box somewhere during the flight, but i don't know if they do anymore. You can request getting a meal, but it's not guaranteed, as the FA's say that the meals cannot be left out for that long, and food might go bad after a while.

As for the seat, you can see the current Y seat thread going on somewhere else in the forum. It's up to personal opinion really, but I like the seat as long as i can get the position right and have a few extra pillows and blankets for extra support. I know that many others would say otherwise though...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.