Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

New rules on Asia Miles Redemption Group member change

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2016 | 6:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade

http....whatever

Asia Miles Redemption Group terms and conditions updates for Marco Polo Club members

On 25 February 2016, the Asia Miles Redemption Group terms and conditions will be updated with a revision in the number of nominee changes and adjustments in the service fee, while Silver members and above of the Marco Polo Club can enjoy certain exemptions.

You may continue to register your initial and a maximum of five nominees (who may or may not be members of the Marco Polo Club or Asia Miles members) to your Redemption Group for free. In addition, you may update a nominee's membership number or title, or delete existing nominees anytime at no cost, regardless of your membership tier.

Thereafter, the following revised number of nominee changes and adjusted service fee will apply:

Membership tier

Initial registration of five nominees

Nominee removal or membership number/title update

Number of nominees to be changed* per membership year

Service fee for changing each nominee*

Green

Free of charge

Free of charge

Up to three nominees

USD50 (online) or USD75 (other channels)

Silver

Free of charge

Free of charge

Unlimited

Gold

Free of charge

Free of charge

Unlimited

Diamond

Free of charge

Free of charge

Unlimited

Fee waived for changing the first nominee after initial registration of five nominees. Thereafter, the charge is USD50 (online) or USD75 (other channels)

*A nominee change is replacing each existing nominee or registering each new nominee to replace the nominee deleted previously.

The yearly nominee change entitlement will be automatically reset at the start of each membership year.
So... I can delete all 5 redemption group members and keep a clean redemption list but then when I add back one member I need to get paid (assume I'm not DM...)?

And it's interesting to limit the change to 3 for GR....

Also.... Price CUT not increase???? Is this a real news from CX?

Last edited by sscywong; Jan 21, 2016 at 6:47 am
Old Jan 21, 2016 | 6:45 am
Original Poster

ok... Same for AM as GR...

http...whatever as well

Updated Redemption Group terms and conditions

Asia Miles regularly reviews its programme’s terms and conditions to better align with members’ behaviour. With effect on 25 February 2016, the Redemption Group terms and conditions will be updated to better serve and protect members’ requirements and interests in flight award redemption.

Members may continue to add their initial five nominees (who can be Asia Miles members or non-members) to their Redemption Group for free. Thereafter, the number of nominee changes under the terms and conditions update will be revised to three nominees per membership year with an adjusted service fee of USD 50 (online) or USD 75 (other channels) be applied to replacing each existing Nominee or registering each new Nominee to replace the nominee deleted previously. You may also update a nominee's membership number or title, or delete existing nominees anytime for free.

The terms and conditions update has taken into consideration of existing members’ average Redemption Group size and frequency of change. Our recent detailed analysis of members' behaviour indicates that only a small fraction of members utilises their Redemption Group, and on average each member has two nominees only. Overall impact to members is expected to be minimal.

The yearly nominee change entitlement will automatically reset at the start of each membership year, which is 12 months from the date of enrolment, or its subsequent automatic renewal.
Old Jan 21, 2016 | 9:30 am

New policy for nominee changes

Got an email from MPC today (link as below) and looks like the service fee is reduced from USD 90 to 50.

Not sure if i interpret this right. Currently I have used up all spaces on my nominee list. Assume I drop 3 names (Amy, Ben and Calvin) out and when I register new nominees later, will i still be charged the service fee?
Or if I decide to add Ben back to my nominee list, will I need to pay the service fee. Anyone who is able to shed some light? Thanks
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_HK/frequent-flyers/offers-and-updates/offers-and-updates/updates-details/Asia-Miles-Redemption-Group-terms-and-conditions-updates-for-Marco-Polo-Club-members.html?cm_mmc=ESUM-CX-_-ES00NE1604-19JAN16-_-10981-_-CXEP&emid=Rx+8XebZpvVh8dAtj6cZLuHd/TvSsIQSkuhBcbfBC3c=
Old Jan 21, 2016 | 7:33 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
15 Years on Site

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Changes to redemption group rules 25 Feb

Asia Miles:

https://www.asiamiles.com/am/en/abou...000ad21c39RCRD

Updated Redemption Group terms and conditions

Asia Miles regularly reviews its programme’s terms and conditions to better align with members’ behaviour. With effect on 25 February 2016, the Redemption Group terms and conditions will be updated to better serve and protect members’ requirements and interests in flight award redemption.

Members may continue to add their initial five nominees (who can be Asia Miles members or non-members) to their Redemption Group for free. Thereafter, the number of nominee changes under the terms and conditions update will be revised to three nominees per membership year with an adjusted service fee of USD 50 (online) or USD 75 (other channels) be applied to replacing each existing Nominee or registering each new Nominee to replace the nominee deleted previously. You may also update a nominee's membership number or title, or delete existing nominees anytime for free.

The terms and conditions update has taken into consideration of existing members’ average Redemption Group size and frequency of change. Our recent detailed analysis of members' behaviour indicates that only a small fraction of members utilises their Redemption Group, and on average each member has two nominees only. Overall impact to members is expected to be minimal.

The yearly nominee change entitlement will automatically reset at the start of each membership year, which is 12 months from the date of enrolment, or its subsequent automatic renewal.

If you wish to update your Redemption Group, simply click "Update Your Profile" after logging into your account, then select "Change Your Redemption Group" and follow the instructions accordingly.

Marco Polo:

Came with the "Your Account Summary for January 2016" email

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_H...b-members.html

Don't know what's going to happen to AMs yet but can assume it'd be at least as bad as GR.

Last edited by percysmith; Jan 21, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Old Jan 21, 2016 | 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Same as GR (our post overlapped )
Old Jan 21, 2016 | 8:26 pm
15 Years on Site

Asia Miles T&C update added.

Included in "Member's Updates" page, not notified by email to members yet. Yes identical to GR.
Old Jan 21, 2016 | 9:06 pm
15 Years on Site

I clarified how the new rules work with a Tsuen Wan CS who spoke to her supervisor

If you are AM/GR and clear your list on or before 24 Feb
The five spaces on your list will be considered "Initial" on 25 Feb (akin to grandfathering)
You can fill them in partially or in one go on or after 25 Feb without charge

After the initial five spaces have been expended
You can still do three amendments per membership year (even on 26 Feb 16) for US$50 per space

AM/GR can process three amendments per membership year.

(MPO changed their position to withdraw grandfathering of 25/2 blank places, please see post #15 for their newest "lifetime" position)

Last edited by percysmith; Feb 18, 2016 at 3:23 am
Old Jan 21, 2016 | 11:25 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

How can we clear the list? Is there such an option on the AM website?
Old Jan 21, 2016 | 11:41 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
And according to current rules there is a fee to clear the list?
Old Jan 21, 2016 | 11:48 pm
15 Years on Site

Yes of course https://www.asiamiles.com/am/en/acco...ile/nomination

Currently US$90 for the whole list, unrestricted changes per year.
Old Jan 22, 2016 | 12:46 am
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by ashko
Not sure if i interpret this right. Currently I have used up all spaces on my nominee list. Assume I drop 3 names (Amy, Ben and Calvin) out and when I register new nominees later, will i still be charged the service fee?
Yes. You'll be charged USD90 now. You'll be charged USD150 on or after 25 Feb

Originally Posted by ashko
Or if I decide to add Ben back to my nominee list, will I need to pay the service fee.
If he's been previously deleted, yes.
Old Jan 22, 2016 | 2:54 am

Programs: SPG Plat, CX DM, EY Gold
The current unpublished benefit for DMs is one free clearing of the list per year. I guess this will be gone...
Old Jan 22, 2016 | 4:47 pm

Programs: CX and Virgin Atlantic
OT: I really do wish they reduce or remove the cost to transfer miles...
Old Jan 22, 2016 | 9:37 pm
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by pyrosas
OT: I really do wish they reduce or remove the cost to transfer miles...
Which frequent flyer program allows for that?! Program operators earn heaps from members failing to accumulate sufficient miles/points to redeem rewards before expiry/program termination (through insolvency or otherwise).
Old Feb 18, 2016 | 3:20 am
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by percysmith
I clarified how the new rules work with a Tsuen Wan CS who spoke to her supervisor

If you are AM/GR and clear your list on or before 24 Feb
The five spaces on your list will be considered "Initial" on 25 Feb (akin to grandfathering)
You can fill them in partially or in one go on or after 25 Feb without charge

After the initial five spaces have been expended
You can still do three amendments per membership year (even on 26 Feb 16) for US$50 per space

AM/GR can process three amendments per membership year.
I have to withdraw the above. I've been given bad advice.

This afternoon I was shown an email excerpt by a colleague which seems to suggest once a member has utilised a space, it will not be grandfathered even if the member's list was cleared in its entirety on 24 Feb.

I called MPO:

"On 22/1 I was told if I clear redemption list on 24/2, my spaces will be grandfathered i.e. I'm exempt from paying US$50 to fill each space up again first time. Now a colleague is telling me I'm wrong, and showing me an email excerpt to make his point. Who's right?"

[ ] from Tsuen Wan: "He's right. I do apologise, we did say empty spaces will be grandfathered when we announced the changes, however we consulted internally and reversed our position after the consultation. Your colleague is right - if you've used all five spaces previously in your membership lifetime (I have) then you have to pay US$50 for each name you add to your redemption list on or after 25/2 even if you've paid US$90 to clear the list on 24/2."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.