Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Wait time to transfer Amex MR to Asia Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2022 | 10:00 am
Original Poster

I have read anywhere from 9 hours to 48 hours. If I have to wait 48 hours, there is a risk that the tickets will be gone by the time the transfer is complete. In your experience, how long does it really take?
Old Sep 22, 2022 | 10:19 am

Unfortunately I can only speak of my experience of transferring from HSBC to Asia Miles (which was around 10 minutes), but I discovered this by making a test transfer of a single Asia Mile. Could you do something similar?
Old Sep 22, 2022 | 10:28 am
Original Poster

True. I will do a test run after HK announces the 0+7 later this week.
Old Sep 23, 2022 | 2:27 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
The first transfer AMEX -> CX tends to take a couple of days. Subsequent transfers seem to be fast, within a couple of hours.

With my first transfer, there was a redeem itinerary waiting for the AsiaMiles being credited to my account.

Based on the way the AsiaMiles desk reacted to my messages, I think, they could see the AsiaMiles already arrived (though not visible for me), so they only needed to wait out the period that the transfer might be canceled and from there go ahead.
Old Sep 25, 2022 | 11:17 am

when I first started doing it back in 2017 or so it took one or two days
at some point (maybe 2019? I don't remember) things seemed to have been changed and from then on transfers have been immediate (as in, less than the time it takes for me to log in to my CX account) for me
keep in mind that I haven't actually made a transfer to CX since 2020, though
if the concern is specifically about award availability disappearing, I seem to remember CX being willing to hold award tickets for a while when calling - dunno if this is specifically a status benefit
Old Sep 25, 2022 | 9:34 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
I made a transfer this morning after reading about the CX transfer bonus on Soy's thread (Thank You). The transfer was within 10 minutes. The time it took me to log in to seek a redemption flight when I noticed additional miles.
Old Sep 26, 2022 | 1:49 pm
Original Poster

I made my first transfer too. It took <1 day.
Old Oct 4, 2022 | 11:42 am
10 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA GGL
Just did one, checked next day and was credited.
Old Oct 17, 2022 | 11:58 am

Just made a sizable transfer AMEX US to AsiaMiles and it happened instantly to my surprise. The ticketing agent even called me back when he noticed my balance had increased (which was another shock after several 2-hour hold phone calls to CX to sort it out).

Today is my second AMEX transfer to AsiaMiles, so perhaps what [MENTION=874767]Cambo[/MENTION] said above is true about subsequent transfer. My first AMEX to AsiaMiles transfer in August tool just over 3 full days.

For those of you anticipating a large transfer in the future, consider transferring 1k points initially to clear the initial transfer. Perhaps subsequent transfers will happen more instant?
Helios99 likes this.

Last edited by TrAAveller; Oct 17, 2022 at 11:59 am Reason: spelling error
Old Nov 9, 2022 | 4:49 pm

Transferred a large balance to Asia Miles today. Old account, no activity what so ever, transfer took less than 10 mins!
Old Nov 12, 2022 | 1:35 am
10 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA GGL
Has anyone received the transfer bonus? How long did it take?
Old Nov 22, 2022 | 2:08 am

Originally Posted by zebranz
Has anyone received the transfer bonus? How long did it take?
T&C says 8 to 10 weeks after 12 Nov.
Old Nov 23, 2022 | 12:12 pm

Another data point:
New Asia Miles account, transferred a bunch of Amex points in the morning, waited all day, went to bed at 1am sweating that my flight would be gone, they were there when I woke up at 7am. Flight booked!

So between 16 and 22 hours.
Old Mar 11, 2023 | 8:06 pm

Really bad exp for this transfer!!!! I transfered MR to AM account on Mar 1st, 2023, but till today Mar 11, 2023, no points show up!!!!
I've contact AMEX CS they said they've done on their end, then I contact Cathay Pacific CS, they ask me update my profile ?! I don't think this is the reason for this unacceptable time transfer.

Will update if something happened
Old Mar 11, 2023 | 9:05 pm

Transferred twice and both times were instant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.