Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton VISA Infinite. Available by PC from Bountiful/Boundless. Refreshed 09.22

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
The Ritz-Carlton Rewards VISA Infinite card was closed for applications in July 2018. The only way to obtain the Ritz card now is to Product Change from a Chase Bonvoy Bountiful or Boundless card, which must be open for a full year to be eligible for Product Change. Upgrades from free Chase Bonvoy Bold will not succeed UNLESS (a) the Bold card was obtained as a downgrade from another Chase Bonvoy card, (b) Or if you convert Bold to Boundless or Bountiful before switching once more to Ritz-Carlton within a few days of the product change (reports here)

Previous thread is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...16-2021-a.html

Ritz card information still available on the Chase SITE.

Feature Summary:
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 Marriott points per dollar at Marriott properties, including former Starwood and Ritz-Carltons.
  • 3 Marriott points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 Marriott points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 85,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals." This does not happen automatically. It must be requested by phone or by private message.
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night. Use code Z34 to check for price; Z38 is club upgrade code and can only be booked by phone
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

AS upgrades from coach to premium coach or first work.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton VISA Infinite. Available by PC from Bountiful/Boundless. Refreshed 09.22

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2024, 7:31 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
You get 10x and 5x points on the stay rate (including F&B, in-room telephone, in-room fax, in-room movies and video games) that doesn't include room taxes. You get 6x points on the entire purchase amount (including taxes).
Old Jul 14, 2024, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by cmhsieh54
Long time RC cc holder here... I have a question about earning Bonvoy points.

So, I'm platinum and just recently stayed at an RC. I spent $2930, and it's very clearly shown on the Bonvoy app that I earned 8x base points and 4x bonus points. Thus, a total of 12x points showed up on my Bonvoy app just a few hours after I checked out.

However, my RC cc spend's bonus points haven't hit my Bonvoy account yet. The RC credit card's webpage says that I earn 6x for every $1 spent on my Bonvoy stay, 10x for being a Bonvoy member, and 5x for my platinum status. That's 21x points. But how much of this 21x points is already counted in the 12x points?

I've never bothered to count my points like this before, I guess this is my biggest spend (at once) in a handful of years. Anybody with some idea what I should expect?
10x is on pre tax amount, 50 percent bonus is pre tax too. If you received 23.5k base points and 11.7k platinum bonus that implies $2.3k pre tax

6x will be on the post tax amount 6x 2.9k

You've already received 15x
Old Aug 1, 2024, 11:11 pm

Question

For the airline fee credit: is a partial redemption allowed to drain out your remaining balance?

For example, I have $25 of the airline fee credit left but I charge a $30 bag fee. Can the rep just redeem $25 when I call?
Old Aug 2, 2024, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
For the airline fee credit: is a partial redemption allowed to drain out your remaining balance?

For example, I have $25 of the airline fee credit left but I charge a $30 bag fee. Can the rep just redeem $25 when I call?
Yes. Do it every year.
SPN Lifer and IAD_flyer like this.
Old Aug 4, 2024, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by dodger 1k
I did a product change today on the phone from Bold To Ritz Carlton. Took less than 5 minutes, most of which was the agent reading disclosures. When i asked for the product change, she immediately said i was eligible. I did not have a premium Marriott card prior to this, only the Bold for a year and 2 days.
I just tried and was told the only option available on the account was the Bountiful card. The card at the moment doesn't have the required $10K minimum, but I was hoping to reallocate the required limit and do the change all in one go. I'll try again.

Worst comes to worst, I'll see if I can do what thomasRZ did some years back in December 2022. I would link it, but apparently, my account is too new.

"Just done this today, BOLD -> Bountiful -> (3Days later) Ritz path working for me today finally get PC to Rtiz. Hope this help other people with BOLD card"
gudugan likes this.

Last edited by Spike Spiegel; Aug 4, 2024 at 11:26 am Reason: Included quote
Old Aug 4, 2024, 12:07 pm

No luck going from Bold to Ritz-Carlton directly.

Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel
I just tried and was told the only option available on the account was the Bountiful card. The card at the moment doesn't have the required $10K minimum, but I was hoping to reallocate the required limit and do the change all in one go. I'll try again.

Worst comes to worst, I'll see if I can do what thomasRZ did some years back in December 2022. I would link it, but apparently, my account is too new.

"Just done this today, BOLD -> Bountiful -> (3Days later) Ritz path working for me today finally get PC to Rtiz. Hope this help other people with BOLD card"

Whelp. Just gave it another shot. I relocated the required credit line during the call but the representative who said he was familiar with customer requests to change to the Ritz-Carlton card, was not able to see it on his end. Told me that perhaps it's a case by case basis. They recommended I upgrade to the Boundless or Bountiful card and then give it a shot. I agreed to the upgrade and will call again later this week to try.
gudugan likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2024, 9:13 am

Lightbulb Ritz-Carlton upgrade success

Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel
Whelp. Just gave it another shot. I relocated the required credit line during the call but the representative who said he was familiar with customer requests to change to the Ritz-Carlton card, was not able to see it on his end. Told me that perhaps it's a case by case basis. They recommended I upgrade to the Boundless or Bountiful card and then give it a shot. I agreed to the upgrade and will call again later this week to try.
Whelp. Be the Data Point you hope to see.As previously mentioned, I called, and they wouldn't let me update to the Ritz-Carlton card directly. I upgraded to the Bountiful yesterday, called and upgraded to the Ritz card today. Doesn't appear to be any set time to contact regarding the second upgrade other than letting a day pass by.
Old Aug 15, 2024, 3:21 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Ok, so I’m devising a kind of crazy plan to get another Marriott card, and need some help.

First, what I have:
- Chase Bonvoy Boundless (bonus received far more than 24 months ago) - AF early March
- Amex Bonvoy (old SPG, so bonus more than 24 months ago) - AF late April
- Amex Bonvoy Brilliant (opened in March)
- 5/24 slot opens late April

I want to pick up another Boundless, and upgrading to RC has been on my radar.

So I am thinking of upgrading the Amex Bonvoy ($95) to another Brilliant shortly before the AF (in theory, this should cost me a pro-rated fee, but give me a 85k cert).

I’ll also need to upgrade the Boundless to the RC, but I’m confused on timing. If I PC to the RC before the AF, I understand that I will get charged a non-prorated AF. But if I do that right before the AF, then do I get charged double? If not, how long is that window? Could I do it in late Dec to get the extra travel credit?

Also, if anyone wants to shoot holes in my plan go ahead.

Old Aug 15, 2024, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Aero137
Ok, so I’m devising a kind of crazy plan to get another Marriott card, and need some help.

First, what I have:
- Chase Bonvoy Boundless (bonus received far more than 24 months ago) - AF early March

So I am thinking of upgrading the Amex Bonvoy ($95) to another Brilliant shortly before the AF (in theory, this should cost me a pro-rated fee, but give me a 85k cert).

I’ll also need to upgrade the Boundless to the RC, but I’m confused on timing. If I PC to the RC before the AF, I understand that I will get charged a non-prorated AF. But if I do that right before the AF, then do I get charged double? If not, how long is that window? Could I do it in late Dec to get the extra travel credit?

I upgraded to RC back in December 2020; AF of $95 was charged 10/1/20. The $450 AF was not charged until 4/1/21. Was reimbursed for the $300 Annual Air travel fee for 2020.
Old Aug 15, 2024, 9:40 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by Aero137

First, what I have:

If you opened the Brilliant in March 2024 and received a signup bonus, you can't get a Boundless (or Bold or Bountiful) until March 2026 (24 months).
Also, if you get an upgrade bonus from Amex Bonvoy > Brilliant it also resets the 24 month clock.

You could get an Amex Business which would give you +15 EQN and a 35k cert. The Brilliant has lifetime language, so that doesn't sound like a great option. You could also get the Bevy, but that card is pretty useless.
https://frequentmiler.com/marriott-card-eligible/
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2024, 10:26 pm

Anyone have issues getting authorized user priority passes? I noticed the benefit is not mentioned on the Chase benefits site for the card.
Old Aug 21, 2024, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by UnitedHostage
Anyone have issues getting authorized user priority passes? I noticed the benefit is not mentioned on the Chase benefits site for the card.
I just PC'ed yesterday and can't even figure out how to enroll myself. I don't see PP under the benefits tab. When I called customer service when I was upgrading, he was also trying to enroll me in PP but it wasn't working at the time.
Old Aug 21, 2024, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Blaga
I just PC'ed yesterday and can't even figure out how to enroll myself. I don't see PP under the benefits tab. When I called customer service when I was upgrading, he was also trying to enroll me in PP but it wasn't working at the time.
Odd. Most references to priority pass seem to be removed from the site.
Old Aug 21, 2024, 1:40 pm

What is the timeline for product changing to the Ritz Visa Infinite? Do you have to wait for the first day in the new month 12 months after you acquired the card? How soon after you product change can you get another Boundless card?
Old Aug 22, 2024, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by UnitedHostage
What is the timeline for product changing to the Ritz Visa Infinite? Do you have to wait for the first day in the new month 12 months after you acquired the card? How soon after you product change can you get another Boundless card?
PC can happen anytime after 365+1 day. Did this in 2023. Believe you can apply for another Boundless as soon as PC is complete, as long you haven't had a newer, conflicting card/ bonus (https://frequentmiler.com/marriott-c...nvoy_Boundless)
UnitedHostage likes this.

Last edited by lochquel; Aug 22, 2024 at 9:20 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.