Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 27, 2023, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
The previous thread is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...20-2022-a.html

In April 2020 Chase criteria for approving BUSINESS card applications became more stringent. All Chase INK products are business cards. Chase also issues co-branded business cards for United Airlines (2 different biz cards), Southwest Airlines (2 different biz cards), Hyatt and IHG.

Chase business cards are subject to the 5/24 restriction. Approval of a Chase business application does not increase the N/24 count, but there are a few reports in the 4th quarter of 2022 that this may have changed. Review THIS thread. There will always be some uncertainty, because 5/24 is an unpublished rule which Chase can modify without notice or explanation.

For general information about applying for Chase cards, including explanation of the unpublished 5/24 rule, please review the Wikipost of the PERSONAL card thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...ds-2023-a.html

Anyone can apply for a business card as a sole proprietor. If your business has a registered company name, which Chase can verify, you may use the name to apply. Otherwise, use your legal First and Last name as the business name. Do not add any extra words, do not use a made up name. If Chase cannot verify the name the application will fail.

Useful Chase telephone numbers
(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated
(800) 453-9719 – Business Credit Card Reconsideration Line with live rep
(800) 453-9719 – Credit Reallocation Office (Business cards)
(888) 622-7547 – Executive Offices

Twitter: @ChaseSupport

Note: The automated Status Line often shows no record of business card applications. This does NOT mean that there is a problem with your application. You will need to contact Chase to learn the status, or wait for Chase to contact you.

You can use a single Username on chase.com to manage both Business and Personal card accounts, but you will initially need to set them up separately, and then telephonically ask customer service to combine them by merging the Personal account into the Business account. It cannot be done the other way. Once personal account is merged to business account, if all business cards are closed while keeping one (or more) personal cards open, online access to all cards will terminate and a new personal (online) account will need to be created using a different username than previous personal account.

Update: It is possible now to link Business and Personal accounts online. First set them up separately, then log into the Business account and follow this click path: Icon at the top right that looks like a person -> Profile & Settings -> Account Settings -> Manage Linked Accounts. Then look for the "Link relationship" option for the personal accounts. For more information on linking accounts: How to link Chase personal and business accounts?

Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (2023-24)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2023, 5:29 am

Good morning everyone,
Hoping someone might have the answer....If you have a C corporation with a separate business address and EIN can a new Chase Ink card be mailed to the personal address of the person who applied for the card rather than the business address? Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 11, 2023, 7:59 am

Does anybody have a detailed comparison chart for all the business cards and which ones include trip cancellation benefits as good as what Chase reserve provides thx
Old Mar 11, 2023, 2:17 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by UCitiFlyer
I opened November 2022, just got my auto CLI yesterday that doubled my CL to $10K.
Me too, a few days back.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 8:51 pm

Was approved of the United Quest at the beginning of Feb. Applied for the Ink Cash and was denied. Called recon and was denied again.
A week later, after 30 days have passed since the Quest card was approved, applied for the Ink Cash second time and was denied again. Called recon and was approved.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 1:22 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Originally Posted by maigewitter
....Applied for the Ink Cash and was denied. Called recon and was denied again.
....applied for the Ink Cash second time and was denied again.
What were the reasons for each of these three denials?
Old Mar 12, 2023, 6:44 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by mia
What were the reasons for each of these three denials?
Wouldn't it be because he was within the 30 day window?
Old Mar 12, 2023, 9:08 am

Ran into "in review" status message. Does this mean a manual review and 50/50? Over 5/24.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 6:24 pm

Applied for the Ink Unlimited to get the 90k, of course the application is not instant approval.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 12:20 pm

Ink Business Cash cc

Applied for the Ink Business Cash card last Wednesday (3/8/2023) as a Sole proprietor using my legal name and SSN.
Got the “in review” message.

Called the Chase business recon line this morning and spoke with a csr.
After verifying my identity she informed me that the application is still in review. She advised me to wait until I receive a letter, email or online message from chase.

The last business card I got from Chase was back in 2018. I recall the review process took about 3 business days back then.

I guess they are slammed right now with everyone applying to take advantage of the SUB that goes away in about a week.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 3:00 pm

Called in this afternoon, rep said they tried to pull Experian and it was frozen. Last time they pulled Equifax, so I had unfroze Equifax. This time they want Experian. So I unfroze Experian, they pulled report and then he said he would need to transfer me to, "Account Acquisitions". After transfer, she put me through the third degree of questions (as expected). Then said, the account will require additional time for review and I should hear something in the next one to two weeks.
Old Mar 14, 2023, 3:29 pm

I figured, what the heck, so I called the number back. HUCA automated response now says two weeks. That usually means good news. Why can't I ever just get, "APPROVED"?
Old Mar 15, 2023, 12:05 am

My wife and I both applied for Ink Unlimited. She got approved after 3 days, and I received the following letter. "Thank you for your Visa Signature request. We need you to call us to confirm your information before we can continue our review. This may be related to an alert on your credit report, or to confirm your Taxpayer Identification." What should I expect when I call them?

A few data points. We're both under 5/24, and we each have the following Chase Biz cards: CIU, CICx2, SW Premier and Performance. We have been applying for a lot cards since Oct 2022 to get the SW Companion pass and the latest 34 days ago for the CIC. We use our SSN to apply. I pre-emptively lowered my credit line on two Chase Ink cards in case my overall credit limit could be a problem. We both have pretty good FICOs, but her score are always higher by 15-20pts, I think b/c of my student loans. Any advice in advance of the call to Chase would be appreciated.

Last edited by EatMoreChicken; Mar 15, 2023 at 3:53 am
Old Mar 15, 2023, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by EatMoreChicken
My wife and I both applied for Ink Unlimited. She got approved after 3 days, and I received the following letter. "Thank you for your Visa Signature request. We need you to call us to confirm your information before we can continue our review. This may be related to an alert on your credit report, or to confirm your Taxpayer Identification." What should I expect when I call them?

A few data points. We're both under 5/24, and we each have the following Chase Biz cards: CIU, CICx2, SW Premier and Performance. We have been applying for a lot cards since Oct 2022 to get the SW Companion pass and the latest 34 days ago for the CIC. We use our SSN to apply. I pre-emptively lowered my credit line on two Chase Ink cards in case my overall credit limit could be a problem. We both have pretty good FICOs, but her score are always higher by 15-20pts, I think b/c of my student loans. Any advice in advance of the call to Chase would be appreciated.
1. You never lower your credit limits. That would have been credit that could have been shifted to open the new card. Now you don't have that credit at all.
2. What are the two business names?
3. You don't say what the FICO numbers are 15-20 could be the difference. For that matter 5 points could be the difference.
4. What is a lot of cards? 3, 4, 5 .....
5. What is your usage of those existing cards? Did you meet the minimum spend and then stop? Are you still putting spend on those cards?
6. Depending on how you filled out the application, they are going to possibly want a business license, secretary of state filing of DBA, IRS letter, tax returns, proof of income, etc... But without know exactly how you filled out the application, I am only speculating based on what I have had to provide to them in the past. I might mention, not so distant past either. They used to be really easy, now they are very detailed in their investigations and requests. YMMV

PS, I am happy to help you if I can.
Boraxo and EatMoreChicken like this.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
1. You never lower your credit limits. That would have been credit that could have been shifted to open the new card. Now you don't have that credit at all.
While I agree with you there are many who dont. I always want to be able to shift credit, should they change their criteria, but people want the great chance of auto approval
Originally Posted by TheDenverGuy
Applied for the Ink Business Cash card last Wednesday (3/8/2023) as a Sole proprietor using my legal name and SSN.
Got the “in review” message.

Called the Chase business recon line this morning and spoke with a csr.
After verifying my identity she informed me that the application is still in review. She advised me to wait until I receive a letter, email or online message from chase.
That is where you jump in and say "I have some big business expenses coming up, is there someone I can speak with the expedite this?" They will transfer you to someone who can approve/deny you on the spot
EatMoreChicken likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2023, 7:11 am

I received the following email message just now and it is celebration time:
New account
Congratulations! Your new credit card is approved

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.