Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate
Reload this Page >

Updated: TSA Proposes to Delay REAL ID Full Enforcement to May 5, 2027

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Updated: TSA Proposes to Delay REAL ID Full Enforcement to May 5, 2027

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2024 | 12:07 pm
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Barciur
Not only that but also the document validity and cost themselves. There is no reason that in PA I should have to pay extra $30 while in other states, people get it free. There is also no reason why my Real ID needs to be renewed every 4 years while in other states, it can be as long as 10.

Of course, for me it's irrelevant, as I'll just use my federal document like a passport or passport card or GE, but the point stands for the majority of people.
I wasnt going to get a Real ID DL, but after so many extensions to the requirement date our time came when we had to go in person to renew our DLs. In Michigan, there is no extra charge to get a Real ID, and to switch to one all we had to do was bring our passport cards. Michigan also offers an enhanced DL, but I didnt get that because at the time it cost extra AND you couldnt renew it by mail or online, so would have had to renew in person every four years. They have since changed that so you can renew them online, and I think lowered the cost also (now only $20 extra for the enhanced).
Old Yesterday | 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by TWA884
Does you son have any bank accounts? Any medical, dental or vision insurance documents? School documents, IDs or tuition payment receipts?

If he doesn't, he may present a birth certificate that shows his relationship to a person whose name does appear on the residency documentation.
interesting list. Unfortunately most of the listed docs go to our PO Box and.or do not have my sons or spousess name on them or are in the name of a trust.

I am sure most people do not have these issues but we do. Thankfully we have no need for real ID.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.