Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit September 2019 and beyond

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 29, 2019, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Discussion of the previous version of this benefit (July 2017 - August 2019) is HERE.

Effective September 1, 2019 bookings for the 4th night benefit must be made exclusively by visiting thankyou.com or calling 1 800 THANKYOU. Citi Concierge will no longer handle new 4th night benefit bookings but will continue to support bookings made prior to September 1, 2019. To utilize your benefit through our online travel site, and/or have the option to use your ThankYou points, please visit thankyou.com, select travel in the top menu bar, select hotels, choose hotel designated as “Complimentary 4th Night Eligible”, book at least 4 nights, see savings at checkout.
Print Wikipost

Citi Prestige 4th night free hotel benefit September 2019 and beyond

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2024 | 4:30 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Prestige 4th night free

Can I book the 4th night free for someone else when I am not traveling with the person? I think I read that it is possible now after it's changed to limit of two nights per year but would like to confirm.
Old Sep 9, 2024 | 9:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by llngoc
Can I book the 4th night free for someone else when I am not traveling with the person? I think I read that it is possible now after it's changed to limit of two nights per year but would like to confirm.
I have a similar question. I'm booked at a hyatt in London using points, and used my prestige 4th night benefit to book a room for a friend & his wife, and put his name in as the primary guest. It's kind of high stakes if the hotel objects or if citi cancels the reservation last minute. I'll be pissed if they somehow claw back the credit, or if they cancel my Prestige for T&C violation.
Old Sep 10, 2024 | 5:17 am
10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by llngoc
Originally Posted by joachimm
I have a similar question. I'm booked at a hyatt in London using points, and used my prestige 4th night benefit to book a room for a friend & his wife, and put his name in as the primary guest. It's kind of high stakes if the hotel objects or if citi cancels the reservation last minute. I'll be pissed if they somehow claw back the credit, or if they cancel my Prestige for T&C violation.
The 4th night free eligibility requirements:
Reservations can be made in the primary cardmember or authorized user’s name.
You can:
  • Change the guest's name and see if Citi / Rocket Travel notices, as there is actually no restrictions on the name you can put in as guest info when you book.
  • Leave your name as guest info and see if the hotel can add someone else as an additional guest.
Old Sep 10, 2024 | 8:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
The 4th night free eligibility requirements:
You can:
  • Change the guest's name and see if Citi / Rocket Travel notices, as there is actually no restrictions on the name you can put in as guest info when you book.
This is what I did, it's about 6 weeks away so I'll keep an eye on things. I've had this card for a while and I remember when there was a post-visit reimbursement for 4th night free. This seems much more automated and much less likely to be flagged.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.