Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Product change to Double Cash and Custom Cash not available.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Product change to Double Cash and Custom Cash not available.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2023, 4:42 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Originally Posted by DeirEzZur
Available Products for Double cash card
Please clarify if these are cards that can be changed TO Double Cash, or the reverse? What is the source of the information?
Old Oct 1, 2023, 4:53 pm

It is from Citi.

Available Products for Double cash card(holder)
Old Oct 1, 2023, 4:55 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Originally Posted by DeirEzZur
It is from Citi.
Where does Citi publish this list?

I see the same list posted here, also without attribution: https://www.uscardforum.com/t/topic/192265/10

Last edited by mia; Oct 1, 2023 at 5:06 pm
Old Oct 3, 2023, 8:19 am

Programs: Independent
Originally Posted by DiMAn0684
Dividend is a solid card, you wait until a good 5% category, max it out in one quarter to earn $300 CB, and put the card away until next year.
Sure. But I find it annoying to do that. I expend way too much effort optimizing my spend and the extra $180 isn't worth it to me (if you count TYP at 1c, which I don't).
Anyway I guess that's what's happening.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 9:09 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by mhdena
Today I was offered an exchange from a Premier to a Double Cash or Rewards +.
Today I was able to PC a Premier to a Custom Cash.
dw, Biscoff27, mia and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
DP: PC Citi AA (held for 2+ years) --->Custom Cash.

Experience was easier than before.
You have a choice of getting a text or e-mail (associated with your account)to go over disclosures yourself so they dont have to read you the whole thing over the phone.
When you get the email (which is what I chose) you press the Accept button on the site and that's it, PC'd.

Almost immediately online account shows that your card is going to through a PC.
I paid off my remaining balance except for the $99.00 Annual Fee before PC to make it cleaner
Agent told me to pay the 99 to avoid possible interest charges and just have the 99 get refunded automatically later.
But I waited to see what would happen after PC and like I said - online everything was reflecting a product change immediately and it no longer asked me for a payment of $99.00(the remaining AF) - everything just said remaining balance $0.00.

If you're curious as to what to expect in the PC email here it is:
-------------------------------------------

Please review the following account disclosures during your current phone call with Citi.

• Upon conversion, you will no longer be eligible for any special rewards offers associated with your previous account.
  • You earn 5 ThankYou Points for each $1 you spend in your highest spend category each billing cycle up to the first $500 spent in that category. After the first $500 spent in that category during the billing cycle, you will earn 1 ThankYou point for each additional $1 you spend.
  • You earn 1 ThankYou point for each $1 you spend on purchases excluding purchases made in your highest spend category.
  • Each purchase on your card account is assigned to a category based on the merchant category code. We will calculate your total amount spent in each category, less any returns posted during the billing cycle, even if the original purchase date for the return was in an earlier billing cycle. We will use this information to determine your highest spend category.
  • Each billing cycle we will determine your highest spend for purchases posted to your account in the following categories: restaurants, gas stations, grocery stores, select travel, select transit, select streaming services, drugstores, home improvement stores, fitness clubs and live entertainment.
  • Purchases exclude balance transfer and cash transactions such as cash advances and wire transfers. For more examples, see your rewards terms and conditions.
  • With 30 days notice, we can change the rewards terms or terminate the program.
  • You will receive a complete copy of the Citi ThankYou Rewards Terms and Conditions with your new card.
  • Your Citi/AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Card account will be converted to the Citi Custom Cash account.
  • Your account number will change.
  • You will receive a confirmation letter with the new terms and conditions.
  • The new benefits will be applied to your account within 11 days and your new card should arrive within 10-14 business days.
  • The new account pricing, including any fee changes, will be applied on [51 days from today].
  • You have until [50 days from today] to cancel the request. If you do not and your account meets our conversion criteria your account will be converted.
NOTE: Read the following Important Product Losses / Changes:
  • Change in Annual fee to $0.00
  • Change in Balance Transfer Fee to 5%, Minimum $5.00 with no Maximum
  • Change in Foreign Transaction Fee to 3.00%
    Applies on [51 days from today]
  • Lose $125 Flight Discount
    After you spend $20,000 or more in eligible purchases during your card year and renew your card.
  • Lose 25% off Eligible Inflight Purchases
  • Lose Access to Earn Advantage Miles
  • Lose American Airlines Bag Waiver
  • Lose Damage & Theft Purchase Protection
  • Lose Extended Warranty
Please confirm you accept the above account disclosures and give our phone representative permission to continue with this request.
mia likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2024, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Didn’t want to start a new thread; this one seems to sort of fit:

I currently have the following Citi cards:

- AA MileUp (one of my oldest cards, a downgrade from a former $50 AF AA Gold Visa or Mastercard that I had years ago)

- Strata Premier

- AA Executive card

I expect to keep the AA Executive card through 2025, maybe longer. I am also build up Citi TYPs to diversify from Amex MR and Chase UR. The MileUp card currently serves no good purpose other than the occasional Citi merchant offer. But I intend to keep a MileUp card “forever” in my fleet.

My plan:

1. product change the MileUp card to DoubleCash now, to have a 2X TYP card to make the Strata Premier more useful.
2. at some point in the future when I don’t want to keep the AA Exec card anymore, downgrade it to a MileUp card.

Any reason why this wouldn’t work or why I shouldn’t be doing this?
Old Aug 13, 2024, 8:21 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, WF, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Didn’t want to start a new thread; this one seems to sort of fit:

I currently have the following Citi cards:

- AA MileUp (one of my oldest cards, a downgrade from a former $50 AF AA Gold Visa or Mastercard that I had years ago)

- Strata Premier

- AA Executive card

I expect to keep the AA Executive card through 2025, maybe longer. I am also build up Citi TYPs to diversify from Amex MR and Chase UR. The MileUp card currently serves no good purpose other than the occasional Citi merchant offer. But I intend to keep a MileUp card “forever” in my fleet.

My plan:

1. product change the MileUp card to DoubleCash now, to have a 2X TYP card to make the Strata Premier more useful.
2. at some point in the future when I don’t want to keep the AA Exec card anymore, downgrade it to a MileUp card.

Any reason why this wouldn’t work or why I shouldn’t be doing this?
Convert to Custom Cash, it's more useful. I converted all of my cards to Custom Cash, except Prestige and AT&T AM. I also have Sears, but you can't convert this one to another Citi card.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2024, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by yugi
Convert to Custom Cash, it's more useful. I converted all of my cards to Custom Cash, except Prestige and AT&T AM. I also have Sears, but you can't convert this one to another Citi card.
So the two categories where I could reliably max out the $500 per month to earn 5X would be groceries or dining. But I can already get 3X for that spend with the Strata Premier, so I would earn at most an additional 2X * $500 * 12 or 12,000 points per year.

To earn those additional 12,000 points with the double cash card, I would have to move $22k in 1X spend from other cards to the DC card. Not actually sure that I reliably have that much 1X category spend per year (I do a lot of category shifting with Visa/MC giftcards to earn 5X UR or 4X AA LP).

Thanks for the suggestion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.