Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Citi travel portal operated by Booking.com (Open 19 March 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Citi travel portal operated by Booking.com (Open 19 March 2023)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2022, 9:22 pm

I gave up on trying use my second 4NF of 2022 on a high value January booking and used it book something more modest December stay.
Also annoying issue was that I wasn't initially able to complete the booking online; just got taken to an error page saying I had to call to confirm my identity. 2 phone calls and 10 transfers later, I was able finally able to book my December stay.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 4:13 pm

The same thing happened to me too... unable to book online through Citi's website and it just tells me to call customer service to verify my identity. ~DO NOT CALL~ customer service, it'll be a waste of time for you as it did for me. Instead, call citi Thankyou travel(cxLoyalty). When I called they told me that Citi's in the process of upgrading their system, and most if not all the bookings need to be completed by phone.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by xun911
The same thing happened to me too... unable to book online through Citi's website and it just tells me to call customer service to verify my identity. ~DO NOT CALL~ customer service, it'll be a waste of time for you as it did for me. Instead, call citi Thankyou travel(cxLoyalty). When I called they told me that Citi's in the process of upgrading their system, and most if not all the bookings need to be completed by phone.
Apparently the issue for my initial endless round of transfers was because I called the Thankyou help line after their normal business hours (it was a Friday night, and I'm on the West Coast). I probably got automatically redirected to the Citi customer service line, and each department "didn't handle this issue" and transferred to the next department. The tech department had a hunch that it was due to it being after hours for Thankyou, so I called the original number the next morning and got my online booking privileges restored.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 4:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Originally Posted by 355F1
A little update on TPG.

​​​​​​https://thepointsguy.com/news/citi-t...rtal-overhaul/

On Nov 13th, 2022 we will be able to book the first half of 2023.
anyone tried yet?
Old Nov 15, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Originally Posted by KL808
anyone tried yet?
The site still does not work. It allows you to search for days after January 1st (i.e. no longer grayed out), but will not return any results.

Citi has really screwed this up royally. I also wonder if they're venturing into fraud territory by effectively blocking Prestige cardholders from using the 4th night free benefit since August.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 4:02 am

I got flights and cars to return, but not hotels
Old Nov 16, 2022, 6:07 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
I did a test search for hotels yesterday and got results with no problem for June 2023...
KL808 likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 12:24 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by EmpressRouge
Apparently the issue for my initial endless round of transfers was because I called the Thankyou help line after their normal business hours (it was a Friday night, and I'm on the West Coast). I probably got automatically redirected to the Citi customer service line, and each department "didn't handle this issue" and transferred to the next department. The tech department had a hunch that it was due to it being after hours for Thankyou, so I called the original number the next morning and got my online booking privileges restored.
After being run around for multiple calls, one agent from ThankYou asked to update my profile and enter a home phone number. Once that was done I was able to check out, so just review the profile settings on thank you (not citi) and make sure all fields are correct.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 12:45 am

I have been waiting to book this hotel in Vietnam.

Direct: $563 (most expensive rate for that room and can get 10% discount)
Agoda: $462
Expedia: $557

Citi with 4th night free: $623 lol Not sure what rate they use.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 10:26 am

Does anyone know WHY it still says "TRAVEL SERVICES PROVIDED BY CXLOYALTY INC" on the portal?

I thought it was going through Bookings.com?

So did they get extension from CXLOYALTY or is the booking dot com not ready yet?

Originally Posted by Fishy
I have been waiting to book this hotel in Vietnam.

Direct: $563 (most expensive rate for that room and can get 10% discount)
Agoda: $462
Expedia: $557

Citi with 4th night free: $623 lol Not sure what rate they use.
Yeah the rates im looking at for Vietnam is no where near what others have!

WTH
Old Dec 4, 2022, 10:33 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Originally Posted by KL808
Does anyone know WHY it still says "TRAVEL SERVICES PROVIDED BY CXLOYALTY INC" on the portal?
The TPG article linked earlier in the thread it explains that the "new" portal (operated by booking.com) will not be live until 2023. Citi and cxLoyalty evidently came to an agreement to extend the booking range as a bridge until the new portal is ready.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 11:25 am

From my interpretation, the Booking.com portal could occur at any point in 2023, not necessarily Jan 1st as:
- They haven't provided a specific date/month/quarter yet
- The cxLoyalty extension occurred in late October, so is presumably longer than just two months

I'm also expecting far greater choice in hotels with Booking.com than what is available with cxLoyalty.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by lewis_saint
From my interpretation, the Booking.com portal could occur at any point in 2023, not necessarily Jan 1st as:
- They haven't provided a specific date/month/quarter yet
- The cxLoyalty extension occurred in late October, so is presumably longer than just two months

I'm also expecting far greater choice in hotels with Booking.com than what is available with cxLoyalty.
I really hope that there will be a greater choice on hotels as well.
Old Dec 4, 2022, 12:09 pm
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Booking Holdings and Expedia control more than 90% of the USA OTA market, and they both are large room night consolidators. That's why many cxLoyalty hotel reservations were fulfilled through Expedia. Booking.com will surely have more, and more profitable, hotel inventory than cxLoyalty or Hopper etc. I am surprised that booking,com is slow to roll out a portal. This is their core business. There must be a problem integrating it with thankyou.com .
Old Dec 31, 2022, 10:27 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
My renewal is coming up.

My use of the 4th night free would be in the second half of the year, but hard to renew without knowing what the rates will be like on this benefit.

Has anyone compared it to Booking.com rates?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.