Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Which Sears related card(s) do you use?
My card earns ThankYou points (TYP).
28.57%
My card earns Shop Your Way points (SYW).
68.57%
I have both the TYP and SYW versions.
0%
My Sears card earns no rewards.
0%
I follow this thread, but I do not use a Sears card.
2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 3, 2024, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
To read previous discussion click HERE
Discussion of the discontinued Sears MasterCards which earn ThankYou Points has been moved to a separate thread, HERE.

Application link for the Shop Your Way (SYW) MasterCard is HERE.

Accumulating points, expiration, and redemptions:
You can accumulate SYW points in some of the following methods:
  • Bonus offers sent to your email (ie: Spend $750 on Online and get 200,000 SYW Bonus points)
  • Regular spend - categories: 5% in gas, 3% in grocery/restaurants, 2% in SYW Merchants, 1% everywhere else
  • "Missions" in the SYW App (iPhone/Android)
Expiration of points:
Not all points have the same expiration timeframe. Some bonus/incentive points expire in 30 days or less. Most are 1 year. You can check in the SYW app, or the shopyourway.com website. Make sure to redeem the points before they expire!!!!

Redemptions:
You can only redeem $200 worth per day. So if you redeem for a $200 GC, you have to wait until the next day to make another redemption of any amount.

What counted as online purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Amazon purchase or re-load
  • Carters.com (Merchandise-CHILDRENS / INFANTS WEAR STORE)
  • Costco.com
  • Ebay seller fees (direct entry) (MCC: N/A)
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Gift Card Mall
  • Homedepot.com (Merchandise-HOME SUPPLY WAREHOUSE STORES)
  • Iherb.com (Merchandise-MISC FOOD STORE,SPECIALTY,CONVENIENCE)
  • Kygunco.com (Merchandise-DURABLE GOODS, NOT ELSEWHERE CLASSIFIED)
  • Lockedloaded.com (Merchandise-SPORTING GOODS STORES)
  • MileagePlusX (MCC varies)
  • Pirateship.com (Services-COURIER SERVICE, FREIGHT FORWARDERS)
  • Plastiq (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
  • Scholastic.com (Organizations-MISC SCHOOLS / EDUCATIONAL SERVICES)
  • Usmint.gov (Services-MISC GOVERNMENT SERVICES)
  • united.com (Air Travel-UNITED AIRLINES)
  • Texas de Brazil (.com site for GC, VIP cards) - Merchandise - NOVELTY/SOUVENIR SHOPS
What didn't count as online purchase (alphabetical order):
  • Fluz (MCC varies, YMMV)
  • Geico.com (Services-INSURANCE-SALES / UNDERWRITING)
  • Paypal (MCC varies)
What counted as utilities purchase with Sears card (alphabetical order)
  • Cable, Satellite, TV (Restaurants-CABLE,SATELLITE,PAY TV/RADIO SERVICES)
  • Telecom (Restaurants-TELEPHONE SERVICE)
  • Telecom (Services-TELEPHONE SERVICE/EQUIPMENT)
  • Utilities (Restaurants-UTILITIES-ELECTRIC,GAS,SANITARY,WATER)
What didn't count as Travel purchase (alphabetical order):
  • VRBO
What didn't count as Restaurnt purchase (alphabetical order):
  • Texas de Brazil.com (GC,VIP cards, etc.) - Merchandise - NOVELTY/SOUVENIR SHOPS

Credit Line Increases
This is very odd, but according to the Chatbot on the website:
Q. When requesting a credit limit increase, is the credit inquiry a hard or soft credit inquiry?
A. Unfortunately, until we process the request, there isn't a way for us to know if a credit line increase request will be a soft or hard hit on your credit report. For this reason, we have to receive your permission to pull a copy of your credit report before we process the increase request. If you process the request online, you will see a message stating "By submitting this form, you authorize Citibank, N.A. to obtain your credit report."

To request an increase online:
In order to request an increase, you will need to go to your “Credit Home” page, and find “Available Credit” at the top of the page. Then, click on the link that says “Request Increase” to begin the process.

Print Wikipost

Citi Shop Your Way (SYW) Cards

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2024, 9:40 am

Got the same $70 back on $1000 online purchases I've got for the past couple of months.
Old Jun 15, 2024, 11:07 am

My most common is $50 stmt credit for $750 spend, but it has ranged from $30 credit to 250k syw points, while the return has ranged from 4% to 30%.
TyrannicalDuncery likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2024, 1:25 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
Got a whopper for Online spend this month, 200000 SYW points for $750 spend between 6/15-7/14. This was on both SO & my accounts.

Last edited by concordian; Jun 15, 2024 at 1:31 pm Reason: Additional details
Old Jun 15, 2024, 4:56 pm

Walmart wouldn't let me buy a visa GC at self checkout today. I was scanning the other items when someone ran over and said I had to remove the GC and go over to Customer Service to buy it. I finished paying for my other stuff, but the line at CS was too long to bother, so I don't know if there would have been other restrictions. Also don't know if I could have just gone thru a regular checkout instead. This is new so maybe they are cracking down?

Last edited by libralibra; Jun 15, 2024 at 5:01 pm
Old Jun 15, 2024, 7:45 pm

No 250k offer this time, back to $70 on $1k online spend. Also have GGR and some home improvement offer still going as well.
Old Jun 17, 2024, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by libralibra
Walmart wouldn't let me buy a visa GC at self checkout today. I was scanning the other items when someone ran over and said I had to remove the GC and go over to Customer Service to buy it. I finished paying for my other stuff, but the line at CS was too long to bother, so I don't know if there would have been other restrictions. Also don't know if I could have just gone thru a regular checkout instead. This is new so maybe they are cracking down?
Yes, there's some dollar limit or something at SCO with Walmart when buying GC with a credit card.
regular checkout I think you're fine.
Old Jun 17, 2024, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by hurnik
Yes, there's some dollar limit or something at SCO with Walmart when buying GC with a credit card.
In my area, I was able to do a $500 vgc at sco and a $1000 at cashier. Never bought for than 1k at a time since the SWY never had a higher requirement
Old Jun 17, 2024, 9:09 am

Programs: Hilton-Gold
Got the GGR credits for May spend for self & SO.
AndieNarwhal and hurnik like this.
Old Jun 17, 2024, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by hurnik
Originally Posted by GranblueF
In my area, I was able to do a $500 vgc at sco and a $1000 at cashier. Never bought for than 1k at a time since the SWY never had a higher requirement
Thanks, I'll give that a try next time.

update: the regular checkout also directed me to the CS counter when I asked for $500. CS worked, but then WalmartPay rejected the payment. The lady said to use cash or debit, but I just swiped the syw card and it went thru - not sure why WP failed with the same card. Maybe from doing this for 2 months, it got my account flagged.

Last edited by libralibra; Jun 21, 2024 at 12:52 pm
Old Jun 22, 2024, 6:39 pm

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
No new promos for me since the $50 for 6+ $60 transactions end at the end of May. I still have the 5% for travel and entertainment promo till the end of the year but use other cards for those categories.

I did use the 18 months deferred interest promo I received on 2022 and 2023 a ton and have been paying them off as they were about to expire. Even if I don't get that offer again, I have deferred 0% for another year. I suspect that has reduced my offers but if I don't charge much, I suspect the offers will return at some point.

I still try to do 3x tiny transactions for the $3 in SYW points for the grocery mission. I will literally charge one item and put the rest of groceries on another card.

​​
Old Jun 24, 2024, 3:26 pm

FML forgot to activate the offer
Old Jun 26, 2024, 7:56 am

My credit line with this card is pretty low ($4,500) so I asked for a $2,500 credit line increase. They sent me a document stating I need to provide the following additional information before processing my request:
Asset(s) amount - liquid assets including stocks, mutual funds, cash, money market accounts, and/or bond funds

I've never had any other credit card ask for my liquid assets. Have others had to do this/gone through with that?
Old Jun 26, 2024, 9:07 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Originally Posted by cerps343
I've never had any other credit card ask for my liquid assets. Have others had to do this/gone through with that?
Yes, and it was Citi which required it as a condition of keeping what was then called the Chairman card. At the time we had no brokerage account. I sent them a saving account statement, and everything was fine,
Old Jun 26, 2024, 10:01 pm

How are you guys using the $50 credit on a $300 spend offer?

Also, I’m a little disillusioned with the $200 credit for $2000 spend GGR offer. I spent like $2120 and got only a $100 credit. So something must not have counted and I can’t figure out what. Makes me think sticking to $100/$1000 is safer since hitting $2200/$2300 for GGR is a lot of effort and tracking.
Old Jun 27, 2024, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by fedolefan
How are you guys using the $50 credit on a $300 spend offer?

Also, I’m a little disillusioned with the $200 credit for $2000 spend GGR offer. I spent like $2120 and got only a $100 credit. So something must not have counted and I can’t figure out what. Makes me think sticking to $100/$1000 is safer since hitting $2200/$2300 for GGR is a lot of effort and tracking.
I ran into the same issue with the one month I did $2000 GGR spend and only got $100 back. So I just stick to $1000 each month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.