Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

NYC Aug 2-4: Summer In The City DO 4 / OMNI Bugger DO #49 / NYC Delicatessen DO 3.5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NYC Aug 2-4: Summer In The City DO 4 / OMNI Bugger DO #49 / NYC Delicatessen DO 3.5

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2024 | 2:22 pm
50 Countries Visited2M100 Nights10 Years on Site

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
BOA free ticket is apparently for cardholder only, those with +1 and BOA should specify if the +1 also has a BOA card.

Originally Posted by Zorak
Please put me down for the Intrepid (I must be one of the few people without a means of free access ) ….
Several of the programs listed on “EXPAND TO LEARN ABOUT MUSEUM PROGRAMS AND PARTNERS THAT OFFER COMPLIMENTARY ADMISSION” image from Intrepid Museum tickets page copied in post #110 above allow for more than 1 person. Surely one of our attendees has one of those programs. (And don’t call me Shirley .)

Old Jul 18, 2024 | 1:33 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
I cannot obtain the tickets prior to Saturday morning Aug 3rd, the Museum Group Coordinators don’t do that, concern for loss.

Planning ticket purchase for tomorrow morning. Best I can tell, we need 3 Group Rate (GR) Tickets for the Museum and 18 tickets for the Concorde.

Veterans (with ID) should plan to go to the Group Entrance on the second floor of the Welcome Center along with GR ticket people, the Museum Group Coordinator will have those tickets in addition to the GR tickets. All others with complimentary admission (BOA, Culture Pass, etc.) go through the first floor of Welcome Center.

Considering the limited Museum time we’ll have and the 10:30 AM first Concorde tour and the time needed to show credentials for complimentary admission and possible lines, I suggest we plan to meet as a group at 9:50AM on the plaza in front of the Welcome Center entrance.

I volunteered 2 days ago and attended a periodic Veterans Program (after Museum hours then catered dinner) about the Concorde. I saw again (and as you’ll all see) there are only 16 seats available and no standing room for tour visitors to the Concorde, hence the maximum # of 14 for any given tour.

It would still be helpful if 4 people could “volunteer” for the 11:00 tour, save me and/or GW McLintock from being the “bad guy”.
Originally Posted by owlwoman
… Please add me to the Concorde list and I am a "senior" thanks
As per post # 4, apparently you don’t need a Museum ticket. “Senior” (in this situation) only applies to the cost of a GR ($2 savings) ticket. Please clarify.
FriendlySkies likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2024 | 1:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Alright given how fatigued I am from work craziness, I'm going to voluntarily opt out of the Saturday morning activities and just meet you guys for lunch (preferably somewhere in Midtown-adjacent or Queens)
Old Jul 19, 2024 | 2:34 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: AA PP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Marriott Silver
Got it, I have a library pass for admission, so will owe you $11 for the Concorde, whichever time slot works is fine with me. I plan to be there promptly at 9:50 if not earlier
Old Jul 19, 2024 | 2:51 pm

Latest from the Museum. Veterans (in our group) should enter on the second floor with the paid GR folks. Please, if you’re planning to use a Veteran ID to enter the museum let us know (so the GR Museum Coordinator can have a ticket waiting for you).
Old Jul 22, 2024 | 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Unfortunately, I am going to have to drop out of this one. Hopefully if you do it again next summer I will be able to attend.
Old Jul 22, 2024 | 1:27 pm
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Countries Visited30 Nights1M15 Years on Site

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Choice Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards OBM
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
Unfortunately, I am going to have to drop out of this one. Hopefully if you do it again next summer I will be able to attend.
Sorry you can't make it!

I have also cleared the rest of the standby list for the Deli DO (paging CrankyChick and bdnyc). If we could do 16 in the past, I'm sure we could do 17 without an issue. Any more additions will however go onto the standby list.

Speaking of the Deli DO, a friendly reminder: please try, at all costs, not to bring luggage. The 2nd Ave. Deli has great food but they do not have a lot of space. I can offer luggage storage in midtown about 15 minutes away (Rockefeller Center area) or you can leave it at your hotel. If you bring luggage, I cannot promise they will accommodate you. Also don't forget that outside food or beverage is strictly prohibited. They will quite literally throw you out the door, and us locals will have a good laugh

-J.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Jul 24, 2024 at 2:58 pm
Old Jul 22, 2024 | 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
Unfortunately, I am going to have to drop out of this one. …
I don’t recall, were you on the Intrepid and/or Concorde lists?

Barring IRROPS, I’ll be flying home (JFK) from London tomorrow (Tuesday), planning to call Museum GR coordinator on Wednesday to finalize numbers and run a credit card. PLEASE post any changes ASAP. Thank you.
Majuki likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2024 | 6:05 am
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Choice Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards OBM
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
I don’t recall, were you on the Intrepid and/or Concorde lists?

Barring IRROPS, I’ll be flying home (JFK) from London tomorrow (Tuesday), planning to call Museum GR coordinator on Wednesday to finalize numbers and run a credit card. PLEASE post any changes ASAP. Thank you.
EH was not on either list

-J.
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2024 | 7:22 am

Programs: IB+ Oro / OWS
Hello @GW McLintock, would it be too late to sign up my P2 for the Intrepid (entry by cash) and Concorde? We're be on our way back to MAD from PHL via JFK and have a 3 days in NYC but on that Saturday I already got tickets for the Met so it'll just be my P2, I hope that's OK.

We're flying out Sunday Aug3 evening JFK T8 but it seems like the after party is at LGA?

Thank you!
Old Jul 23, 2024 | 7:29 am
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by csycsycsy
Hello @GW McLintock, would it be too late to sign up my P2 for the Intrepid (entry by cash) and Concorde? We're be on our way back to MAD from PHL via JFK and have a 3 days in NYC but on that Saturday I already got tickets for the Met so it'll just be my P2, I hope that's OK.

We're flying out Sunday Aug3 evening JFK T8 but it seems like the after party is at LGA?

Thank you!
That's totally fine! Your P2 is welcome to join us. I will let Dr Jabadski chime in as to whether we can add anyone to the group rate (assuming this would be museum GR + Concorde GR), but assume not unless he says otherwise (and if he does offer, please let him know ASAP -- his imminent plans are a few posts upthread).

You are correct, the after-party will be at the Chase Sapphire Lounge by the The Club at LGA. IIRC last year the after-after-party was actually at the T8 AAdmirals Club

-J.
Old Jul 23, 2024 | 8:00 am
10 Years on Site

Unfortunately, I too must drop out of this fabulous weekend.
Old Jul 23, 2024 | 7:48 pm

… Barring IRROPS, I’ll be flying home (JFK) from London tomorrow (Tuesday), ….
Flight went as scheduled, got home a short while ago. Still planning to call the Museum GR coordinator tomorrow (Wednesday) afternoon to provide final numbers and have them run the credit card charge.

Originally Posted by st1575
Unfortunately, I too must drop out of this fabulous weekend.
Best I can tell, st1575 was not on Museum GR and/or Concorde lists, anyone able to confirm that?

Originally Posted by csycsycsy
… would it be too late to sign up my P2 for the Intrepid (entry by cash) and Concorde? …
Based on prior conversations with Museum GR coordinator, I don’t expect it to be a problem, I’ll try to add 1 more of each ticket. I’ll post here again tomorrow evening.
Old Jul 24, 2024 | 8:19 am
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Best I can tell, st1575 was not on Museum GR and/or Concorde lists, anyone able to confirm that?
st1575 was not on either list. I will let you know if anyone who cancels was on the list; if I don't say anything then they were not.

Based on prior conversations with Museum GR coordinator, I don’t expect it to be a problem, I’ll try to add 1 more of each ticket. I’ll post here again tomorrow evening.
csycsycsy -- please let us know if you'd like to be on the group rate before 1pm ET.

-J.
Old Jul 24, 2024 | 9:14 am

Programs: IB+ Oro / OWS
Hi GW McLintock, Dr Jabadski,

Thank you for welcoming my P2! Yes to group rate please.
GW McLintock likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.