Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

NYC Aug 2-4: Summer In The City DO 4 / OMNI Bugger DO #49 / NYC Delicatessen DO 3.5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NYC Aug 2-4: Summer In The City DO 4 / OMNI Bugger DO #49 / NYC Delicatessen DO 3.5

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2024 | 8:54 am
10 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Herb687
Flight booked arriving LGA Friday night too late for dinner. I'm in for Saturday Intrepid & Concorde, lunch, and at least part of the LIC pub crawl. My one and only previous lunch in LIC was at Met Life's cafeteria so the bar has been set very high. Also of course still in for Sunday deli.

Anyone sticking around the city Sunday night?
Yes, I'll be in the city Sunday night so we can grab something for dinner if you like.
Old Jul 10, 2024 | 9:01 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Aeroplan 25K, UA Silver, AS MVP
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
We're less than a month away! Please double-check your status and make sure your sign-ups are accurate, with special emphasis on the Drunk DO (Friday dinner) and Deli DO (Sunday lunch).

I'm starting to finalize the QRT for Saturday. Lunch is still up-in-the-air () but for the brewery crawl, expect to walk just under 3 miles over the course of the afternoon (starting at the Vernon-Jackson (7) subway station). Here's the tentative itinerary
  • Greenpoint Beer & Ale Co., 1150 Manhattan Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11222 (optional, if we want to cross the bridge into Greenpoint)
  • Rockaway Brewing Company, 46-01 5th St, Queens, NY 11101
  • Fifth Hammer Brewing Company, 10-28 46th Ave, Long Island City, NY 11101
  • Focal Point Beer Co, 43-50 12th St, Queens, NY 11101
  • Finback LIC, 29-37 41st Ave, Queens, NY 11101
By concluding at Finback we will be right in Queensboro Plaza, close to the subway, LIC hotels, and many other bars and restaurants.

Lunch and dinner on Saturday remain, for lack of a better term, up in the air I will probably plan for a formalized lunch location, however for dinner I'm planning to let participants do what they want, given our big meal the following morning. There is a really great Halal cart in LIC right by the subway in Queens Plaza (we will actually pass it on the way to Finback); it isn't my favorite, but it is my second-favorite.

-J.
I should probably be listed as a "maybe" for the brewery crawl and light dinner. Will likely come to the first brewery, but not sure how many after that. I know, I'm a lightweight.
mnmag likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2024 | 9:03 am
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Countries Visited30 Nights1M15 Years on Site

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Choice Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards OBM
I will also be in the city on Sunday night but will probably be headed home after the LGA after-party (unless I end up in Boston or some other horrible place).

-J.
Old Jul 10, 2024 | 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
  • Fifth Hammer Brewing Company, 10-28 46th Ave, Long Island City, NY 11101
My niece tipped me off to this place. I was following them on IG. No relation.
Old Jul 10, 2024 | 2:19 pm
50 Countries Visited2M100 Nights10 Years on Site

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Regarding Intrepid Museum: Museum opens at 10:00am, some of us have complimentary admission via Veteran status or BOA Free Museum program or other methods (as below). Museum group ticket price is $25.50 adult, $23.50 Senior (~$10 less than general admission) payable 2 weeks in advance.

Concorde is $11 additional, no complimentary access, they’re holding (all) 15 (max group size) tickets for the 10:30 Concorde Tour and 6 more tickets for the 11:00 Concorde Tour, payable 2 weeks in advance. I don’t know how to allocate 10:30 vs 11:00, perhaps first-come, first-served? (I’m happy to make all payments trusting people to pay me back. Yes, could look at it as MS, could also look at it as not enough MS to be worth the hassle and possible breakage. )

(Hard to imagine for this group but if anyone honestly has “financial need”, I’ll see if I can use my Volunteer Complimentary Tickets which are for the Museum only. PM me.)

We’ve previously decided that due to our limited time at the Museum, we are not going to do a group guided tour of the Museum and instead allow people to see what they personally want to see. As a volunteer for the past year I’m happy to provide guidance.

BOA and other Complimentary Admission people will have to go through the main Ticket Office on the first floor of the Welcome Center. Everyone else will meet at Group Entrance on the second floor of the Welcome Center. We’ll meet up on the “other side” (outdoors) of the Welcome Center, before each of the main venues (Intrepid aircraft carrier, Concorde supersonic airplane, Enterprise space shuttle, Growler submarine).

We need to know accurate numbers within the next week: # and who will be paying for a Museum ticket, # and who will pay for Concorde tour. GW McLintock, can we perhaps add this additional information to either post #4 of this thread to the side of each person’s Username or post #5 of this thread as standalone information? (Sorry to create more work for you.)

dhammer53 and yunicorner like this.

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Jul 10, 2024 at 2:39 pm Reason: flight deck images added
Old Jul 10, 2024 | 2:59 pm
40 Countries Visited30 Nights2M15 Years on Site

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
We need to know accurate numbers within the next week: # and who will be paying for a Museum ticket, # and who will pay for Concorde tour.
I'll do the Concorde tour. I need to remember to bring my B of A card. I'll go put that in my wallet now.
Old Jul 10, 2024 | 5:10 pm
Original Poster
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Countries Visited30 Nights1M15 Years on Site

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Choice Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards OBM
Big thanks again to Dr Jabadski for his help with the The Intrepid. If you'd like to get in on the group rate, please say so, along with which venue(s) you plan on visiting, and bring cash. If you have your own means of access, it's not necessary...

Originally Posted by Majuki
I'll do the Concorde tour. I need to remember to bring my B of A card. I'll go put that in my wallet now.
...though I will keep track in milepost #4 so you can plan your visit accordingly. I'd say FCFS works best for the Concorde tour, as in whoever finds Dr Jabadski first that morning Please mention specifically if you're doing the Concorde group rate. I have since confirmed that Majuki will partake in the group rate.

Please let us know by EOD Wednesday, July 17th

I may actually have to drop down to "tentative" for the Saturday morning portion, but I'm still hoping to join and if anything will certainly meet-up by lunchtime.

-J.
Majuki likes this.

Last edited by GW McLintock; Jul 12, 2024 at 11:57 am
Old Jul 10, 2024 | 5:37 pm

Programs: American Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Explorist
I'll join for the group rate Concorde tour! My general admission will be through BoA
Old Jul 10, 2024 | 7:15 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: All of Them
You can put me down to join for the group rate for the Concorde tour as well! My general admission can be through BoA as well!
Old Jul 10, 2024 | 7:52 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: AA Plat
I got my work schedule and I can only do the Friday Night dinner Please take me off the other events. Looking forward to seeing everyone!!! I will be in the city earlier so let me know if anyone wants to pregame!

Last edited by sexykitten7; Jul 10, 2024 at 8:44 pm
Old Jul 10, 2024 | 8:51 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: United 1K
Me and P2 Want to do the group rate for the Concorde. We will use the BofA promo for the admission. I hope GW appears since we are not able to stay for more activities on Saturday.

So in summary we are:
Drunk DO Friday - YES for 2
Intreped and Concord- YES for 2 (possiibly 4?)
QRT- NO
Deli Do Sunday- YES for 4

I am happy to send money if requested
Majuki likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2024 | 1:08 am

Please include me in the group rate for the Concorde. I have a BofA card for general admission. Thanks!
Majuki likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2024 | 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
15 Years on Site

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Regarding Intrepid Museum: Museum opens at 10:00am, some of us have complimentary admission via Veteran status or BOA Free Museum program or other methods (as below). Museum group ticket price is $25.50 adult, $23.50 Senior (~$10 less than general admission) payable 2 weeks in advance.

Concorde is $11 additional, no complimentary access, they’re holding (all) 15 (max group size) tickets for the 10:30 Concorde Tour and 6 more tickets for the 11:00 Concorde Tour, payable 2 weeks in advance. I don’t know how to allocate 10:30 vs 11:00, perhaps first-come, first-served? (I’m happy to make all payments trusting people to pay me back. Yes, could look at it as MS, could also look at it as not enough MS to be worth the hassle and possible breakage. )

(Hard to imagine for this group but if anyone honestly has “financial need”, I’ll see if I can use my Volunteer Complimentary Tickets which are for the Museum only. PM me.)

We’ve previously decided that due to our limited time at the Museum, we are not going to do a group guided tour of the Museum and instead allow people to see what they personally want to see. As a volunteer for the past year I’m happy to provide guidance.

BOA and other Complimentary Admission people will have to go through the main Ticket Office on the first floor of the Welcome Center. Everyone else will meet at Group Entrance on the second floor of the Welcome Center. We’ll meet up on the “other side” (outdoors) of the Welcome Center, before each of the main venues (Intrepid aircraft carrier, Concorde supersonic airplane, Enterprise space shuttle, Growler submarine).

We need to know accurate numbers within the next week: # and who will be paying for a Museum ticket, # and who will pay for Concorde tour. GW McLintock, can we perhaps add this additional information to either post #4 of this thread to the side of each person’s Username or post #5 of this thread as standalone information? (Sorry to create more work for you.)

Please include me in the group rate for the Concorde! I will have general admission covered via owlwoman !

Last edited by mnmag; Jul 11, 2024 at 7:08 am Reason: tag FTer!
Old Jul 11, 2024 | 7:33 am

Programs: NW Plat, Hilton, Avis
group rate Intrepid / Concorde

If you'd like to get in on the group rate, please say so
-J.
Please add me for the group rate for Intrepid with Concorde. Thanks. BD
Old Jul 11, 2024 | 7:46 am

Programs: AA PPro, QF Gold, DL Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum
Please add me for the Concorde in the group rate. I have my BOA credit card sitting on my desk and will use that for general admission. Thank you for organizing! I am happy to give you cash on the day for the Concorde, I have to go to the bank anyway and get cash for my cat sitter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.