Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

LA Los Angeles breakfast - Fri Oct 11 - Lodge Bread (Culver City location)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2024 | 9:34 am
Original Poster
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond

I have it on good authority that the shakshuka is delicious at Lodge Bread, so I'm going for breakfast on Friday morning Oct 11 at 8am when they open.

All are welcome to join, hope to see some FTers

Time: 8am

Venue:
Lodge Bread
11918 Washington Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90066

Interested List:
jrl767
Jailer +1
737maxspotter

Last edited by Sweet Willie; Oct 6, 2024 at 7:54 pm Reason: update info/Interested list
Old Jul 5, 2024 | 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited2M10 Years on Site

Location: SEA — the REAL Washington; occasionally (but a lot less often than before) in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K (closing in on 0.5MM)
I’ve been waiting for an excuse to return to a standing Wed evening happy hour with some of my former USAF colleagues in the South Bay area, so this has definite potential
Sweet Willie likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2024 | 3:32 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
30 Countries Visited40 Nights2M10 Years on Site

Programs: oneword Emerald
Unfortunately, I am working that Friday and, because I'll have to leave early for Erev Yom Kippur, will not to be able to be late that morning.

Make sure to tell them that you want the yolks to be runny and not to leave the shakshuka in oven too long.

This photo was taken at their Woodland Hills location (Culver City has a larger menu).

Old Jul 7, 2024 | 8:39 am
Original Poster
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by TWA884
Make sure to tell them that you want the yolks to be runny and not to leave the shakshuka in oven too long.
thanks for the tip
Old Jul 7, 2024 | 10:23 am
Moderator: Hyatt, American Express; FlyerTalk Evangelist
5 Years on Site

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, AA EXP, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Mlife Noir (=> Marriott Amb), invol FT beta tester
I might be able to make this work, have metaphorically pencilled it in on my calendar
Sweet Willie likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2024 | 11:26 am
Original Poster
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Zorak
I might be able to make this work, have metaphorically pencilled it in on my calendar
I'll have a car, so if you need to get from an airport hotel or back to LAX after, I can pick you up/drop you off. (of course any others that need Willie's car service, just let me know)
saltytheseagull likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2024 | 10:55 am
10 Countries Visited50 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Interested and interesting: I have October 11th metaphorically circled in red on my calendar as “retirement date” and leaving the next day for three weeks in Portugal and then France where, after the Dordogne, I head southeast to begin my new career as a migrant farm worker picking olives at a buddy’s hobby farm…if you call 3,000 trees a hobby. The pay sucks, but the fringe benefits appear excellent.

All said, if I’m organized enough to be there for breakfast, there I will be.
Sweet Willie likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2024 | 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited2M10 Years on Site

Location: SEA — the REAL Washington; occasionally (but a lot less often than before) in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K (closing in on 0.5MM)
Originally Posted by Jailer
… migrant farm worker picking olives at a buddy’s hobby farm…if you call 3,000 trees a hobby. The pay sucks, but the fringe benefits appear excellent.
speaking of “interesting”

Last edited by jrl767; Jul 10, 2024 at 6:16 pm
Old Jul 13, 2024 | 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
30 Countries Visited1M40 Nights10 Years on Site

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Fares are pretty decent, so I am definitely interested! I will confirm as we get closer.
Sweet Willie likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2024 | 4:44 pm
Original Poster
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Fares are pretty decent, so I am definitely interested! I will confirm as we get closer.
See post #6, ride service available
Old Jul 16, 2024 | 12:02 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
Hmm if my job hunt is still going nowhere by then & I am willing to make the trek from OC I'm down.
Sweet Willie likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2024 | 9:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
30 Countries Visited2M20 Years on Site

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Interested and interesting: I have October 11th metaphorically circled in red on my calendar as “retirement date” and leaving the next day for three weeks in Portugal and then France where, after the Dordogne, I head southeast to begin my new career as a migrant farm worker picking olives at a buddy’s hobby farm…if you call 3,000 trees a hobby. The pay sucks, but the fringe benefits appear excellent.
What about the Dodgers?
Old Sep 3, 2024 | 11:42 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
What about the Dodgers?
If you mean what will I do if the Dodger's offer me a contract to join the team for the WS run up: there's always flight credit...assuming that it's not an offer to be a batboy.

If you mean what will I do to watch the Dodgers play in the World Series: have technology, will travel.
Old Sep 3, 2024 | 11:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
30 Countries Visited2M20 Years on Site

Programs: AA: 2 MM
If you mean what will I do if the Dodger's offer me a contract to join the team for the WS run up: there's always flight credit...assuming that it's not an offer to be a batboy.

If you mean what will I do to watch the Dodgers play in the World Series: have technology, will travel.
That's true, but it's not quite the same as being "there" (even if you're not actually at the games). Of course, it's pretty hard to top Portugal and France.

OTOH, as a lifelong Cubs fan and White Sox hater, when the latter were in the playoffs in 2005, I was in Spain. I heard and saw nothing. Still not sure what eventually happened that year. Maybe it was all that Cava sangria in Barcelona.
Old Oct 1, 2024 | 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by 737maxspotter
Hmm if my job hunt is still going nowhere by then & I am willing to make the trek from OC I'm down.
What is this “job” thingie of which you speak? It’s a technical term that does not resonate with me.

If the ship is still sailing, I am upgrading my reservation from aspirational to confirmed. And I am plus 1, despite the fact that an 0800 breakfast sounds a bit corporate to me and why You People cannot embrace a more civilized time, say 1045 hrs, is a wonderment to me.

Sweet Willie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.