Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Countries open to vaccinated travelers and entry requirements

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 17, 2021, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kthomas
France - From June 9th, Green, Orange, Red system. Travelers arriving from green countries must be vaccinated, orange must be vaccinated and tested, red may enter only for compelling reasons.

Georgia - Citizens of all countries, traveling by air from any country may enter Georgia if they present the document confirming the full course (two doses) of any COVID-19 vaccination at the border checkpoints of Georgia. more info

Greece - Fully vaccinated individuals who are residents of the U.S., EU, and certain other countries may enter Greece without a PCR test if they present a vaccination certificate. The vaccination certificate must be in English, issued by a public authority, and demonstrate that vaccination was completed at least 14 days before arrival to Greece. However, PCR tests may still be required for transit points. more info

Iceland - The Minister of Justice of Iceland has decided that the previously announced decision to exempt from travel restrictions those who can provide proof of vaccination or prior infection will take effect on 6 April. The change in regulation will allow travellers from non-Schengen countries, who meet the criteria, to travel to Iceland for non-essential reasons. more info

TPG-maintained list of countries accepting vaccination certificate

Print Wikipost

Countries open to vaccinated travelers and entry requirements

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2021, 11:47 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by nomiiiii
So USA-Frankfurt-Greece on Lufthansa (same ticket, few hours in Frankfurt) would require a test just to transit, since Greece will accept vaccinated americans without a test? I thought I had read reports of US people going to greece on Lufthansa with only a cdc card, but maybe I was wrong. Can someone please confirm?

I checked Timatic (on https://www.united.com/en/us/timatic/ and it seems to contradict what you say about transit - seems that transit is allowed without a test for vaxxed US folks, but i would like to know why you thought otherwise in case my timatic link is giving wrong info)
My post was weeks ago, 1 year in COVID times. Rules have again changes. There are a lot of threads about "transit in Germany", you can search for them.
GUWonder and supine like this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 7:04 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Phuket Sandbox and its rules

These of you considering to visit Phuket Sandbox, take a note:

A foreign tourist, fully vaccinated and tested negative before departure tested positive for COVID-19 last night and has been admitted to hospital for treatment, prompting a two-week quarantine of 13 other passengers travelling on the same flight....
https://www.thaipbsworld.com/first-t...-for-covid-19/
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:46 am

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
Originally Posted by MightyTravels
Are the Russian consulates issuing visas again? US citizens are not eligible for the eVisa sadly.

Yes, visa issuance has resumed for US citizens.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 4:32 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS
0In case you'd like the visit Saudi Arabia (for whatever reason), the kingdom's tourism ministry just announced the resumption of entry for those who have tourist visas beginning on Aug. 1. And it said vaccinated travelers are exempt from quarantine if they show proof (in addition to a PCR test within 72 hours). Travelers have to register on the Muqeem site (choose English on the left) to input their vaccine data and download the Tawakkalna app, where a traveler's vaccination status is shown and can be used to enter public places since in a few days most of them will only allow vaccinated patrons. This app is also necessary to enter the airport when leaving Saudi. The only vaccines allowed are Pfizer, Oxford-AZ, Moderna and Johnson&Johnson. Applying for tourist visas through visa.visitsaudi.com should also be allowed again.

Source in English.
ExpatExp likes this.

Last edited by Nayef; Jul 30, 2021 at 11:59 am Reason: added link to Saudi tourism COVID-19 regulations page
Old Jul 29, 2021, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by invisible
These of you considering to visit Phuket Sandbox, take a note:
It's time like these, despite the moronic testing and border closures that I'm very happy to be an American.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Does anyone understand the specifics of the rules for entering Serbia right now? While they are spelled out in great detail, they also raise a question for me. Since I will be traveling US -> Germany -> Serbia I noted this requirement fr foreigners:

Negative RT-PCR test for the presence of SARS-CoV-2 virus or a negative Antigen FIA Rapid test, if the person comes from the United States of America, not older than 48 hours from the date of issue of the results
The antigen test required is referred to as an "Antigen FIA Rapid test". I'm not sure whether the "FIA" part is a generic term for antigen tests or a specific process. After a bunch of searching, I've not been able to find anything out about that. An antigen test is far easier to get than a PCR test, so I'd rather do that. I'm trying to determine whether the Abbott BinaxNow test would meet this specific requirement. Without the "FIA" in there I'm sure it would be fine. Does anyone know?

Last edited by Xyzzy; Sep 4, 2021 at 9:45 am Reason: Remove spoiler that was accidentally added
Old Sep 5, 2021, 6:55 pm
Suspended

Location: United States (mostly), New Zealand (sometimes), Sweden (now and then)
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
It's time like these, despite the moronic testing and border closures that I'm very happy to be an American.
The pre-departure testing requirements are the same for the US and Phuket, so not quite sure what your point is.
gudugan likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by DrinkSlinger
The pre-departure testing requirements are the same for the US and Phuket, so not quite sure what your point is.
The point was that you are not required to do test after arrival, when your pre-departure test was negative and in case if you test positive once inside the country, you are not locked into hospital for 14 days at your own expense when you have no symptoms.
tai4de2 likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 10:20 pm
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
That wiki seems old now.

Singapore hit 80% fully vaccinated and 15% of the remaining population is under 12 so they can't be vaccinated yet?

So are they opening or just forming a bubble with Oceania?
Old Sep 5, 2021, 11:18 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by exp
That wiki seems old now.

Singapore hit 80% fully vaccinated and 15% of the remaining population is under 12 so they can't be vaccinated yet?

Singapore is pretty much open to many countries , with quarantine on arrival . Some countries exempted .
Booster shots being offered to all residents in some categories soon like seniors
Old Sep 6, 2021, 1:16 am

Programs: United-1K+2MM, Bonvoy-LifetimeGold,IHG-Diamond-Ambassador
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Singapore is pretty much open to many countries , with quarantine on arrival . Some countries exempted .
Booster shots being offered to all residents in some “ categories “ soon like seniors
Recently Singapore opened for vaccinated Germans. But there is a test necessary before depature, on arrival, on day 3 and on day 7.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 5:53 am

Programs: KL Gold, SQ KF Gold, CX Green
Originally Posted by zappa42m
Recently Singapore opened for vaccinated Germans. But there is a test necessary before depature, on arrival, on day 3 and on day 7.
And you need to wear a mask all the time, outside and inside in public places. 😱
Old Sep 6, 2021, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by exp
Opening, Singapore version - just came today:

--
SINGAPORE: All individuals should limit themselves to one social gathering a day, while social gatherings and interactions at workplaces will not be allowed from Sep 8, said the Ministry of Health (MOH) on Monday (Sep 6).
--
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sing...s-stop-2159361

Singapore facing increasing likelihood of 'exponential rise' in COVID-19 cases, quick action needed: MOH

The Government will also send out Health Risk Warnings and Health Risk Alerts to people when a cluster of cases is identified, on top of quarantining close contacts.

This will cast a wide net around the cases and contain the clusters quickly, MOH said, adding that with more cases in the community, more people will also be issued these warnings and alerts.

These are not quarantine alerts, but those who receive a Health Risk Warning will be required by law to get a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test and self-isolate until they receive a negative result from their first test, the ministry said.

After that, they will need to continue to take antigen rapid tests, and then another PCR test on the 14th day, said MOH.

People who receive a Health Risk Alert are not subject to the same measures, but are strongly encouraged to go for a PCR test as soon as possible. Those who receive either alerts should also reduce their social interactions for 14 days.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sing...ng-moh-2159366

And this:

Robots to patrol Toa Payoh Central for 3 weeks to detect 'undesirable social behaviour'
Includes smoking in prohibited areas and congregations of more than five people.

https://mothership.sg/2021/09/xavier...rol-toa-payoh/
Old Sep 6, 2021, 4:49 pm

I have an IAD>IST>FCO flight next month and Turkey is on Italy's travel ban list. The wording says "transited or stayed..." so I am assuming even though it is a 1 hour layover and I would not be leaving the air side terminal that I would still be restricted from entering Italy. Can anyone confirm, or have had experience with this? Thanks.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by RelaxPreppy
I have an IAD>IST>FCO flight next month and Turkey is on Italy's travel ban list. The wording says "transited or stayed..." so I am assuming even though it is a 1 hour layover and I would not be leaving the air side terminal that I would still be restricted from entering Italy. Can anyone confirm, or have had experience with this? Thanks.
I arrived in Italy a few days ago from another European country, transiting through a third. This was after the new 1 September regulations. There were no checks on arriving in Italy, not even of the green pass, but (unless you are exempt for other reasons) you will almost certainly not be allowed to board. Turkey is not on the list of exemptions list in IATA and the airline has to check that when you check-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.