Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Countries open to vaccinated travelers and entry requirements

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 17, 2021, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kthomas
France - From June 9th, Green, Orange, Red system. Travelers arriving from green countries must be vaccinated, orange must be vaccinated and tested, red may enter only for compelling reasons.

Georgia - Citizens of all countries, traveling by air from any country may enter Georgia if they present the document confirming the full course (two doses) of any COVID-19 vaccination at the border checkpoints of Georgia. more info

Greece - Fully vaccinated individuals who are residents of the U.S., EU, and certain other countries may enter Greece without a PCR test if they present a vaccination certificate. The vaccination certificate must be in English, issued by a public authority, and demonstrate that vaccination was completed at least 14 days before arrival to Greece. However, PCR tests may still be required for transit points. more info

Iceland - The Minister of Justice of Iceland has decided that the previously announced decision to exempt from travel restrictions those who can provide proof of vaccination or prior infection will take effect on 6 April. The change in regulation will allow travellers from non-Schengen countries, who meet the criteria, to travel to Iceland for non-essential reasons. more info

TPG-maintained list of countries accepting vaccination certificate

Print Wikipost

Countries open to vaccinated travelers and entry requirements

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2021, 4:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by enviroian
Flew to CDG today via MIA. Might have well been 2018. Looked at passport, stamped and gone. No inquiry about cdc card, declaration statement.

in a related side note of madness back at DFW and MIA AA never even asked to see my VeriFLY NOR my passport before boarding.

Lol!
Many/most countries seem to be relying on the airline that carries you there to perform the checks. Not to ask for your passport before boarding an outbound international flight from the US seems unusual, but I wonder if the Verifly info is passed electronically to AA before flight?
Old Nov 26, 2021, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by StingWest
Not to ask for your passport before boarding an outbound international flight from the US seems unusual,
i even asked the gate agent at DFW if he'd like to see my verifly app and passport. Nope. He said they'll check that in MIA. Nope. LOL
Old Nov 26, 2021, 7:17 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
With more and more countries getting around to approving vaccinations for the 5-11 year old children too, it seems like the rules that treated most cross-border-traveling children differently than adults — when it comes to Covid-19-related travel requirements — may get adjusted with growing approval of a vaccine for younger children too.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 10:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I'm headed to Tuscany in a few weeks, and want to be sure I have all of my ducks in a row. Will a LumiraDx SARS-CoV-2 Antigen (Ag) Test suffice for my entry into Italy as a US citizen, fully vaccinated? Do I need to get a PCR test instead? What I've read says antigen tests are acceptable?
Old Nov 28, 2021, 11:50 am

New entry requirements for Spain from 1st December only fully vaccinated can enter, children under 12 exempt, so problems for families with teenagers I think as Spain require 2 doses.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements
Old Nov 30, 2021, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by exp
That wiki seems old now.
a?
Concur. We should close this thread and start a new one. Things are changing rapidly and I expect more border closures even to vax travelers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.