Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Red Eye F Seats LAX-ATL?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2010, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Location: In the process of moving from Dubai back to Tokyo because I didn't like it there. Working in Melaka, Malaysia now.
Programs: No longer loyal to any airline.
Question Red Eye F Seats LAX-ATL?

How is the F cabin on these flights? The price is very reasonable........about $530 each way.

I noticed on delta.com that sometimes it says First and sometimes Business on the flight choices. What is the difference?? The prices are the same.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 8:25 am

Programs: AA ExecP
Originally Posted by InTokyo
How is the F cabin on these flights? The price is very reasonable........about $530 each way.

I noticed on delta.com that sometimes it says First and sometimes Business on the flight choices. What is the difference?? The prices are the same.
All standard domestic F, really. I prefer the 757 because of AVOD and the private cabin up front.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Location: In the process of moving from Dubai back to Tokyo because I didn't like it there. Working in Melaka, Malaysia now.
I see.

So, no chance of flatbed?
Old Mar 24, 2010, 8:39 am

Programs: AA EP, HH LT Diamond
Not to hijack but people keep referring to the AVOD on 757s yet I fly these aircraft all the time DCA-ATL and ATL-DCA and there is never AVOD. Do they use an older aircraft on this route? Doesn't really matter as it's only a 1.5 hour flight, I'm just curious. Thanks!
Old Mar 24, 2010, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
I see.

So, no chance of flatbed?
Slim chance if there is a last minute equipment swap. But do not expect it. I'd avoid the 767-300s (seats are just too narrow) and go with 757s
Old Mar 24, 2010, 8:54 am

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
Originally Posted by pdac1975
Not to hijack but people keep referring to the AVOD on 757s yet I fly these aircraft all the time DCA-ATL and ATL-DCA and there is never AVOD. Do they use an older aircraft on this route? Doesn't really matter as it's only a 1.5 hour flight, I'm just curious. Thanks!
The AVOD-equipped aircraft are primarily for transcontinental flights, but they can be subbed in on pretty much any 757 route. Just look for 7 rows in F when looking at the seat map.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First

Honestly for a 4 hour flight and for what you get $1100 bucks is not a good price at all. No meal, no TV, no lie-flat seat...JMO but I fly this route all the time in the front for $300 and I would never pay $1000.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by avidflyer
Honestly for a 4 hour flight and for what you get $1100 bucks is not a good price at all. No meal, no TV, no lie-flat seat...JMO but I fly this route all the time in the front for $300 and I would never pay $1000.
Agreed.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 9:10 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
To be honest, I find the 763 BE seats to be more comfortable than the 752 BE seats. The 752 ones always hurt my back and shoulders, while the 763 is quite comfortable. Then again, I'm not so much worried about width, and more worried about length.

Does the 777 still run this route?
Old Mar 24, 2010, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by avidflyer
JMO but I fly this route all the time in the front for $300 and I would never pay $1000.
One of the hardest, if not the hardest, upgrades in the Delta system.

Originally Posted by GBadger
Does the 777 still run this route?
Yes, but not the redeye.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Angry

NO MEAL??!!

Do they at least have snacks or sandwiches??

Geeze, maybe $1100 is too much.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

NO MEAL??!!

Do they at least have snacks or sandwiches??

Geeze, maybe $1100 is too much.
Delta used to have a "Snack" service on the redeyes which consisted of a salad, sandwich/wrap, and desert. But that has been taken away. For the redeyes, there is now only "Refreshements". Unlimited chances of grabbing from the snack basket: SunChips, Twix, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Biscoffs, Bananas, Apples, Peanuts, Pretzels.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Delta used to have a "Snack" service on the redeyes which consisted of a salad, sandwich/wrap, and desert. But that has been taken away. For the redeyes, there is now only "Refreshements". Unlimited chances of grabbing from the snack basket: SunChips, Twix, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Biscoffs, Bananas, Apples, Peanuts, Pretzels.
I still regularly get the option of a chicken wrap on my SEA-JFK redeye.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by AndyTLe

Yup..The "Snack service" is still done on the LAX-JFK redeye (or was last Month when I flew it) but not on LAX-ATL...just a snack basket.

FWIW, I saw the comment that this is the hardest upgrade in the system but I got to tell ya, I have done that flight 6 times this year 3 of which before I was a Diamond, and I got the UG at 6 days on every flight. I must be incredibly lucky or flagged in the system as a HVC cause I have gone to the battlefield on several flights but never LAX-ATL.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy

Thanks Everyone!

I guess I'll be riding in back for $300.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.