Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club or Amex Platinum

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2010, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Sky Club, United Club, Admirals Club, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Sky Club or Amex Platinum

Ok I have really searched and searched but couldn't find any direct comparison of benefits so I started this thread.

I am wondering is there any advantage at all to paying for the Sky Club membership if I already have Amex Platinum.

I was searching the site

https://www.delta.com/traveling_chec...ions/index.jsp

and it appears from that pull down box that being a Business Elite or Premium Cabin (not sure what that is) gives you more club access worldwide than even joining the club (due I guess to sky team cooperation).

Now they have started to admit some BE passengers like on longer flights such as SFO-JFK just for having a BE ticket. Will they start to turn these clubs into something more like BE lounges (since they do not really have 1st class anymore) as time goes on?

So I am wondering is there any advantage at all to joining? I thought I read that if the club was full they might reject Amex holders, and if true then I suppose that is one advantage to paying for the membership but seems like a very remote possibility given the trend. Plus the Amex Plat gets you into other airline clubs as well.

I do enjoy using the club. I have traveled more in the last several months than I did in the last 2 years combined and find the Sky Club to be a very nice spot to just take a breather and calm down given all the hustle and bustle in airports. And a few times when weather fouled everything up the Sky Club has been a big help - No waiting behind 1000 other people just go to the Sky Club and get help practically immediately.

Thanks for your replies.

Last edited by monkeshine; Apr 8, 2010 at 5:01 pm Reason: minor edit
Old Apr 8, 2010, 5:07 pm

Programs: ua 1k, hh diamond, spg PLT, marriott PLT
Originally Posted by monkeshine
Ok I have really searched and searched but couldn't find any direct comparison of benefits so I started this thread.

I am wondering is there any advantage at all to paying for the Sky Club membership if I already have Amex Platinum.

I was searching the site

https://www.delta.com/traveling_chec...ions/index.jsp

and it appears from that pull down box that being a Business Elite or Premium Cabin (not sure what that is) gives you more club access worldwide than even joining the club (due I guess to sky team cooperation).

Now they have started to admit some BE passengers like on longer flights such as SFO-JFK just for having a BE ticket. Will they start to turn these clubs into something more like BE lounges (since they do not really have 1st class anymore) as time goes on?

So I am wondering is there any advantage at all to joining? I thought I read that if the club was full they might reject Amex holders, and if true then I suppose that is one advantage to paying for the membership but seems like a very remote possibility given the trend. Plus the Amex Plat gets you into other airline clubs as well.

I do enjoy using the club. I have traveled more in the last several months than I did in the last 2 years combined and find the Sky Club to be a very nice spot to just take a breather and calm down given all the hustle and bustle in airports. And a few times when weather fouled everything up the Sky Club has been a big help - No waiting behind 1000 other people just go to the Sky Club and get help practically immediately.

Thanks for your replies.
Amex Plat for like 10000000 different reasons. Great card,
Old Apr 8, 2010, 5:18 pm

Programs: Delta PM 2.5MM
Get the card. For the same money as a Delta SC membership, you can access the lounges from American, and Continental in addition to Delta SC.

the only restriction is that you must be a ticketed passenger on the airline in order to access the club (ie. Cnat be ticketed on Delta and access the AA lounge).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.