Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Reserve AmEx Additional Cards

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2012, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Starwood Gold
Delta Reserve AmEx Additional Cards

Question for the AmEx reserve card holders out there.
What is the benefit for paying the $175 and getting an additional AmEx Delta Reserve card for my other employees over paying nothing and getting AmEx Delta Platinum cards for my other employees on my account.

Is it just access to the AmEx Concierge and SkyClubs?
Old Jan 9, 2012, 1:00 pm

Programs: Delta gm Spg gold hilton gold hyatt platinum hertz presidents avis presidential
Yes, thats the only benefit. even if they only have the delta plat their spending still goes towards your $60000 threshold
Old Jan 9, 2012, 1:03 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
In my experience, that's basically it. I got an additional card for my wife, realized that she did not accrue spending toward MQM miles and really only got the benefit of SC access. Ended up cancelling the card (interestingly, got it before she took one of her few flights of the year and they prorated the annual fee back over the time that she had it, which may have actually made it cheaper than a SC day pass or 2). Now she has her own AmEx gold and it meets her needs just fine. She still gets priority boarding, free bags, etc. with not nearly the annual fee and she buys a SC day pass when she's travelling alone and can't piggy back on mine.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Starwood Gold
What about tie-breaker privs? Would be nice if they got that too.
Just seems pricey for SkyClub access.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 1:10 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Mega Boris
What about tie-breaker privs? Would be nice if they got that too.
Just seems pricey for SkyClub access.
I think it is just the Sky Club access. I've noticed that my wife's account (who has the additional platinum) does not show as 'Platinum Cardholder.' She doesn't get the free checked bag or priority boarding either. This makes me think they wouldn't get the tie breaker for Reserve cards either.

As far as AMEX only services, I would think all additional cardholders would have the same level as you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.