Old Feb 7, 2015, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Renes Points
On 6FEB15 Delta removed award charts on Delta.com. Below are links to the published charts from 2015 hosted by blogs at boardingarea.com and upgrd.com.

Generic US, Alaska & Canada charts from 2015: Coach class Business class

TRAVEL FROM THE U.S. & CANADA (EXCLUDES HAWAII): Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM HAWAII: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM MEXICO: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM THE CARIBBEAN: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM CENTRAL AMERICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM NORTHERN SOUTH AMERICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM SOUTHERN SOUTH AMERICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM EUROPE: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM THE MIDDLE EAST: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM AFRICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM SOUTH AFRICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM THE SOUTH ASIAN SUBCONTINENT: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM NORTHERN ASIA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM SOUTHEAST ASIA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM THE SOUTHWEST PACIFIC: Coach Class and Business Class

For fare codes 1-5 see this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1648303-new-dl-award-buckets.html
Print Wikipost

Where is Delta’s award chart?

Old Mar 6, 2015 | 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited2M10 Years on Site

Location: SEA — the REAL Washington; occasionally (but a lot less often than before) in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K (closing in on 0.5MM)
PWM on G/A/P fares is looking a lot more attractive
Old Mar 6, 2015 | 2:06 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
The new award cost generation tool:

Random Number Generator

One limitation for Revenue Management's potential application... it will not return a number greater than 1,000,000,000.

Just like SkyHigh airlines:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZT9IvH5mC8

In ways more than one it sure seems like DL is trying to copy SkyHigh airlines (AS parody of an airline, thus falling right into the trap).

http://www.skyhighairlines.com/letter.asp

I’m here as part of our new corporate initiative “Putting Customers Third,”
If that is not DL now (and putting customers third is a very generous statement still), I don't know what is.
Old Mar 6, 2015 | 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by RealHJ
Just like SkyHigh airlines:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZT9IvH5mC8

In ways more than one it sure seems like DL is trying to copy SkyHigh airlines (AS parody of an airline, thus falling right into the trap).

http://www.skyhighairlines.com/letter.asp

If that is not DL now (and putting customers third is a very generous statement still), I don't know what is.
ROFL... thank you so much.

How appropriate. ^
Old Mar 6, 2015 | 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
Uh, no. Saver seats, standard seats and upgrades are offered as a product under capacity control. The amount of the product is at the discretion of the airline.
I believe that you are continuing a trend of missing the point, but let me ask....

If DL only made one flight per day available (one, total, throughout the whole system), would it still be appropriate to advertise that seats are available for as little as 12,500 miles?

Simple question... Yes/No
Old Mar 6, 2015 | 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I believe that you are continuing a trend of missing the point, but let me ask....

If DL only made one flight per day available (one, total, throughout the whole system), would it still be appropriate to advertise that seats are available for as little as 12,500 miles?

Appropriate/ethical? Probably not.

Technically accurate? Yes.
Old Mar 6, 2015 | 11:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by gooselee
Quote:

DL's favorite distinction.
Old Mar 7, 2015 | 4:39 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer

Originally Posted by HongKonger
DL's favorite distinction.
DL would much rather be profitable than ethical, and if dodgy parsing of the English language gets the desired results, then bless your heart, y'all can go screw yourselves.

It must be that Delta DNA that Saint Dick rhapsodizes about.
Old Mar 7, 2015 | 7:49 am
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

If calculated in % the probability of scoring a saver award is 0%.
Old Mar 7, 2015 | 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by erik123
If calculated in % the probability of scoring a saver award is 0%.
How so? If even just one Tier 1 award exists, you have an incredibly small %, but it's still non-zero.

Besides, while I'm not a DL defender by any means, I have been able to somewhat easily find and book Tier 1 award tickets so far this year. Last week I booked domestic coach tickets at 25k RT for Mrs. Lee and I to go to a friend's birthday party, and last night I even found a TATL in J for 125k RT for someone in a different thread.

Note that I still think it's complete BS that the charts were removed, and am with others in waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Old Mar 8, 2015 | 11:20 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
I worry that I am out of touch, but when I price itineraries I am getting US domestic coach itineraries at 62,500 miles. When pricing it as one ways, I see 25,000 one way and 37,500 the other. Simple nonstops.

So does this mean that the brand new 60,000 mile ultra-highest tier coach award is now a thing of the past? If I understand correctly, it only went into effect on January 1 of this year?

I thought the idea was that from now on, we wouldn't look at the chart when buying, but that the itineraries would still be priced according to the chart. I understand Delta might have been impatient with people figuring out complex itineraries, but domestic coach nonstops in each direction aren't complex.

Last edited by Justin026; Mar 8, 2015 at 11:26 am
Old Mar 8, 2015 | 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Justin026
I worry that I am out of touch, but when I price itineraries I am getting US domestic coach itineraries at 62,500 miles. When pricing it as one ways, I see 25,000 one way and 37,500 the other. Simple nonstops.

So does this mean that the brand new 60,000 mile ultra-highest tier coach award is now a thing of the past? If I understand correctly, it only went into effect on January 1 of this year?

I thought the idea was that from now on, we wouldn't look at the chart when buying, but that the itineraries would still be priced according to the chart. I understand Delta might have been impatient with people figuring out complex itineraries, but domestic coach nonstops in each direction aren't complex.
The Tier 5 coach award on the 2015 charts is actually 65k.

I wonder if you're getting hit with that 5k elite booking fee...25k makes sense for a Tier 4 one-way, but even a tier 5 one-way should be only 32.5k.
Old Mar 9, 2015 | 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, AS 100K, SPG LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I know Glen H. is the master at capturing and quantifying revenue, but wonder if he can have one of his data analysts try to measure the damage he has done to the Delta brand with even just the removal of the award chart?
Old Mar 9, 2015 | 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
Uh, no. Saver seats, standard seats and upgrades are offered as a product under capacity control. The amount of the product is at the discretion of the airline.
If the airlines were subject to state laws, "as low as" (and similar wording) would require a certain percentage available. (IIRC, NYC law says a sale offering "up to 50% off" requires at least 30% of the merchandise to be at 50% off or better.)
Old Mar 10, 2015 | 5:38 am

Programs: Delta DM; *A FO. UG since(1/1/15): 11/14
How so? If even just one Tier 1 award exists, you have an incredibly small %, but it's still non-zero.
It may exist on the calendar, but when you try to book it it magically disappears... "we're sorry, the fare you selected was just sold out" or something along those lines. To then reappear when you do a new search...

This is not just Delta by the way: especially the KLM booking engine for awards is littered with those 'magical' fares.
Old Mar 16, 2015 | 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ben and Jerry
It may exist on the calendar, but when you try to book it it magically disappears... "we're sorry, the fare you selected was just sold out" or something along those lines. To then reappear when you do a new search...

This is not just Delta by the way: especially the KLM booking engine for awards is littered with those 'magical' fares.
That must be the explanation for the three Tier 1 award bookings in my DL account right now, all made after 01 JAN 2015, two of them booked completely on DL.com.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.