Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2015, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Renes Points
On 6FEB15 Delta removed award charts on Delta.com. Below are links to the published charts from 2015 hosted by blogs at boardingarea.com and upgrd.com.

Generic US, Alaska & Canada charts from 2015: Coach class Business class

TRAVEL FROM THE U.S. & CANADA (EXCLUDES HAWAII): Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM HAWAII: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM MEXICO: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM THE CARIBBEAN: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM CENTRAL AMERICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM NORTHERN SOUTH AMERICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM SOUTHERN SOUTH AMERICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM EUROPE: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM THE MIDDLE EAST: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM AFRICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM SOUTH AFRICA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM THE SOUTH ASIAN SUBCONTINENT: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM NORTHERN ASIA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM SOUTHEAST ASIA: Coach Class and Business Class
TRAVEL FROM THE SOUTHWEST PACIFIC: Coach Class and Business Class

For fare codes 1-5 see this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1648303-new-dl-award-buckets.html
Print Wikipost

Where is Delta’s award chart?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:02 pm
Suspended

Location: No longer spreadin' into your seat... down 187 pounds and at goal!
Programs: Delta360; DL Private Jets; Former KFC Golden Bucket
Why is a Delta rolling out changes to SkyMiles like it's software?

SkyMiles 4.0.0
SkyMiles 4.0.1
SkyMiles 5.0.0
SkyMiles 5.0.1
SkyMiles 5.1.0
SkyMiles 5.1.1

Just change the damn thing with a big bang and get it over with!
Old Feb 7, 2015, 10:47 pm

Programs: Delta, United
Originally Posted by fattieonboard

SkyMiles 4.0.0
SkyMiles 4.0.1
SkyMiles 5.0.0
SkyMiles 5.0.1
SkyMiles 5.1.0
SkyMiles 5.1.1

Just change the damn thing with a big bang and get it over with!
Given the number of changes each year it is more like:

SkyMiles 4.1.1
SkyMiles 4.2.0
SkyMiles 4.3.0
SkyMiles 4.4.0
SkyMiles 4.4.1
SkyMiles 4.5.0

SkyMiles 5.0.1
SkyMiles 5.1.0
SkyMiles 5.2.0
SkyMiles 5.3.1
SkyMiles 5.4.0
SkyMiles 5.5.0
SkyMiles 5.6.1

SkyMiles 6.0.0
SkyMiles 6.1.1
SkyMiles 6.2.0
SkyMiles 6.3.2
SkyMiles 6.4.0
Old Feb 7, 2015, 10:56 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fattieonboard
Nah, I work in the software industry, and at least we have the common decency to tell our customers when we're changing things via release notes. Sometimes we even give them advance notice so they can plan ahead!
Old Feb 8, 2015, 12:29 am

Man, this is ridiculous. I've been trying to book an award ticket for this December. Stupid website was trying to give me some really not kosher pricing and I've been stalling on spending 2 x as many miles as the trip should've cost. But this change makes me want to burn my miles ASAP and switch to Alaska.

Thanks for nothing Delta.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by rufflesinc
For a normal airline, we ask "where are the award seats?" For delta, we ask "where are the award charts?"
Award charts? We ain't got no award charts. We don' need no award charts. I don' have to show you any steenkeeng award charts!

Customers? Customers? We don' need no.... etc etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqomZQMZQCQ
Old Feb 8, 2015, 1:55 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by PushingTin
Quote:

Originally Posted by LaserSailor

Implementation of status based rates and availability, as predicted.

Stop treating miles like currency; its a fools ' errand.

Maybe not currency, but dollarized seems to be in the future. Eventually the IRS will notice. Not an issue for private transactions, but if they are a business expense, you've opened it up to being basically a kick back that is easily computed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HongKonger

Japanese culture stresses honoring commitments. The antithesis of American MBA culture.

Actually having an MBA, but working for a manufacturing company, I'll offer up 'consultants'. They are the MBAs that the rest of us that work for a living despise. I know there are a lot of them around here.

FF programs worked to airlines favor when there were a lot of players and lower capacity utilization. With limited players and full airplanes, they are not needed. They are only a tool to try to get the Very High Value fliers- the 1% fliers that make up the 80/20 breakdown taken to the third run through.

Nice to get a preview of what United is going to do. I'll plagiarize some of the posts here when they follow.
Oh, how I hope the IRS notices!
Old Feb 8, 2015, 4:22 am

Programs: I blinked and all my statuses had expired
Originally Posted by fly2nrt
If a Japanese company did what Delta does they would seppuku themselves.
You've never taken a close look at the way Sony treats customers then.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 5:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Why would Delta go through all the trouble of creating and publishing the comprehensive 5-tier award charts...only to remove them a few months later?

1. Did they know well in advance they were removing them but published the 5-tier charts anyway for a few months?

2. Or was this a sudden decision that they did not see coming but decided to do?
Old Feb 8, 2015, 6:23 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
Why would Delta go through all the trouble of creating and publishing the comprehensive 5-tier award charts...only to remove them a few months later?

1. Did they know well in advance they were removing them but published the 5-tier charts anyway for a few months?

2. Or was this a sudden decision that they did not see coming but decided to do?
That is the part I don't understand. They spend a long time telling us about the "5 tier award chart" then go to the effort of actually publishing it and then "poof" it's gone 6 weeks into the year.

Now we have a one tier "award chart" -- "You pay what we say you'll pay"
Old Feb 8, 2015, 6:40 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by Winkdaddy

I'm telling you, I think it was a reaction to the websites that did searches for award availability after the new five-tier system went live and found no Level 1 availability on a number of routes for the entire year.

Delta probably saw those articles, realized it was bad pub for them, and said why do we even publish the redemption levels to give them the ammunition for these articles in the first place?

There may also be a legal component to it in that they are advertising that Level 1 awards exist on all routes but then not making it possible to book them at any time throughout the year. Perhaps they are shielding themselves from a false advertising claim.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 6:47 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by DemonDeacon
I'm telling you, I think it was a reaction to the websites that did searches for award availability after the new five-tier system went live and found no Level 1 availability on a number of routes for the entire year.

Delta probably saw those articles, realized it was bad pub for them, and said why do we even publish the redemption levels to give them the ammunition for these articles in the first place?

There may also be a legal component to it in that they are advertising that Level 1 awards exist on all routes but then not making it possible to book them at any time throughout the year. Perhaps they are shielding themselves from a false advertising claim.
That is true, though, and on many (not all yet, I guess) routes the normal (level 1) awards have went the way of the dodo as of January 1.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 6:49 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors

But due to the ADA airlines are exempt from false advertising claims under state law. Could be the PR problem though.

"More availability at the lowest levels." LMAO
Old Feb 8, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond

If this is the case, then it seems like much, MUCH worse publicity and attention by removing the charts altogether. Why not tweak (increase) availability a bit?? Create a ton of positive buzz...I cant imagine it would truly be that costly.

My gut says this move is not related to 3rd party websites saying there is limited availability...and my gut says there is a good chance this was not planned and Delta decided to do it suddenly for some reason...

Perhaps they did yank them for some unexpected legal reason at the advice of their lawyers...now they are probably scrambling trying to figure out what to do..
Old Feb 8, 2015, 7:44 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by HongKonger
But due to the ADA airlines are exempt from false advertising claims under state law. Could be the PR problem though.

"More availability at the lowest levels." LMAO
DL is also subject to legal jurisdiction in markets other than the US. There are jurisdictions in which DL is subject to laws where Carter's Airline Deregulation Act is not the law of the land.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 7:51 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by PushingTin
Maybe not currency, but dollarized seems to be in the future. Eventually the IRS will notice. Not an issue for private transactions, but if they are a business expense, you've opened it up to being basically a kick back that is easily computed.

Actually having an MBA, but working for a manufacturing company, I'll offer up 'consultants'. They are the MBAs that the rest of us that work for a living despise. I know there are a lot of them around here.
Infamous Jeff Skilling of Enron infamy has more than one thing in common with Jeff Robertson of SkyMiles infamy. For example, they were both employed by the McKinsey & Company consulting firm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.