Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

In what order does DL serve economy meals-transatlantic?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2019, 7:38 am
Original Poster

In what order does Delta serve economy class meals transatlantic? Starting in the front?
Or does it vary by odd/even flight number? I know there is variation in first class on some carriers based on odd/even. But what about economy class?
Old Oct 19, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Delta always serves economy meals front to back.
Duke787 likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

OK. Great. I knew that was true on DL domestic, but thought they might do something different on longer haul transatlantic flights. Thanks for the reply.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
This is right. And if you are sitting in the back be prepared not to get the salad option on the menu, it usually runs out by the end of C+ or not long after
Old Oct 19, 2019, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

It's funny that you mentioned the salad option. I was just talking to someone about this and we figured they have 3 options in long haul economy: Salad, Pasta and Chicken.

I was betting the Chicken would disappear first. Followed by the Pasta. And that the salad would be the last to go!

I had it all backwards

Last edited by trekkerman; Oct 19, 2019 at 2:09 pm
Old Oct 19, 2019, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by trekkerman
It's funny that you mentioned the salad option. I was just talking to someone about this and we figured they have 3 options in long haul economy: Salad, Pasta and Chicken.

I was betting the Chicken would disappear first. Followed by the Pasta. And that the salad would be the last to go!

I had it all backwards
Ha! Check the food thread I've done a bunch of TATL and just finished a TPAC in Y this year and posted most if not all of them over there.

I love the salad usually it's the only reasonbly healthy option -- and tastes fresh instead of like a sodium laden blob.

It is almost always with chicken breast though coming back from SCL it was beef and on DTW - ICN there was no salad, instead they had bibimbap in addition to chicken.
Hoyaheel likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Bibimbap actually sounds quite tasty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.