Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Is there a monitor in main cabin first row on 737-300? Should I pick a new seat?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there a monitor in main cabin first row on 737-300? Should I pick a new seat?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2021, 9:07 am
Original Poster

1) Hi, I have a Delta flight booked on a Boeing 767-300, and I booked the first row of the Main Cabin (seat 22F). My question is, will there be an entertainment monitor so I can watch movies and stuff? Or if there is a monitor, is it annoying and should I pick a new seat? (I recall on my last flight, the first row did not have a monitor but a blank wall in front of it, but I don't recall what kind of plane it was since I can't figure out how to see my past flight information on Delta.)

2) On that note, I'm new to Delta, (I always flew Southwest but lately Delta prices are lower than Southwests, and I'll gladly avoid the Boeing MAX plane anyway) - is there a way to see my past trip information? All I can find are past receipts, but no info that tells me where I sat or what can a plane it was, i.e. the info you get before a flight.

3) On my first Delta flight last month, I noticed people who did not even chose their seats got "better" seats than I did, meaning closer to the front of the plane. I suspect maybe that's because I selected seats with an empty seat next to them, which was a mistake - all the seats filled up anyway. Is it ever better to not choose your seat and let Delta assign one? Or should you pick the seat you want? I just always pick an aisle seat as close to the front as I can and with no one next to it.

Thanks!

Last edited by oreocookies; Jul 4, 2021 at 9:25 am
Old Jul 4, 2021, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Looks like tv is attached to the bulkhead. Also loos to have a decent amount of extra legroom and no one reclining into you.

Old Jul 4, 2021, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The video display is tucked into the armrest if it's not right in front of you, and you have to push a button to release it and then pull it upward and rotate the monitor for viewing. They don't have any aircraft where only some people have a display.

You can keep your email e-receipt's which will have initial aircraft and seat selection, but the only way to definitively track these things is to keep track yourself in a document or spreadsheet. Many people will often also track the ship numbers they've flown, in addition to aircraft type.

There's always a risk that you'll get assigned a middle seat if you wait until Delta assigns you a seat. I'd rather know I have an aisle seat further back than get stuck in a middle seat further up. You can generally keep track of seats as they are assigned before boarding in App or website and potentially grab something better as seats open up.
oreocookies and Duke787 like this.

Last edited by xliioper; Jul 4, 2021 at 9:21 am
Old Jul 4, 2021, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Looks like tv is attached to the bulkhead. Also loos to have a decent amount of extra legroom and no one reclining into you.

Those seats say Comfort+ and I am sitting in main cabin. Are you sure that's a 767-300? Because each plane has a different layout. I don't think this is right.

edit: 767, not 737
Old Jul 4, 2021, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oreocookies
Those seats say Comfort+ and I am sitting in main cabin. Are you sure that's a 737-300? Because each plane has a different layout. I don't think this is right.
Delta does not have any 737-300's, you mean 767-300. As I indicated above, if they are not directly in front of you, the video displays are located in the armrests and have to be released.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xliioper
Delta does not have any 737-300's, you mean 767-300. As I indicated above, if they are not directly in front of you, the video displays are located in the fixed armrests and have to be released.
Right, but that picture is still wrong, lol. Thanks for your post - knowing they don't offer any seats without entertainment helps
Old Jul 4, 2021, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Those seats say Comfort+ and I am sitting in main cabin. Are you sure that's a 737-300? Because each plane has a different layout. I don't think this is right.
Delta doesnt have 737-300s. Delta has 767-300s and 737-800s and 737-900s (and 757-300s).

On the 767-300, the first row of Main Cabin will have the tv in the seat back in front of you. However the first row of Main Cabin (first row behind Comfort Plus) is usually to be avoided on widebodies because the Comfort Plus seats have extra recline which means that extra recline impedes on your space in the first row of Main Cabin. This issue is not present if youre on a 737.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
OP what type of plane are you on? The picture above is from a 763 but its not row 22. There is no bulkhead main cabin row for the 763 (its C+) the bulkhead on the 763 is row 13 or 30.

It doesnt matter though, all DL mainline planes except the 717 have IFE at every seat. If you are in an exit row the monitor is in your armrest as noted above.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Duke787
OP what type of plane are you on? The picture above is from a 763 but its not row 22. There is no bulkhead main cabin row for the 763 (its C+) the bulkhead on the 763 is row 13 or 30.

It doesnt matter though, all DL mainline planes except the 717 have IFE at every seat. If you are in an exit row the monitor is in your armrest as noted above.
This is a copy and paste of what it says...

Aircraft: Boeing 767-300
Flight Time: 5HR 5M
On Time % : 100
Miles Flown: 2,167
Old Jul 4, 2021, 10:33 am
Original Poster

However the first row of Main Cabin (first row behind Comfort Plus) is usually to be avoided on widebodies because the Comfort Plus seats have extra recline which means that extra recline impedes on your space in the first row of Main Cabin. This issue is not present if you’re on a 737.
So you are saying that the Comfort Plus seat in front of me will recline more into my personal space than other seats? I thought there was going to be a wall in front of me, but looking more closely at the seat map after reading your comment, I'm thinking I should pick a new seat. Here's the seat map I see.

Thanks for the help. I just assumed there was a wall because on some planes that seems to the where economy/main cabin seating starts. But looking more closely at the model of plane I'm on would've helped!
Old Jul 4, 2021, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So you are saying that the Comfort Plus seat in front of me will recline more into my personal space than other seats? I thought there was going to be a wall in front of me, but looking more closely at the seat map after reading your comment, I'm thinking I should pick a new seat. Here's the seat map I see.

Thanks for the help. I just assumed there was a wall because on some planes that seems to the where economy/main cabin seating starts. But looking more closely at the model of plane I'm on would've helped!
Theres no bulkhead between Comfort Plus and Main Cabin. Not even a soft curtain. Its all part of the Economy Class cabin.

But yes you should probably avoid this seat because on internationally configured widebodies Comfort Plus seats have extra recline. If youre also in Comfort Plus this isnt as big of a deal since youd have more room yourself but the first row of Main Cabin behind C+ has standard legroom but the seat in front of you that is C+ has the extra recline which then reduces your space.
oreocookies likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Theres no bulkhead between Comfort Plus and Main Cabin. Not even a soft curtain. Its all part of the Economy Class cabin.

But yes you should probably avoid this seat because on internationally configured widebodies Comfort Plus seats have extra recline. If youre also in Comfort Plus this isnt as big of a deal since youd have more room yourself but the first row of Main Cabin behind C+ has standard legroom but the seat in front of you that is C+ has the extra recline which then reduces your space.
Thanks for this. I have moved back to 26B. I am a short person so legroom isn't important to me, but it actually drives me up a wall when people in front of me fully recline their seats into my face. I know it's a very divisive topic, but I am on the side that believes seats shouldn't even recline in economy class on planes and people who do recline are inconsiderate, lol.
flg8rmatt likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for this. I have moved back to 26B. I am a short person so legroom isn't important to me, but it actually drives me up a wall when people in front of me fully recline their seats into my face. I know it's a very divisive topic, but I am on the side that believes seats shouldn't even recline in economy class on planes and people who do recline are inconsiderate, lol.
Based on the seat map that youve shared, there are no seats remaining that dont have the possibility of someone reclining in front of you.

Row 22 isnt that bad the seats in front of you will have unlimited legroom in the exit row so they may be inclined not to recline but the downside of row 22 is that its right next to the bathroom so there is a lot of traffic and people often stand right there waiting for the bathroom.

26B is probably the best option with what you have available.
oreocookies likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.