Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2022, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
Link to International D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Current 2022 First Class meal service status -- [NOTE - all D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service]. FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings, while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM. Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles. Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station):
ABQ, AUA, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, IAD, JAC, MCI, OAK, PLS, PSC, PUJ, SAT, TUS, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2022 | 8:03 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: DL DM, Ex-AA EXP, HZ Pres, MRT AMB/LTP
Originally Posted by nickp7286
Has anyone recently tried special meals for domestic first dinner flights out of JFK? Specifically, the bland or diabetic meals? I'm not crazy about the standard choices (brisket, chicken meatballs or cobb salad) and thinking of trying one of the special meals. Thanks!
You typically get what you ask for so don’t expect a big difference. Bland chicken at 30k feet isn’t going to be that great. This was my most recent meal in first coming back to JFK. Short rib.
sspontak likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2022 | 8:28 pm
10 Countries Visited100k15 Years on Site

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by ryw
How long have the Michel et Augustin cookies been in the C+ snack basket? Just realized that they’re there in my past couple trips but I hadn’t noticed them before. At any rate, I’m glad to see them in the basket!
I saw them as early as April and they went away for a few months. The last few weeks I have noticed them back again.
ryw likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2022 | 7:48 am
ryw
10 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by matchbox20_is
I saw them as early as April and they went away for a few months. The last few weeks I have noticed them back again.
Originally Posted by krakendown
I’ve seen them there since October this year. But it fluctuates quite frequently. This is on SFO-JFK.
Its good to see them back again! In the past few weeks I’ve noticed them on ATL-SNA and ATL-LGA. I always feel some pressure to make a quick selection though and not spend too much time perusing the basket selections, so I wasn’t sure if they’ve been there longer and I’ve just missed them!
matchbox20_is likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2022 | 3:43 pm
5 Years on Site

Programs: MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by stringcheese

Bulgur risotto - husband ordered it and said it was okay. It didn't look good. He is usually a meat and potatoes type but didn't like the meat choices.

Dessert. They bring them to your seat so you do not get to choose the sundae toppings. The sundae was better than the apple tart.

Lunch - croque monsieur. It tasted how it looks. The macarons were good.
Coming back to this, flew CDG-SEA. Bulgur risotto was better than I expected, but nothing out of the world. The crew brought out both topping and no-topping selections for the sundae.
Croque monsieur was decent, not horrible. Macarons definitely good.

I also flew AF in J for the first time....CDG-DEL. Service wasn't that great (preferred D1), but food was definitely a lot better.
Old Nov 23, 2022 | 7:44 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC, CLEAR
Originally Posted by ryw
How long have the Michel et Augustin cookies been in the C+ snack basket? Just realized that they’re there in my past couple trips but I hadn’t noticed them before. At any rate, I’m glad to see them in the basket!
But they’ve changed. Dark chocolate are out and milk chocolate caramel is in. Prefer the dark but they are still better than most other things in the basket.
theorbo and doubleA like this.
Old Nov 25, 2022 | 8:07 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Titanium
So I just got pre-order ability for my upcoming JFK-LAX flight, and only getting one option (Marta Chicken Meatballs). Is this normal for early in the pre-order process or is there something up with the menu on my upcoming flight?
Old Nov 25, 2022 | 9:17 pm

Dumb question... I'm flying coach SEA-JFK in a couple days and see that "meals and alcoholic beverages are available for purchase." Is this a real thing or a pre-covid marketing copy holdover? On my flight over I couldn't find anything on the IFE or a menu to order. How do I get food?
Old Nov 25, 2022 | 9:22 pm
1M100 Nights10 Years on Site

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by desafino
Dumb question... I'm flying coach SEA-JFK in a couple days and see that "meals and alcoholic beverages are available for purchase." Is this a real thing or a pre-covid marketing copy holdover? On my flight over I couldn't find anything on the IFE or a menu to order. How do I get food?
There are no paper menus but there are a few fresh buy on board items. If the flight attendants don't announce them, ask them what's available.
Old Nov 26, 2022 | 9:11 am
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: DL Diamond, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AntimonyER
So I just got pre-order ability for my upcoming JFK-LAX flight, and only getting one option (Marta Chicken Meatballs). Is this normal for early in the pre-order process or is there something up with the menu on my upcoming flight?
Not typical, at least in my recent experience. I had the same for a midcon yesterday morning, showing only one option. I’m guessing an IT glitch, so will check the link occasionally as the week goes by.
Old Nov 26, 2022 | 9:58 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by xliioper
Poster was referring to the Market/Bistro snack boxes which consist entirely of shelf stable items (like chips, crackers, cheese spreads, beef sticks, fruit chews) with nutrition information printed on the items. Is that what you are talking about? If there were items that did not have retail branding on them, it was likely a meal box which is standard for stations that don't have contract catering. The Wiki at the top of this page has stations with meal box service.
The box of shelf stable items is what was served MCI-SEA for an 8 AM flight.
Old Nov 26, 2022 | 3:01 pm
10 Countries Visited100k15 Years on Site

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Beckles
The box of shelf stable items is what was served MCI-SEA for an 8 AM flight.
That's really strange. Anyone else with experience at MCI? That route should be serving breakfast as advertised.
Old Nov 26, 2022 | 4:23 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: A3*G, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
There are no paper menus but there are a few fresh buy on board items. If the flight attendants don't announce them, ask them what's available.
And emphasis on "a few" -- if you're behind Comfort Plus it's likely they'll be gone by the time they get to you.
Old Nov 26, 2022 | 8:48 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: Delta 360/DM/4MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I actually have three new options out of DTW for dinner on Dec 1 (I haven't seen these posted, or perhaps I missed them).

Braised Beef Cheeks
Blackened Chicken and Baby Spinach Salad
Homemade Wild Mushroom Mezzaluna Pasta

Nice to get some variety!
Hoyaheel likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2022 | 7:27 am

Dl105 LATM ATL-GRU

Anyone familiar with DELTA ONE on this aircraft A330-300 operated by LATM especially food ?
Old Nov 27, 2022 | 7:49 am
20 Countries Visited1M15 Years on Site

Programs: Free Agent Level 2; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, ALL SE, BA GECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by TastyPlaneEats
Pre-selected the smoked salmon and bagel plate breakfast item. Tiny portion of smoked salmon.
Thanks for posting those pictures (a few months ago), I guess I'll go with the frittata for my upcoming flight. Interestingly, that bagel doesn't look like a Russ & Daughters bagel, even modulo the separate discussion about what qualifies as a New York bagel these days...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.