Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Missing Delta Skymiles from AeroMexico trip (Consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2022, 3:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by APIII
Yes, the MQD’s were 40% of the mileage flown which should be correct for my first class tickets. The two flights that were operated by Delta have already shown up in my MQD’s. My SM# is definitely on my boarding pass for the most recent (Delta) segment. I entered it when I booked the run, and everything was booked at the same time.
Can you check whether your DL FF number was on the boarding passes for the AM segments?

BTW, are you saying that you got MQMs and RDMs for the AM segments, but no MQDs? Or do you have no credit whatsoever for the AM segments?
Old Aug 21, 2022, 3:54 pm
Moderator: Hyatt, American Express; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, AA EXP, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, Mlife Noir, invol FT beta tester
Unfortunately this is a semi-common occurrence:

SkyMiles postings from AereMexico flights

Issue with SkyMiles numbers sticking to Aeromexico reservations

How long does it take for AeroMexico activity to post?

Retroactively claiming milage credit for AeroMexico flights
Old Aug 21, 2022, 6:28 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Can you check whether your DL FF number was on the boarding passes for the AM segments?

BTW, are you saying that you got MQMs and RDMs for the AM segments, but no MQDs? Or do you have no credit whatsoever for the AM segments?
I don’t have my boarding passes any longer, but it did show in the AM App. I’m 99.9% sure my skymiles number was there. I don’t show anything for either of the AM segments at this point.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by APIII
I don’t have my boarding passes any longer, but it did show in the AM App. I’m 99.9% sure my skymiles number was there. I don’t show anything for either of the AM segments at this point.
DL is likely going to require images of your ticket receipt along with images of your boarding passes.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Try using the missing miles link. While AM operated, follow the link for DL flights. It'll have you input ticket number. It may actually post right then. If not either follow link for other partners or call.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 2:35 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I've had partner operated flights take 7-14 days to post (AF KL and AM). At some point, on the app it says processing, <24 hours but still can be way longer.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 5:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
Unfortunately the worst AM posting error occurred recently when I asked the check in agents at SJD to add my SkyMiles number to the reservation and print boarding passes. Of course I had entered my SkyMiles number at booking but that doesn't mean caca to AM. The boarding passes omitted the number but they insisted it was in the record. Wasn't a problem at MEX, CUN or TIJ airports to receive boarding passes with the number present. Had to go through the regular rigmarole to receive any miles at all. This time DL took the lazy way out and posted the flights in coach. I paid and flew I class. Took quite a few calls to the Diamond desk but they finally corrected the error. At one point the chat line insisted I had flown N class until I submitted proof of I class. Then they blamed the error on a typo. Yeah right.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 5:08 pm

Programs: SkyMiles, United
Originally Posted by BNAChairman
Unfortunately the worst AM posting error occurred recently when I asked the check in agents at SJD to add my SkyMiles number to the reservation and print boarding passes. Of course I had entered my SkyMiles number at booking but that doesn't mean caca to AM. The boarding passes omitted the number but they insisted it was in the record. Wasn't a problem at MEX, CUN or TIJ airports to receive boarding passes with the number present. Had to go through the regular rigmarole to receive any miles at all. This time DL took the lazy way out and posted the flights in coach. I paid and flew I class. Took quite a few calls to the Diamond desk but they finally corrected the error. At one point the chat line insisted I had flown N class until I submitted proof of I class. Then they blamed the error on a typo. Yeah right.
That's frustrating, I always bring another BP with the SM number printed on it, and if they say it's already in the system I ask them to print it again, and if the SM # does not show there, I show them the one with the number and tell them it should look like that one. So far it has never failed. They act surprise when they print it and does not show.
PanAmSam likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 2:24 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by baqnav
If you do online checkin, your Delta number will show up on your boarding pass. However, that is not enough for the AM system to determine your SkyMiles status (basic, silver, gold, platinum, diamond or 360). Those levels are needed to determine your MQM and MQD earnings. Some AM agents know how to re enter the SkyMiles number in the check in field (at a ticket counter, lounge or gate; (online checkin does not resolve this issue). Most DL agents have no idea how to fix and will tell you your number is in the record.. It is, just not in the "additional" field to allow automatic earnings to compute/post. Bottom line, unless the left side of your AM boarding pass does not say (for example; DIAMOND/EPLUS and the right side (part that used to be torn off by the gate) FQTV DLxxxxxxxxxx, you will not automatically receive credit for AM flights. Good Luck!
I'm in the same boat. 4 legs, all on AM metal, booked through AM as an AM ticket. Outbound was handled by Delta, the 2 legs had my SkyMiles number and indicated that I was STE+. I checked in online for the return and only my SkyMiles number shows, no STE+. Unfortunately, I am at an outstation for AM (UIO) so I might have an uphill fight with Delta to get the return credited. Since it's all on one PNR and one ticket, would it be better to pursue the entire PNR all at once after all four legs have been flown?

Edit: I might actually be alright. I re-checked in at the counter and the agent knew what I was asking for. They printed out my BPs and they both say GOLD/EPLUS. Kudos to Aeromexico for not contracting out this outstation (UIO)
ebayj likes this.

Last edited by diburning; Sep 25, 2022 at 10:49 pm
Old Sep 26, 2022, 12:50 pm

Booked with Delta Vacations

My wife and I booked a Delta Vacations package with AM flights JFK-MEX-ACA-MEX-JFK, in I fare class on the outbound and D on the return. We booked the minimum 2 hotel nights in order to earn the 20k bonus miles for the promotion at the time, and made separate hotel reservations for the rest of the trip. Since it was a 006 ticket, I thought it might earn only the 30% of distance MQD rate for Delta Exception fares.

2 days after the outbound flights, I saw the "miles will post within 24 hours" status in my SkyMiles account. 3 days later, the MEX-ACA flight posted at the 40% of distance MQD rate, but the JFK-MEX flight remained pending. A full week after the outbound trip, the JFK-MEX flight showed that it was ineligible for any mileage credit.

On the return, the "within 24 hours" status again appeared 2 days after the flights, and 3 days later both flights posted with the full 40% of distance MQD. The outbound JFK-MEX still showed ineligible, so I called. The agent talked to the SkyMiles support team and they said it was a glitch and queued it for reprocessing. An hour later the earnings for that flight posted in full.

Overall it was relatively painless to get the mileage credit for a Delta Vacations package, and the flights earned as if booking directly with AM.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 11:58 am

Programs: DL 1MM PM: UA Plat
Well S$*@ (RIP Lesley Jordan) Wish I’d found this thread earlier.

I did a run for MQD last month. Booked on AM, Flights AM. I know I entered my Delta FF number. Checked in online, got boarding passes loaded to my iPhone wallet, had Precheck, and used lounges. All seemed well. No credit appeared.

Requested credit and uploaded my confirmation email with ticket number. I do still have BPs on phone but couldn’t upload multiple images. Nada. I now note my Delta FF number does not show on passes.

I’ve flown many partner flights on AF/KLM and Korean and have never had a problem. Is there hope for me? I’m especially curious as I have another non-run trip on AM coming up. I really need the bumps for my status
Old Nov 2, 2022, 1:39 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by diburning
I'm in the same boat. 4 legs, all on AM metal, booked through AM as an AM ticket. Outbound was handled by Delta, the 2 legs had my SkyMiles number and indicated that I was STE+. I checked in online for the return and only my SkyMiles number shows, no STE+. Unfortunately, I am at an outstation for AM (UIO) so I might have an uphill fight with Delta to get the return credited. Since it's all on one PNR and one ticket, would it be better to pursue the entire PNR all at once after all four legs have been flown?

Edit: I might actually be alright. I re-checked in at the counter and the agent knew what I was asking for. They printed out my BPs and they both say GOLD/EPLUS. Kudos to Aeromexico for not contracting out this outstation (UIO)
I forgot to come back here to update. The flights posted properly without intervention needed. I think it's because I asked the check-in agent re-input my SkyMiles number, which got my status printed on the boarding pass.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 9:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
My Skymiles number is appearing on my digital boarding passes. Is that enough for the flights to properly credit? I won't arrive at the airport for another few hours and can have the check-in agent reprint the boarding passes, but is that required since the FF number already appears?
Old Nov 3, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ghsbass0406
My Skymiles number is appearing on my digital boarding passes. Is that enough for the flights to properly credit? I won't arrive at the airport for another few hours and can have the check-in agent reprint the boarding passes, but is that required since the FF number already appears?
Unfortunately seeing the FF number on the digital boarding passes is meaningless. You'll need to approach a ticket agent and ask to add a FF number and then receive paper boarding passes that show the number and your status. Only then is there a better than half chance that the flights will post without intervention. It's a truly ridiculous situation.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by BNAChairman
Unfortunately seeing the FF number on the digital boarding passes is meaningless. You'll need to approach a ticket agent and ask to add a FF number and then receive paper boarding passes that show the number and your status. Only then is there a better than half chance that the flights will post without intervention. It's a truly ridiculous situation.
Thank you for the insight! At first the ticket agent didn't want to do it, but then she took my number off the reservation, added it back, and printed out BPs with it printed next to the FQTV. Here's hoping it actually credits without any intervention.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.