Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

ex-LATAM A350's DL featuring LATAM seat config - Consolidated Reviews

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ex-LATAM A350's DL featuring LATAM seat config - Consolidated Reviews

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2022 | 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Years on Site

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ezefllying
Obviously, if there are supply-chain issues, it's understandable from an operational standpoint. But if I'd paid cash (or even Delta's risible award prices) for a D1 seat and got this on a long-haul flight, I'd expect compensation. Delta should freely offer $500 (and maybe $1000 for those on full J fares) in cash, or more in credit, each way for people whose aircraft are swapped out for these, and it should issue a prominent warning on ticket receipts and booking pages when this new configuration is the one being used for a particular flight. It's just not the advertised product.
And what about the 752, A332, A333, and 763 none of which have the advertised D1 product.

Theres a reason DL legal makes sure their guarantee is for any J seat between city A and B, not a specific J seat
ebayj likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022 | 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Duke787
And what about the 752, A332, A333, and 763 none of which have the advertised D1 product.

Theres a reason DL legal makes sure their guarantee is for any J seat between city A and B, not a specific J seat
Those aren't advertised as D1 Suites, just D1. My guess is someone didn't think about need to update website/app. (Likely not knowing it's even an issue)
ezefllying likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022 | 4:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
The main cabin looks much nicer than Delta's which seems to have been styled after a waiting room circa 1999. Very bland.
Old Mar 15, 2022 | 5:11 am
VFR
5 Years on Site

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
The main cabin looks much nicer than Delta's which seems to have been styled after a waiting room circa 1999. Very bland.
They're going to put the standard Delta seat covers on it, so it will probably go back to looking bland.
Old Mar 19, 2022 | 6:03 pm
1M15 Years on Site

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Just an FYI - told by multiple agents (both phone and SkyClub) that they will not refund me on my ATL-SCL round-trip because of the switch from Delta 1 to the LAN seats.

Really annoyed as I paid more to fly Delta because of a combination of nonstop + product. Could have saved nearly 1K by flying AA or UA with a connection. And, by the time there's a schedule change allowing a refund I'm relatively sure the AA and UA prices will go up. (The flights are over Thanksgiving.)

Oh, well. Certainly a First World problem, but annoying none the less.
strickerj likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2022 | 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dcstudent
Just an FYI - told by multiple agents (both phone and SkyClub) that they will not refund me on my ATL-SCL round-trip because of the switch from Delta 1 to the LAN seats.

Really annoyed as I paid more to fly Delta because of a combination of nonstop + product. Could have saved nearly 1K by flying AA or UA with a connection. And, by the time there's a schedule change allowing a refund I'm relatively sure the AA and UA prices will go up. (The flights are over Thanksgiving.)

Oh, well. Certainly a First World problem, but annoying none the less.
Last time I checked(albeit a while) DL advertised direct aisle seating on all DL long haul.. i would point out it's not the seat,, but lack of direct aisle access.. A DOT complaint might also help.
ezefllying likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2022 | 9:17 am
20 Countries Visited500k10 Years on Site

Programs: Marriott LTT, DL 1MM
Coming soon to ATL-LAX as well:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-...s-a350-routes/
NOLAnwGOLD likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2022 | 10:09 am
Original Poster
5 Years on Site

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by MotelRomeo
Time to avoid ATL-LAX!
Old Apr 12, 2022 | 10:13 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by MotelRomeo
making sure this doesn't get lost... there is **NO WI-FI** on this plane. A five-hour business flight between ATL and LAX? Completely unacceptable.
ebayj, rylan, MotelRomeo and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 12, 2022 | 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
making sure this doesn't get lost... there is **NO WI-FI** on this plane. A five-hour business flight between ATL and LAX? Completely unacceptable.
It's 1 flight a day. I'm betting some will prefer being able to nap over work. Lastly adding WiFi doesn't take a week long downtime. I would guess they'll get it fairly quickly.
MichaelKade, Duke787 and CalebMCO like this.
Old Apr 13, 2022 | 12:58 am
20 Years on Site

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I'm looking forward to the LAX-ATL LATAM A350 in "FC"! Just RUC'd myself into a route this fall. I assume at some point they will retro to the newer seats....but probably need them in service....
ebayj likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022 | 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Countries Visited3M20 Years on Site

Programs: Jumbo mas
It is always amusing to see how worked up people get here when these are seats that 95% of the flying public would be drooling over just to sit in them, if only for a moment.

That said
(1) If I were on a long haul plane with this configuration, I'd get my rear in a middle section aisle; and
(2) If DL had these on SFO//ATL, I'd be all over it, wifi or not.

DOT complaints? Sheesh. I'd expect DL to throw a few peas or carrots my way if I asked for an equipment "downgrade" but that's about it.
ebayj, louis66, Statman and 4 others like this.
Old Apr 13, 2022 | 11:10 am
5 Years on Site

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by Crossinator
Time to avoid ATL-LAX!
This would seem to be a wild over-reaction..
louis66 and cmd320 like this.
Old Jun 5, 2022 | 9:20 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, HHonors
Delta One Configuration DUB-ATL Airbus A350-900

I am on flight 177 DUB-ATL, upgraded to Delta One cabin. The seat configuration is showing 2/2/2. Im in a seat near the window. I cant find any reference or pictures of this configuration. Doesnt look like the typical pod seat though with two seats. Is anyone familiar with this seat configuration or can point me to picture?
Old Jun 5, 2022 | 10:04 am
30 Countries Visited50 Countries Visited80 Nights10 Years on Site

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cvonbar
I am on flight 177 DUB-ATL, upgraded to Delta One cabin. The seat configuration is showing 2/2/2. Im in a seat near the window. I cant find any reference or pictures of this configuration. Doesnt look like the typical pod seat though with two seats. Is anyone familiar with this seat configuration or can point me to picture?
It is a former LATAM a350 Delta has not yet refurbished the interior with suites. They will be using them on select routes like ATL-DUB
https://onemileatatime.com/news/delt...r-airbus-a350/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.