Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eCredit instead of refund :(

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

eCredit instead of refund :(

I recently contacted Delta to cancel a flight due to a schedule change they had made which changed the dates of our trip. Looking at the rules it looked like I should have been eligible for a refund. The customer service rep I was connected with ensured me that I would get a refund back to my credit card since our flights were rebooked for a different day instead of the original date we booked. Just now I got emails saying an eCredit had been issued which is not the outcome I wanted. Has anyone had this happen and been able to get Delta to fix it and give a refund?
Old Mar 20, 2022, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
That's fine, an e-credit is always issued automatically. Refunds can take a few weeks unfortunately. You're welcome to use the e-credit in the meantime if you wish. Otherwise, it will be cancelled when they get around to issuing the refund.
Lomapaseo likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 5:34 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
You are certainly entitled to a refund. If you don't need the money right away, wait a few weeks and see what happens. Otherwise you can call and hopefully get a better agent who can issue a refund right away.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 6:49 am

My situation was the exact opposite. Flight cancelled and DL wanted to issue me a full refund. I had used a new Amex to buy it that had an offer get $200 back after your first DL purchase within 90 days. The 90 days had already passed and a refund would have charged me back the $200 so I called and got an ecredit instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.