Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Meals vouchers at Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2022, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Delta Meals vouchers at Atlanta

We received meal vouchers and the agent told us we can use them at our hotel restaurant. Well the hotel says no. Can these only be used at the airport? Delta got us rooms at the Renaissance Hotel so going back is easy. But we are so done with airports. Wondering for dinner this evening and breakfast tomorrow.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 5:16 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
I've never had a hotel take them, except maybe at hotel within airport premises. They are usually good for next day, I'd use them on your return next morning. Just anticipate ordering and waiting for food prior to departure.

Jiburi
Kerrirdh likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jiburi
I've never had a hotel take them, except maybe at hotel within airport premises. They are usually good for next day, I'd use them on your return next morning. Just anticipate ordering and waiting for food prior to departure.

Jiburi
Thanks. We headed back to the airport. Trying the Atlanta Chop House. Our hotel is right off the Skytrain. Just would have preferred to stay at the hotel.
Kerrirdh likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I've had a hotel by the airport accept them but its been like 5+ years since then. You'd think if given a voucher for the hotel then would also accept the meal credit since they have to submit to DL for reimbursement anyway.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 6:14 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
There's two types of vouchers. The one that's meant to be used at the airport vendors says:

** GRATUITY NOT INCLUDED **
REASON FOR ISSUANCE - <reason> BILL TO DELTA AIR LINES INC.

The ones that have a card type and card number listed (like credit card info) can be usable at a hotel restaurant, should they choose to take it (they'd just have to run it like a manually entered credit card).
Old Jun 8, 2022, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
They can if hotel is willing to take them. Vouchers are a pain to keep track of and submit with required paperwork. They also mean delay in receiving money. Thus many hotels will not take them.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 7:21 am

I just went through this. I probably stayed at the same hotel. I asked at the hotel restaurant and was told that they could accept the voucher if it was on my phone but since I had a paper voucher they couldn't. Tried Atlanta Bread at the airport for breakfast the following morning and they said no. Actually asked several vendors at the airport before I found one that would accept it. Good thing I was stuck at the airport for so long (ha...)
Old Jun 8, 2022, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by diburning
There's two types of vouchers. The one that's meant to be used at the airport vendors says:

** GRATUITY NOT INCLUDED **
REASON FOR ISSUANCE - <reason> BILL TO DELTA AIR LINES INC.

The ones that have a card type and card number listed (like credit card info) can be usable at a hotel restaurant, should they choose to take it (they'd just have to run it like a manually entered credit card).
We received the card type but I showed the hotel restaurant and it was a no go. Then we ended up using it twice at the airport. All we had to do was type in the credit card info. I don't see why the hotel restaurant couldn't have used it. I think they didn't realize that we had the card type.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by straychicken
We received the card type but I showed the hotel restaurant and it was a no go. Then we ended up using it twice at the airport. All we had to do was type in the credit card info. I don't see why the hotel restaurant couldn't have used it. I think they didn't realize that we had the card type.
I believe even with card type, there's paperwork required. DL i believe requires they still submit the voucher w/ recipet. Just by giving card info, payment is upfront.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.