Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2023 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2023, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
New menu link:
Code:
https://menu.delta.com/

Current 2023 First Class meal service status -- FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings (except those operated by an A321neo), while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM.

Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles.

Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

All D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station). Market/Bistro snack boxes are served on flights that are AM return flights to hubs from previous evening arrivals (as the cold meal boxes would require refrigeration overnight ):
ABQ, AUA, ASE, BOI, BTV, BZN, COS, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, HDN, JAC, JAX, LIH, MCI, MTJ, NAS, OAK, OMA, PLS, PSC, PSP, PUJ, PVD, PWM, SAL, SAT, STT, SXM, TUS, VPS, YYC, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Click here for the 2022 version of this thread

Old (pre-September 2023) menus:
Link to International and HNL D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/ (replace airport codes as appropriate; includes JFK-SEA and BOS-SEA/SFO on flights with domestic F)

Link to Domestic F Menus:
Flights departing ATL/BOS/HNL/JFK/LAX/SEA: https://firstclass.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-HM/ (replace airport codes as appropriate*)
All other departures: https://firstclass.mydeltamenu.com/Core-HM/
*No link for DTW but the menu should be the same as ex-BOS

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2023 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2023, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andrewk829
I was going by the information in "flight status" on the Delta website:

This is the "amenity" information when I looked up Delta 2821 in the "flight status" of the Delta website . . .and to be clear this was the ORD-SEA leg of the flight (they use the same flight number for the SEA-ORD leg). The reality is that this is a full meal service flight in F, which is apparently correctly stated in the "booking" mode of the website.
Did you miss the "Fresher Fine Dining" section above where it confirms the flight gets "full meal service" in First? Below is what it says for First Class when there is no meal service.

Last edited by xliioper; Sep 11, 2023 at 8:35 am
Old Sep 11, 2023, 9:24 am

Programs: DL Platinum, "alum" of high status with UA but not any more
Originally Posted by xliioper
Did you miss the "Fresher Fine Dining" section above where it confirms the flight gets "full meal service" in First? Below is what it says for First Class when there is no meal service.
Ahhh . . . yes, I did miss that. I guess I stopped reading at "snacks". In the old days, airline timetables indicated "meal service", and there was a code of B, L, D, or S, for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snack (and in those days "snack" usually meant something more substantial than a 1 oz. bag of pretzels; it basically denoted a non-hot meal, like a sandwich and cookie). So, anyway, I guess I'm still trained that if I read "snack", I just assume that means "no meal". Thanks for pointing this out and next time I'll be sure to read to the end. I suppose that the most important distinguishing in-flight characteristic of first class (other than the seat of course) is the in-flight meal service, you'd think that would be listed first.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 10:35 am
Flyertalk Evangelist, Moderator: United Airlines MlleagePlus

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
It's a completely fair mixup given that Delta is calling the meal service in both places basically "Snacks, Drinks, Dinner, Snacks" although it's been this way for a long time.

I will also point out that the codes just lie right now anyway; Delta will serve cold unplated snacks when GDS shows a meal code anyway and it seems like this is just generally accepted ("exception routes" with sad boxes).
hhdl likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 1:35 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by zeke3
Thanks for posting the menu. MSP is also down to 4 options staring 9/12, but ATL and DTW still have 5. Is it a different catering company?
Have a TATL out of JFK next week and it’s now back to the normal pre-order menu of five choices, of which two are limited items. I think the case of four items was due to the initial transition period over to an entirely new menu; have seen that before where they were down to four during the changeover but then went back up to five after a week or two.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Dinner choices for upcoming RDU - SLC flight.

Anyone had the wellness bowl? I'm between that or the meatballs. I didn't see any posts with the wellness bowl (unless I missed it)

Old Sep 12, 2023, 9:45 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
Delta FC Sunday 9/10 LAX to ATL - JON & VINNY'S BRAISED MEATBALLS
it was actually quite tasty. I noticed better service on both inbound and outbound flights
Old Sep 12, 2023, 10:38 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Wyndham Gold, GE/CLEAR
Originally Posted by Synapseturquoise
Delta FC Sunday 9/10 LAX to ATL - JON & VINNY'S BRAISED MEATBALLS
it was actually quite tasty. I noticed better service on both inbound and outbound flights
Packaged cookie, the horror!
hhdl likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Have a TATL out of JFK next week and it’s now back to the normal pre-order menu of five choices, of which two are limited items. I think the case of four items was due to the initial transition period over to an entirely new menu; have seen that before where they were down to four during the changeover but then went back up to five after a week or two.
Thanks! That’s what I get for finding the site that lets me look so far in advance. 🙂
Old Sep 12, 2023, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
Packaged cookie, the horror!
The Bell’s cookie is surprisingly good. Better than some not-packaged cookies I’ve eaten.
jewree likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 10:48 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Wyndham Gold, GE/CLEAR
The Bell’s cookie is surprisingly good. Better than some not-packaged cookies I’ve eaten.
Yeah it looks fine, just a little sarcasm on my end. I had a very good pre packaged molasses cookie on an MSY-SLC in the final days of the before times, March 14th 2020. Last flight I took before the actually terrible COVID service.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
SAD box on return flight AUA-ATL. Choice was chicken sandwich on croissant, chicken salad, or fruit and cheese plate.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 12:50 pm

hey! The Bells cookies are probably about $1 each! Last weekend from Den-jfk served a nasty $0.40 cookie in first for lunch dessert.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 5:59 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/4MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Duke787
Dinner choices for upcoming RDU - SLC flight.

Anyone had the wellness bowl? I'm between that or the meatballs. I didn't see any posts with the wellness bowl (unless I missed it)

Yeah, really exciting to now have 5 choices on domestic flights. With the repetitive meals being served at the non hubs, it's great to have some new options while keeping the short rib as one of them!
Old Sep 12, 2023, 6:31 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles | Diamond
Originally Posted by spudley007
Yeah, really exciting to now have 5 choices on domestic flights. With the repetitive meals being served at the non hubs, it's great to have some new options while keeping the short rib as one of them!
Pictures of new menu items in Delta’s press release: https://news.delta.com/fall-2023-food-beverage-refresh

Limited Menu Items

Core Dinner

Core Lunch
Old Sep 12, 2023, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott LT Platinum
The Wellness Bowl looks really appealing. Can't wait for someone to order it and post a real photo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.