Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2023 Edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2023, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: xliioper
New menu link:
Code:
https://menu.delta.com/

Current 2023 First Class meal service status -- FC meal service consists of plated meals (including hot options) between hubs and to/from most larger stations (exception stations listed below only receive cold meal box options) on flights over 900 miles which depart before 9PM (scheduled). Pre-selection is available on routes with plated meal offerings (except those operated by an A321neo), while it is not available on cold meal box routes. In addition, flights over 2300 miles will receive meal service in FC for departures after 9PM.

Snack boxes are generally offered on redeye flights under 2300 miles.

Meal service is not provided on flights under 900 miles.

All D1 flights, domestic and international, receive hot meal service.

Current exception stations where only cold meal boxes (with no pre-selection) are offered in FC on 900+ mile flights (both to and from station). Market/Bistro snack boxes are served on flights that are AM return flights to hubs from previous evening arrivals (as the cold meal boxes would require refrigeration overnight ):
ABQ, AUA, ASE, BOI, BTV, BZN, COS, EGE, ELP, EYW, GEG, HDN, JAC, JAX, LIH, MCI, MTJ, NAS, OAK, OMA, PLS, PSC, PSP, PUJ, PVD, PWM, SAL, SAT, STT, SXM, TUS, VPS, YYC, YYZ, YUL, YVR

Click here for the 2017 version of this thread.

Click here for the 2018/2019 version of this thread.

Click Here for the 2020 (Prior to COVID) Version of this thread

2020/Early 2021 - COVID Inflight Version of this Thread

​​​​Click Here for the 2021 Version of this thread

Click here for the 2022 version of this thread

Old (pre-September 2023) menus:
Link to International and HNL D1 Menus: https://deltaone.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-LHR/ (replace airport codes as appropriate)
Link to Domestic D1 Menus: https://pc2c.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-JFK/ (replace airport codes as appropriate; includes JFK-SEA and BOS-SEA/SFO on flights with domestic F)

Link to Domestic F Menus:
Flights departing ATL/BOS/HNL/JFK/LAX/SEA: https://firstclass.mydeltamenu.com/BOS-HM/ (replace airport codes as appropriate*)
All other departures: https://firstclass.mydeltamenu.com/Core-HM/
*No link for DTW but the menu should be the same as ex-BOS

Link to Delta Premium Select menus:
https://dps.mydeltamenu.com/SEA-ICN/
(replace airport codes as appropriate)

Print Wikipost

Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2023 Edition

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2023, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by GoNoles787
I'm flying FC from ATL to COS later this month. The app lists "Dinner" as an amenity, however no menu is available on menu.delta.com. I also saw someone flying COS to ATL got a sad box instead of actual meal service. Should I just expect to be disappointed with a sad box? Anyone fly this route recently? The flight is over the 900 mile threshold and there's obviously catering available from the ATL hub, but it is a new route.
Welcome to FT. Probably a sad box route, though we don't have any reports yet. After you fly it, please let us know.

I checked a few known sad box routes and ATL-ELP as well as SLC-YYZ list the sad boxes. However, ATL-COS could not be found.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by matchbox20_is
Welcome to FT. Probably a sad box route, though we don't have any reports yet. After you fly it, please let us know.

I checked a few known sad box routes and ATL-ELP as well as SLC-YYZ list the sad boxes. However, ATL-COS could not be found.
Thanks! I'll be sure to update everyone
Old Oct 2, 2023, 6:36 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I'm flying FC from ATL to COS later this month. The app lists "Dinner" as an amenity, however no menu is available on menu.delta.com. I also saw someone flying COS to ATL got a sad box instead of actual meal service. Should I just expect to be disappointed with a sad box? Anyone fly this route recently? The flight is over the 900 mile threshold and there's obviously catering available from the ATL hub, but it is a new route.
I was going to ask the same question this week. That 0550 return to ATL will be brutal, so I was thinking it'd be worth a buy up (currently reasonable fare difference) for the space and food (mostly just being more comfortable when I'm miserable that early). Looking forward to hearing your answer.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 6:57 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Thanks! I'll be sure to update everyone
Of course it's going to be a sad box route. The list really should be which domestic stations Delta does cater at. 20-25 airports at most? Hubs and competitive coastal cities. That's about it.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 11:02 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM
ATL-SCL

ATL - SCL: Single course likely due to a 90 minute delay due to luggage and passengers that were offloaded. The salmon and cream cheese that should have been the appetizer was the best part of this meal even though the crostini were soggy. The short rib was just meh.

SCL - ATL: Bizarre service all around. Ordered the slow cooked pork and it was single coursed again with the purser placing the meal on my tray before I received any linens and drinks/nuts. The other flight attendant wasn't happy at all and was walking around with a grimace. The purser then asked three separate times while I was eating if I was done; this was done while walking around with a full tray of desserts in her hand. She did the same exact thing to everyone for breakfast which made me wish I was on the other side of the plane.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dlasflyer
of course it's going to be a sad box route. The list really should be which domestic stations delta does cater at. 20-25 airports at most? Hubs and competitive coastal cities. That's about it.
sea
pdx
sfo
lax
san
las
slc
dfw
aus
iah
msy
fll
pbi
tpa
mia
jax
atl
cvg
mem
rsw
dca
rdu
clt
iad
phl
jfk
lga
ewr
bos
dtw
ord
msp
anc
cun
mex
sju
sdq
Old Oct 3, 2023, 1:14 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by cmhflyer80
Hello, a friend recently saw a flight attendant carrying around a bottle of Red Wine, he had a glass of a California Cab, he said it was great, The white choice (chardonnay) was still that garbage in a can post-covid nonsense... I remember when they had 2 choices of red wine and 1 white, I would LOVE a Pinot Noir Red, or a Red Blend, and a Sauvignon Blanc... not sure that will ever happen with the cab/chard being pretty much standard.

Has anyone else had this experience recently, delta hasn't promoted it, maybe they are offering a soft launch?

Any info would be appreciated!!!

Sadly, my guess is that they were out of the red cans so they subbed in some red bottles intended for Delta One, or possibly from a Sky Club.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 1:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by xliioper
sea
pdx
sfo
lax
san
las
slc
dfw
aus
iah
msy
fll
pbi
tpa
mia
jax
atl
cvg
mem
rsw
dca
rdu
clt
iad
phl
jfk
lga
ewr
bos
dtw
ord
msp
anc
cun
mex
sju
sdq
...and, only on mainline. All regional flights (even between two catering stations) are still getting sad boxes, I do believe.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by tubesoxs

ATL - SCL: Single course likely due to a 90 minute delay due to luggage and passengers that were offloaded. The salmon and cream cheese that should have been the appetizer was the best part of this meal even though the crostini were soggy. The short rib was just meh.

SCL - ATL: Bizarre service all around. Ordered the slow cooked pork and it was single coursed again with the purser placing the meal on my tray before I received any linens and drinks/nuts. The other flight attendant wasn't happy at all and was walking around with a grimace. The purser then asked three separate times while I was eating if I was done; this was done while walking around with a full tray of desserts in her hand. She did the same exact thing to everyone for breakfast which made me wish I was on the other side of the plane.
hurry up and enjoy your god-damned “premium” service!
BamaGirl, tubesoxs, cmd320 and 5 others like this.

Last edited by shoodawg; Oct 3, 2023 at 7:09 pm
Old Oct 3, 2023, 5:37 pm

Programs: Delta PM, LATAM Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton, Hertz Gold, Silvercar, Sixt
Originally Posted by shoodawg
hurry up and enjoy your god-damned premium service!
Could you at least put premium in air quotes! (I wonder if they run around HQ using finger bunny air quotes...)
"premium"
As stated way upthread, say it often enough, and anyone will believe it...even if their eyes, skin, nose and taste buds say different!
Old Oct 3, 2023, 11:57 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by xliioper
sea
pdx
sfo
lax
san
las
slc
dfw
aus
iah
msy
fll
pbi
tpa
mia
jax
atl
cvg
mem
rsw
dca
rdu
clt
iad
phl
jfk
lga
ewr
bos
dtw
ord
msp
anc
cun
mex
sju
sdq
add DEN, SNA, ONT, SEA, SJC, PHX, IND, and MCO.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by shoodawg
hurry up and enjoy your god-damned “premium” service!
I've had several ATL/EZE (and v.v.) and an SCL/ATL within the past year or so and this is the rushed service, no matter what the menu says, no matter what the online ordering option requests, etc. Each time, the FA will say "because of the hour of the flight." (Then why is it an option to request "express?")
dtwlarry likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 8:27 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, Natl Exec Elite, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diam
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Sadly, my guess is that they were out of the red cans so they subbed in some red bottles intended for Delta One, or possibly from a Sky Club.
News release today https://news.delta.com/wine-dine-rec...lections-board
Old Oct 5, 2023, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by doubleA
"First Class: First Class customers will enjoy a variety of premium selections, such as Pebble Lane Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay, with 750ml pour bottle options – a returning fan favorite."
They both retail for $10 (or less). It's funny how relative the term "premium" is. I guess my neighbors would think these are as I see their empty Franzia 5 liter boxes in the trash every week.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 11:23 am

Programs: Delta DM, Delta Reserve, Singapore Silver, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by omxfl
"First Class: First Class customers will enjoy a variety of premium selections, such as Pebble Lane Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay, with 750ml pour bottle options – a returning fan favorite."
They both retail for $10 (or less). It's funny how relative the term "premium" is. I guess my neighbors would think these are as I see their empty Franzia 5 liter boxes in the trash every week.
Wine collector here. Wine price terms are not always what you'd think. The industry considers "Popular Premium" starting around $10/bottle.
https://winefolly.com/lifestyle/real...hat-you-spend/
https://wineindustryadvisor.com/2018...category-price
They also use terms such as Premium, Super Premium, Ultra Premium, Luxury, Super Luxury and Icon. They all define a price range in the market.
DCAhome and omxfl like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.