Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2MM threshold onboard recognition

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2023 | 10:53 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
That's awesome and I absolutely love to see Delta put new emphasis on acknowledging the lifetime value of truly loyal customers! As we get older, each successive million is harder on the body and on life away from home...

When I crossed 2MM some years back, the "acknowledgement" onboard was having an uncharacteristically sour FA wag her finger "no" at me and point backwards as I put my bag in the overhead bin of the last row of FC (she apparently incorrectly assumed I was not in first class; then said "oh, OK" when I showed my boarding pass). That was followed by an inability to select my 2MM gift due to glitches on their website, followed by the admin team never following through and then saying "too bad, too late" after I reached out about that issue.

But the crew when I hit the next road warrior milestone was terrific. Even though 2.5MM is not an official threshold, I asked the crew on that flight from ATL-SAN to let me know when we passed X mile point. The crew asked if that was my 1MM flight and when I told them that actually it was 2.5MM, they went out of their way to acknowledge it. The captain made an announcement when we reached that point and the cabin crew led a round of applause, signed a card for me and popped the prosecco for FC. Cost them nothing - but meant a lot to me and their enthusiasm to help me celebrate was much appreciated.
CO-PLAT, JojaFlyer and awonderer like this.
Old Oct 26, 2023 | 11:07 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles Diamond. Skyteam Elite Plus. Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I recently passed 3 MM and not a peep from anyone at 1, 2, or 3.
IndyDave and rcsgeorgia like this.
Old Oct 26, 2023 | 1:13 pm
Original Poster
50 Countries Visited2M60 Nights15 Years on Site

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by pbjag
When I crossed 2MM some years back, the "acknowledgement" onboard was having an uncharacteristically sour FA wag her finger "no" at me
Deltalina?
mbluecpa, jimrpa, pbjag and 3 others like this.
Old Oct 27, 2023 | 7:35 am

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
Hit 4 million last month - Nothing other than the email. Same for 1, 2, and 3.
IndyDave and rcsgeorgia like this.
Old Oct 27, 2023 | 9:04 am
20 Years on Site

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Nothing for me when I passed 1 and 2
rcsgeorgia likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2023 | 9:53 am

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by safigan
Deltalina?
Ha! No, Deltalina would have had a smile on her face rather than a scowl!
Old Oct 28, 2023 | 7:08 am
30 Countries Visited40 Nights3M15 Years on Site

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
As an introvert I would be so embarrassed and humiliated that I would quickly fake an illness and immediately exit the flight. I am thrilled that my threshold came from an Amex status boost. A bunch of strangers dont need to know my business.
Originally Posted by DrMilano
Not sure what sydneyracquelle will do in the future as you will cross your next MM status in the air, not at home swiping AmEx cards as no more MQM boost in 2024.
To each his/her own. I am extremely introverted and would be absolutely livid if DL called any attention to me in front of a plane full of strangers.
Itll be an interesting one to see play out. Delta makes all the fanfare, sydneyracquelle deplanes followed by the milestone not being reached since the flight was not taken. Try it again on a different date and do a repeat of the ordeal. How many times will it take before Delta misses the opportunity for the fanfare?
DrMilano and awonderer like this.
Old Oct 28, 2023 | 8:00 am
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by cre95
Itll be an interesting one to see play out. Delta makes all the fanfare, sydneyracquelle deplanes followed by the milestone not being reached since the flight was not taken. Try it again on a different date and do a repeat of the ordeal. How many times will it take before Delta misses the opportunity for the fanfare?
Remove my ff number from the reservation and after the flight ask for retroactive credit. 😊

95% of people appreciate the recognition. But there are 5% of us deep introverts who would feel humiliated being the center of attention. Cant help it.
hhdl likes this.

Last edited by sydneyracquelle; Oct 28, 2023 at 8:31 am
Old Oct 28, 2023 | 11:37 pm

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); formerly LEXington, KY; still like the nym
Programs: DL Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
I
Remove my ff number from the reservation and after the flight ask for retroactive credit. 😊
But there are 5% of us deep introverts who would feel humiliated being the center of attention.
I am right there with you 110%. I hate being pointed out, for whatever reason. People who want to be famous creep me out.
busdriver11 likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2023 | 12:03 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited

Funny, this must be a new thing. Me and my husband hit 2MM a couple of years ago, no acknowledgement. In fact, the flight that I hit it, the gate agent said,Thank you for your MM status as I was boarding the flight, and I responded,Actually, Im going over 2MM this flight. Dont remember if I even got upgraded that flight, likely not. But Im an introvert, I would not have liked making a big deal about it. Someone mentioning it would have been nice, but I assumed that they didnt track it.
Old Oct 30, 2023 | 6:44 pm

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
I am of the persuasion that Paul Theroux once wrote about, that anonymity was a virtue of the solo traveller. Passed 5 mm a few years ago flying TPA-ATL with a nervous, rookie FA sent to my seat to say apparently you have a bunch of miles and they told me to say thank you. The Tumi bag was also pretty nice.

Will report on the belated 360 experience for 24.
hhdl likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2023 | 8:51 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: Delta SM, 1MM; Alaska Gold 100K
I haven't flown Delta much lately, but was able to get on the NEO this past weekend, JFK-LAX. No PDB of course, and the lead FA seemed a bit confused announcing we were flying to Atlanta on a "7-300". The Delta One service was okay,
although as many others have already described. My return was on a 767-300 (which surprisingly felt more comfortable than the NEO). The crew on that LAX-JFK flight seemed more affable, and although no PDB again even with early boarding and departure (left gate and went almost immediately to departure runway).

I am a Million Miler from some time ago and flown Delta very infrequently in the past few years, but received a nice note from the crew acknowledging the status and loyalty.
Old Nov 27, 2023 | 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by mrnewton
I haven't flown Delta much lately, but was able to get on the NEO this past weekend,
Note that DL has two Airbus "NEOs" and it is often used to refer to A321Neo which would be a definite letdown on JFK-LAX. I now see you were referring to the A339Neo instead -- https://www.flightaware.com/live/fli...839Z/KJFK/KLAX
audidudi likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2023 | 2:47 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
I would prefer a ride in the Porsche than the balloon thingie.
NOLAnwGOLD and tardyturtle like this.
Old Nov 27, 2023 | 3:04 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Got off a flight DCA > ATL a couple of days ago. There was an agent with a little sign that said 2Million Miler and some kind of gift wrapped package just inside the terminal as we got off. I stopped to watch. Agent stopped the passenger, said thank you and gave him the gift. After he got the gift, I walked up, shook his hand and said "Welcome to the club." Think he was more pleased with the recognition from a fellow pax, then the very perfunctory greeting from the DL agent.
NOLAnwGOLD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.