DL IT outage - CrowdStrike - July 2024

Old Aug 2, 2024, 8:08 am

Update. Received full reimbursement for hotel, meals and transportation. Less than week. Pretty good, I would say
DrMilano, ohhleary and hhdl like this.
Old Aug 2, 2024, 9:03 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles

Programs: DL (duh), AA 1MM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DrMilano
Some of us received multiple e-mails for “inconvenience” Skymiles, one 12,500 and two 10,000 deposits. Miles are irrelevant as I just want my reimbursement for my additional expenses and EU261 compensation. Might have to reach out to David Boies if Delta gives me pushback, as 1 hr of his time is less than my total claim (jkd as I know he represents Delta and would tell me to go pound sand).
Can you help me understand how this relates to the post I responded to?
hhdl likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2024, 9:19 am

Programs: DL 2MM/DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by emma dog
Can you help me understand how this relates to the post I responded to?
Some people are receiving multiple e-mails for goodwill Skymiles deposits, as it is possible that there will be additional deposits for the affected traveler who you responded to.
emma dog likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2024, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hoffmich45
Update. Received full reimbursement for hotel, meals and transportation. Less than week. Pretty good, I would say
Meanwhile, I'm on Day 9 of waiting for what was a very simple, straightforward reimbursement (one alternative flight and one hotel invoice).
Old Aug 2, 2024, 2:21 pm

Programs: Whatever AMEX Plat comes with... I buy on price.. Spirit Big Front Seat, want First/buy First
Don't know if they are being overly generous given the last week, but this morning I got a text at 3am that my 9pm flight is delayed 45 minutes. I went on the app mid-day to chat to DL just to ask why. The person told me MX and immediately gave me 3000 miles along with a link to the complaint form and apologized that as chat agents they are limited in what they do. I didn't ask for anything... literally just said why's the flight delayed? Seemed a little odd.
Old Aug 2, 2024, 2:50 pm

This was sent to Delta employees today, we should also request positive space passes. @xJonNYC
lindros2 and DLASflyer like this.
Old Aug 2, 2024, 3:05 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Wonder if delta is going to sue its CIO and CISO too…
DrMilano and ohhleary like this.
Old Aug 2, 2024, 3:16 pm

Programs: NW GE
Originally Posted by emma dog
This premium may not have existed on Saturday, either… you paid for a flight on Friday because that’s when you wanted to travel. (Like everyone else). Unfortunately you only get the goodwill that delta is giving everyone valued at 10-12.5k pesos.
actually I know that it did because I looked at the day flights as well when initially booking (same pricing on sat nonstop as Fri nonstop at the time of booking), but I get your point.

i suppose if I pay a premium for a flight leaving at a desirable time (say noon) and get delayed and arrive much later time when the less desirable 9p flight arrives i wouldnt expect partial refund, id just expect whatever goodwill they’re willing to give.

i dont think 12500 skypesos is sufficient for a nearly 24h delay on a $1600 FC ticket for two DMs, will do as you suggest and follow up after the hotel/food is reimbursed and request additional goodwill ECV
emma dog, lindros2 and strickerj like this.
Old Aug 2, 2024, 10:03 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
I received my reimbursement claim(s) about a week after filing them.
I say "claim(s)" because I had to submit two different ones. After completing my first item, I hit the giant eye-catching "Submit" button rather than the hidden "Add more expenses" button. So I submitted a 2nd report with the rest.

They rejected all my Lyft/Uber rides, but I think I may have inadvertently listed them as "Hotel" expenses, so I resubmitted those. We'll see how it goes.
Old Aug 3, 2024, 4:11 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Diamond
How did you get reimbursed? I have a claim listed as closed on July 27 but never got an email or any communication from them. Are they mailing checks. I did get an email on another claim when it was denied as the screenshot receipt I sent of Southwest flight did not list destination. I assume if they close it without sending an email it is approved.
Old Aug 3, 2024, 4:45 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles

Programs: DL (duh), AA 1MM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DltaSchmlta
How did you get reimbursed? I have a claim listed as closed on July 27 but never got an email or any communication from them. Are they mailing checks. I did get an email on another claim when it was denied as the screenshot receipt I sent of Southwest flight did not list destination. I assume if they close it without sending an email it is approved.
I filed my claim through the Delta.com page that's been quoted above. Approximately one week later, I received two emails: one from Delta saying it was approved and a second from JPMorgan where I had to enter info such as my email address, last name, and trip PNR. That site allows you to link your bank account which provided instant payment to my non-Chase checking account.

FWIW, it wouldn't accept my PNR... you have to play with the capitalization. Also, whomever entered in the payment substituted an "S" for a "5". If you don't collect the payment, they'll mail it to your official mailing address in 15 days (IIRC).
lindros2 likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2024, 2:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Delta Sky Miles, and S&H Green Stamps
Okay. I submitted expenses for reimbursement through delta.com. Two travelers on July 19th with multiple delays and a canceled flight rebooked for July 20 with a delay and a canceled flight. I am being reimbursed, in full, for the hotel, Groome shuttle, and Uber. Our dinner and breakfast (both including alcohol) were reimbursed at 80% of the total and I'm okay with that. We bought flights on Southwest for $943.96 total. Delta is reimbursing $222.76 on that expense which is the difference between the fully refunded canceled flight on Delta and the cost of the Southwest flight.

We got our checked baggage three to four days later. Overall, we're happy.
Old Aug 3, 2024, 3:36 pm

I uploaded all of the receipts as a 20+ PDF with a cover letter, received the following response 7 days latter “The submitted transportation receipt is missing information that is required for processing. Please ensure transportation receipts show a transaction date, amount, currency and pickup/drop-off locations.”

I have zero patience for a hubris organization, that I will submit my uploaded PDF as a complaint to the DOT and have Delta explain this. Delta really knows how to upset passengers, as answering a DOT complaint is an additional employee expense and will just add to Delta’s future DOT fine—especially with Delta throwing fuel on the fire that they are lawyer up for litigation.
phatpaw and strickerj like this.

Last edited by DrMilano; Aug 3, 2024 at 5:35 pm
Old Aug 3, 2024, 5:31 pm

Programs: DL DM-1MM
I uploaded two Lyft receipts that showed the transaction date, the pickup/dropoff, and the full value of the ride plus it even shows I used Paypal to pay. This was for my travel home on Sunday night after they cancelled my flight 40 minutes prior to scheduled departure, and heading back to the airport on Tuesday morning to catch my rescheduled flights. I got this....

"The submitted transportation receipt is missing information that is required for processing. Please ensure transportation receipts show a transaction date, amount, currency and pickup/drop-off locations."

I'm not sure I could really dislike Delta anymore than I do right now. I figured my two expenses were rather straight forward and wouldn't even make a dent in things.
DrMilano and strickerj like this.

Last edited by phatpaw; Aug 3, 2024 at 5:52 pm
Old Aug 3, 2024, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by phatpaw
I uploaded two Lyft receipts that showed the transaction date, the pickup/dropoff, and the full value of the ride plus it even shows I used Paypal to pay. This was for my travel home on Sunday night after they cancelled my flight 40 minutes prior to scheduled departure, and heading back tot he airport on Tuesday morning to catch my rescheduled flights. I got this....

"The submitted transportation receipt is missing information that is required for processing. Please ensure transportation receipts show a transaction date, amount, currency and pickup/drop-off locations."

I'm not sure I could really dislike Delta anymore that I do right now. I figured my two expenses were rather straight forward and wouldn't even make a dent in things.
Same here, uploaded 3 train tickets (JFK air tram, LIRR and Amtrak), invoices and credit card posting, AA flight invoice and credit card posting, and two (2) curb receipts that has the pick up and drop off. I suspect that Delta is using some inferior form of AI, but Ed Bastian will claim “I thought we had the best”.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.