Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Skymiles Num on Reservation: How to Change to World Perks

Old Jun 15, 2003 | 8:56 am
Original Poster
20 Years on Site

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium

My Skymiles number is already posted on the upcoming 6 itineraries booked on delta.com How can I change these online to Worldperks numbers or must I do that at the gate?

Also can i still get the delta 1000 mile award for booking on the website and then changing that number to worldperks.

20 segment qualification here I come!
Old Jun 15, 2003 | 9:05 am
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
My suggestion is that you change it at the gate. I have done this in the past and still wound up with the on line booking credit. If you call DL now and change it, less likely to get the online booking credit.

Maybe someone who knows the actually credit programming can chime in?
Old Jun 15, 2003 | 9:34 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited20 Years on Site

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by beofotch:
20 segment qualification here I come!</font>
from nwa.com: Segments flown on Delta will not count towards Elite Qualifying Segments in the WorldPerks program. also worth noting that they need to be full-fare or near-full-fare if flown on NW/CO. for true segment qualification, i think you're stuck with nonepass.

[This message has been edited by Seat1A (edited 06-15-2003).]
Old Jun 16, 2003 | 7:50 am

Programs: UA Gold
You cannot get the booking bonus on DL and have your flight credited towards WPerks. Trying to give your NW number at the gate will most likely not work (the few times I have flown DL this year, I tried to give my UA number at the gate, but it still credited to DL).

Best thing to do is decide if you want your NW miles or DL miles. If you want the NW, then you will have to call DL and get them to input it well before your flight. Good thing about that is they can change it at one time for all six itineraries. Unfortunately, if you are a medallion on DL, you won't get the benefits because you SM number isn't in your account). If you want to try to upgrade or anything like that, they need your SM number IN your account, and then you won't get your NW credits.
Old Jun 16, 2003 | 1:16 pm
Original Poster
20 Years on Site

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Seat1A:
from nwa.com: Segments flown on Delta will not count towards Elite Qualifying Segments in the WorldPerks program. also worth noting that they need to be full-fare or near-full-fare if flown on NW/CO. for true segment qualification, i think you're stuck with nonepass.
[This message has been edited by Seat1A (edited 06-15-2003).]
</font>

Are you certain about this? Do you have a link? Is there anyway to qualify for elite if done through continental instead?
Old Jun 16, 2003 | 1:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta FO
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by beofotch:

Are you certain about this? Do you have a link? Is there anyway to qualify for elite if done through continental instead?
</font>
the CO website said that segments flown on DL count toward elite qualification on CO - not sure if that was an oversight on their part or if its the truth

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.