Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How do you like this ripoff? WP vs SM vs OP

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2009, 11:50 am

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
Originally Posted by gogreyhound
What I find interesting about the OP and his fellow deadenders how much they remind me of Southerners I have known who pass the years fantasizing about how they could have won The War Between the States. ...... just like the Confederacy still hasn't won.
Nice analogy, wrong war. Let's try WWII. Germany may have lost, but the US took some very nice German developments such as the autobahn and their rocket program (to name only two) to bring to this country. That is why we have the Interstate system, space program, missle defense system.

What frustrates the NW flyer community is not the fact that DL "won." Almost all of us probably thought it was a good idea. We all got excited when Delta said it was going to combine the best of the two. What got the complaints going was the fact that the opposite occured. It appears that Delta took the worst of both programs to combine less than a program than NW flyers previously enjoyed.

What is interesting to me is that more Deta flyers do not endorse the NW flyer complaints to actually have a program that is better than they had previously. Just because you won, does not mean you can not take something from the loser.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by channa
I'm going to have to disagree here. In my experience, the availability is nearly identical, it's just the websites' various quirks that cause display issues problems.
If you called CO and asked for the LAX-SYD flight that DL.com shows, you could likely get it. Similarly, if you called DL asking for the CO flight that CO.com shows, you could likely get it.
While technically there can be discrepancies among what airlines release to each other, in my experience, they are very rare, and most can be booked with a knowledgeable agent.

I agree. It seems to me hat the discripancy is likely due to delta.com award tool acting weirdly. I always have to try repeat my search several times in a row to finally see availabilities on CO, AF or other partners that do no show at the first search. Sometimes I even have to use the "multicity" function (despite same cities of arrival and departure) to magicaly see TATL CO flights Business at 100K available where the regular search does not show any CO flight available, but only DL and at a higher price. go figure
I guess, the other possibility is to call...
Old Jun 15, 2009, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL DM (and NRSA), UA NA, HH Dia, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by redtailshark
EDI-EWR for 3 in Y, July 24th. Methodology: enter search for award, default settings on each website. Not logged on as elite on any of the systems.
What did you use for the return trip? DL doesnt allow for a one way award.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.