Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Eco-conscious Travel
Reload this Page >

Do you have a reusable water bottle you’d recommend?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2024, 6:04 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist

My first collapsible one collapsed too much and was awkward to use. My next one was hard to clean. Any you really like and would recommend?
Old Jul 20, 2024, 8:31 am
Community Director Emerita

What features do you want? I know you are a big hiker and likely have criteria that is different than mine. Are you looking for a collapsible water container? One that fits easily in your backpack? If so, I can't be helpful. If not, I love my HydroFlask. The top is important to me. I like one with a flip up lid that makes it easy to drink the water, then reclose the can. I like a lid with a handle that I can slip a finger thru and carry easily. The HydroFlask has these features.

SPN Lifer, l etoile and lamphs like this.
Old Jul 20, 2024, 1:37 pm

I received a Stanley All Day Slim bottle for my birthday, and I love it. It is 3 pieces, instead of 2, and the tapered section between the main body of the bottle and the cap twists off, so you can get a brush into it to get it really clean between uses. That also creates a very wide mouth into which you can put multiple ice cubes, and the insulation is quite good, so cold drinks stay cold for many hours.

https://www.stanley1913.com/products...m-bottle-34-oz
l etoile and lamphs like this.
Old Jul 29, 2024, 10:16 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
....Stanley All Day Slim bottle
Stanley's website touts Leakproof design, but I am curious if the shoulder threads are reliably watertight?

Old Aug 4, 2024, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Stanley's website touts Leakproof design, but I am curious if the shoulder threads are reliably watertight?
Mine spent a day getting tossed around in my backpack and there was no leakage.
mia and l etoile like this.

Last edited by CDTraveler; Aug 14, 2024 at 8:23 pm
Old Aug 9, 2024, 9:12 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
I love my
Tiger bottle Tiger bottle
with fliptop for its weight, slim profile and one-handed convenience. There is also a lock that prevents the lid from accidentally opening in your bag. For hot beverages I have a similar bottle from Thermos Japan that has an additional drinking cup that screws on over the top. This
Zojirushi Zojirushi
is something similar but the Thermos Japan one actually is leakproof. If temperature is not an issue, and you're just drinking water, I like
Platypus Platypus
bottles as they impart no flavour to the water unlike other collapsible bottles.
l etoile likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2024, 8:22 pm

I decided I liked my Stanley All Day Slim water bottle so much that I bought two more, to give as Christmas gifts.
l etoile likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2024, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by tcl
I love my Tiger bottle with fliptop for its weight, slim profile and one-handed convenience. There is also a lock that prevents the lid from accidentally opening in your bag. For hot beverages I have a similar bottle from Thermos Japan that has an additional drinking cup that screws on over the top. This Zojirushi is something similar but the Thermos Japan one actually is leakproof. If temperature is not an issue, and you're just drinking water, I like Platypus bottles as they impart no flavour to the water unlike other collapsible bottles.
I like the Zojirushi Stainless Steel flip cap with lock which is similar to the Thermos but the lock is horizontal. I keep it in a bottle cover to cushion it from some other gear in my backpack. They also offer similar models with non-stick interior coating. I also have a 200ml twist top Thermos bottle for my crossbody purse and they make a few even smaller than that. I do travel with both sometimes and put something like a snack in the tiny one when packing it.

Owala has a suck or sip bottle with an insulated hinged lid and I overheard that it might be the current popular thing (after Stanley Cup craze).

My collapsible one is Vapur but I might replace it with a Montbell Flex Water pack when it breaks. The Vapur comes in 0.5, 0.7, 1.0, and 1.5 L. Montbell's Flex is 1.0, 1.5, 2.0 L and I believe it fits a Katadyn filter if hiking & weight matters.
Old Aug 28, 2024, 6:49 am

Programs: AA,BNV,HIL
Just as important is cleaning it. I use the organic (OK organic style) cleaning tablets regularly to scrub the bottom. They also work great for coffee carafes with narrow openings.
l etoile likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.