Wiki Posts
Search

The EK Wine Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2024, 12:14 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NYC1
You will have it. I had it recently and it was fantastic (I'm into wines, not labels; 2008 is one of the best vintages for Champagne in the last couple of decades and the rose is breathtaking). Enjoy!
Originally Posted by jackiedada
Was on my flight ex JFK last week. Didn't bother.
Thanks for the datapoints!
I'm not a big fan of "standard" Dom so interested to give the Rose (and P2 later this year) a try.

But as I sit here in the LGA United Club sipping on Moet that I had to pay for, even regular Dom does sound great right now!
Old Jul 26, 2024, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by S.R
Would think JFK is premium enough of a route for the Rose!
My observation with EK is that the price-point of the wine selection has very little to do with the yield of the route. It’s just rotation. Sometimes wines on the London routes (which are probably amongst the airline’s flagship routes given the frequencies and fares) are worse than minor Asian destinations, and vice versa. I don’t mind as it keeps things diverse and interesting.

As an example, I recall having Dom P2 available on a flight from Seychelles but not on the onward connection to London Heathrow.

What is typically well thought-through is the presence of a couple of wines that relate to the destination. South African flights would have at least two South African wines, Italy would have a couple of Italian, etc… I like it as it is a nod to the destination and it shows great attention by the airline. Thankfully we haven’t had to endure British wines yet on the UK routes
Old Aug 22, 2024, 9:35 am

Just spotted a Vega Unico 2006 at FCL A.

onenation1994a likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2024, 11:39 am

Is there a general rule on how far in advance F wine lists are finalized? Couldn't find an answer searching through the forum. Flying on EK 203 on October 2nd. When I booked the flight a few weeks ago there was a full list. About 10 days ago all but one red wine disappeared (Sassicaia '14 ). The wine list has remained unchanged for my earlier flight to DXB. Should I expect that to stay the same or is that also likely to change?
Old Aug 24, 2024, 7:30 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by msj1
Is there a general rule on how far in advance F wine lists are finalized? Couldn't find an answer searching through the forum. Flying on EK 203 on October 2nd. When I booked the flight a few weeks ago there was a full list. About 10 days ago all but one red wine disappeared (Sassicaia '14 ). The wine list has remained unchanged for my earlier flight to DXB. Should I expect that to stay the same or is that also likely to change?
I have found the wine list on MMB to be quite unreliable. Quite a few items seem to disappear and then appear again. On occasion even the Dom is missing from the list....
Don't worry too much about it would be my advice. Stress about things you can influence and this is not one of them.
msj1 likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2024, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by msj1
Is there a general rule on how far in advance F wine lists are finalized?
In my experience, whatever is published in the 5 days prior to departure almost never changes nowadays.

Moreover, I typically book within 4 weeks from departure and I find the wine lists for first class within that timeframe to be fairly reliable. While in the past I witnessed more swaps/changes, over the past couple of years I noticed that wines tend to be added rather than changed (again, within 3 to 4 weeks prior to departure).
msj1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.