Search

Skywards points available

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2005, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, QF.
Skywards points available

Hi everyone,
this is my forst time on the forum; We are planning a trip LHR - BNE in August 2006, and I've been checking out all the points deals. I don't fly much between big trips, so will be relying on credit card deals etc to get some points together to help the trip. I hope to use my points to upgrade from normal economy to World Traveller Plus on BA. My wife has 12,000 Skywards points from her trip LHR - PER last year, which I can't fit into any points scheme I can think of. Is there any sort of "market" for points that can't be used? Obviously, it would be nice to trade them for OneWorld points.

Cheers
Rick.
Old Mar 21, 2005, 1:02 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

AFAIK, you can't transfer Skywards miles. You can only redeem them against Emirates (or their partners) for flights or upgrades.

Cheers,
Rick
Old Mar 29, 2005, 3:27 pm

Programs: Centurion, VS Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by rkenyon
AFAIK, you can't transfer Skywards miles. You can only redeem them against Emirates (or their partners) for flights or upgrades.
Cheers,
Rick

Rick:

Does Emirates require you to buy full fare economy fares in order to use miles to upgrade?

thanks
Old Mar 29, 2005, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by razflyer
Rick:

Does Emirates require you to buy full fare economy fares in order to use miles to upgrade?

thanks
I hope Rick (rkenyon) will not be angry if I answer the questione, because I have done it several times before:

On Emirates you can upgrade from every discounted fare, I think there are no restrictiones.
Last month I upgraded three economy fare class "K" tickets to J three weeks before the flight.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, QF.
What was thr trip, and how many points did you ned to upgrade?
Thanks.
Old Mar 30, 2005, 6:54 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by studyolic
Thanks.
It cost me 115K points to upgrade the following to J class :-

MAN-DXB-BKK-HKG-DXB-MAN

The BKK-HKG is still in Y, but all the others are J.

There is a very good facility on the Skywards site for calculating how many miles you need for each sector.

Cheers,
Rick
Old Mar 30, 2005, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by studyolic
Thanks.
Düsseldorf - Dubai = 25 000 miles for one upgrade from Y to J.

I took my parents with me. Because it was a special trip for them, I upgraded us all to business class.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 2:51 pm

Programs: Centurion, VS Gold, BA Gold
[QUOTE=dusordua]On Emirates you can upgrade from every discounted fare, I think there are no restrictiones.[QUOTE]

Wow...does that mean I can book a package with a hotel and economy EK flights and then upgrade my flight?
Old Apr 1, 2005, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Yep. I know many people that have done it.

Emirates is one of the best airline when it comes to flexibilty. Their fare codes almost mean nothing. V / Q fares (most restricted) can be changed on most sectors (not including LHR-DXB) for $0 and stopovers are free
Old Apr 2, 2005, 12:04 pm

[QUOTE=razflyer][QUOTE=dusordua]On Emirates you can upgrade from every discounted fare, I think there are no restrictiones.

Wow...does that mean I can book a package with a hotel and economy EK flights and then upgrade my flight?

I am not sure about packages, because I never booked one, but I think it will be o.k.
Do you know in which fare class the package flight will be booked?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.