Wiki Posts
Search

Long layover in AUH - advice

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2017, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Long layover in AUH - advice

This Sunday evening I'm arriving at AUH at 2325, connecting on to the AUH-LHR flight at 0810 on Monday morning (both in J).

To my mind I have a few options:
-Get a room in the airside Airport Hotel for a few hours
-Go through the immigration shenanigans and head to the Premier Inn (EU passport so can get visa on arrival) - I've heard this may be a quieter solution than the transit hotel
-Take the risk and expect the J lounge to be quiet after 0200, and then find somewhere quiet to collapse for a few hours

What do the experienced AUH transitters recommend?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Emirates Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Where are you arriving from?

Assuming your incoming flight isn't too long, I'd have shisha and some drinks in downtown Abu Dhabi then head back to the airport.

If its a long flight you're basically Scr**ed, but getting a hotel (outside the airport) and sleeping is definitely preferable. Exiting AUH on visa exemption (its not visa on arrival, its an exemption) is very very fast.

If you have a J paid ticket, EY will pay for your room, look up premium stopover on their website.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by akalra1187
Where are you arriving from?

Assuming your incoming flight isn't too long, I'd have shisha and some drinks in downtown Abu Dhabi then head back to the airport.

If its a long flight you're basically Scr**ed, but getting a hotel (outside the airport) and sleeping is definitely preferable. Exiting AUH on visa exemption (its not visa on arrival, its an exemption) is very very fast.

If you have a J paid ticket, EY will pay for your room, look up premium stopover on their website.
I'm arriving from Mumbai so it's a pretty short flight (2.5 hours).

Sadly it's an upgraded ticket so no chance of a free hotel room paid for by EY!

So if I don't want to go in to the city, would you agree I'm better off going to the Premier Inn as opposed to the transit hotel?
Old Apr 21, 2017, 5:46 am

Id go premier inn its only five minute walk and nice and comfy for a few hours sleep
Old Apr 24, 2017, 1:12 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
I usually go to the Premier Inn. It's perfectly acceptable for a decent night's sleep and very reasonably priced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.