Search

Paris rail travel during Olympics, disruption

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2024, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, IHG PA, Hilton Sucks, Hyatt Discoverist
Paris rail travel during Olympics, disruption

Hi everybody,
Hard to believe there's no thread here right now regarding the Paris rail travel disruptions due to vandalism/terrorism during the Olympics.
As I understand it, the rail damage and disruption is all basically on the side west of Paris; and that the rail to the east of Paris is unaffected (?).
So, for example, my wife and MIL are currently in Amsterdam, and they are scheduled to depart from CDG on Monday July 29th. Originally, they were going to take the train from Amsterdam to Paris on Sunday. That should be OK, right?
I really hope that they'll be OK to keep their Monday flight too!
-cmhsieh54

Last edited by cmhsieh54; Jul 26, 2024 at 7:45 pm
Old Jul 27, 2024, 1:55 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Disruptions were everywhere, not just West. However the SNCF seems to have done an incredible job to resume services and as of today. only the West is still disrupted but those are delays mostly.
farci likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2024, 2:30 am

Programs: Flying Blue (plat), Eurobonus (gold), Accor (plat), Bonvoy (plat)
Originally Posted by cmhsieh54
Hi everybody,
Hard to believe there's no thread here right now regarding the Paris rail travel disruptions due to vandalism/terrorism during the Olympics.
As I understand it, the rail damage and disruption is all basically on the side west of Paris; and that the rail to the east of Paris is unaffected (?).
This isn't really about Paris but France more widely : North, West and East.
The Eastern side isn't too affected as some diversion routes remain available.
This is more challenging for North and West.

So, for example, my wife and MIL are currently in Amsterdam, and they are scheduled to depart from CDG on Monday July 29th. Originally, they were going to take the train from Amsterdam to Paris on Sunday. That should be OK, right?
Unless normal traffic resumes on Monday (not clear yet) they need to factor a 90 min delay to remain on the safe side, as either their train is to get delayed on the high speed line (as signalling systems are affected they need to run at a very low speed on a few kilometres) or diverted through the conventional line between Arras and Paris
farci likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.