Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air Royal Laurel Meals 2013 - 2021

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
The number of spelling errors is disturbingly impressive.

Originally Posted by kpottermn
Here’s the menu for an upcoming flight on BR55 (ORD-TPE). Anything stick out? I’m leaning toward the noodle soup while the fiancé is thinking Chilean sea bass.

Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
Originally Posted by royng
I will be flying HKG-TPE BR810 (21:45 departure) and TPE-HKG BR871 (16:40 departure) ....
Back from the flights and time for photos and brief reports-

HKG-TPE BR810 normal meal
Pan Fried Chicken Breast Wrapped with Bacon in Onion-Brown Sauce Served with Gratinated Red Skin Potatoes and Mixed Vegetables.
Choices of bread from basket
With fruit and coffee flavoured apple and almond crumble cake
(嫩煎培根雞胸捲佐洋蔥布朗醬佐配焗烤紅皮洋芋及鮮蔬集錦
麵包
水果, 蘋果杏仁咖啡可倫坡蛋糕)

TPE-HKG BR871 Special meal: vegetarian oriental
Bean curd with minced shiitake mushroom, rice with diced vegetable, slices of baby bamboo, red carrot, beans and shimeji mushroom
Fruit and assorted vegetables
Bread roll (no choice; but can request from bread basket)
---------------------------
Both meals were passable. Nothing particularly tasty (chilli oil which was requested separately saved the day). Fruits were fresh.
Attached Images    
Old Sep 23, 2018, 1:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Has anyone tried the eggs benedict for breakfast and the potato crusted sea bass for dinner?
Old Sep 29, 2018, 1:17 am

XO Lobster with egg fried rice (BR35) would be a hard pass for me in the future. The rice was good, the sauce was good, but the lobster tail preparation left a lot to be desired. It was difficult to extract from the shell and didn't have much flavor.

OTOH, the beef burger "snack" was a far better meal. It was huge and came with nice fries (although a bit soggy).

I slept through breakfast, so no review on the congee unfortunately.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Has anyone tried the eggs benedict for breakfast and the potato crusted sea bass for dinner?
Had Eggs Benedict last year on JFK-TPE(same dish that is just rotated). The Hollandaise sauce and parma ham were nice, but the muffin was very chewy and tasted like cardboard(not surprising) and the poached egg was almost solid in the yolk(lumpy bits in the yolk already). The spinach they served it with was really good though.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by hayzel7773
Had Eggs Benedict last year on JFK-TPE(same dish that is just rotated). The Hollandaise sauce and parma ham were nice, but the muffin was very chewy and tasted like cardboard(not surprising) and the poached egg was almost solid in the yolk(lumpy bits in the yolk already). The spinach they served it with was really good though.
Thank you - maybe I will just stick to the congee or even skip pre-arrival altogether as I will have a snack in the *A lounge, then a full dinner, then my burget+fries then breakfast in the BR or SQ lounge at TPE post-shower. This is why I always fly TPAC in track pants.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
This month inflight snack is pretty pathetic.

In August the roast duck dumpling noodle was excellent in both taste and portion (I actually had two on same flight)

This morning flight had fried rice noodle- while it tastes ok. But was both small and soggy.

Excellent roast duck dumpling noodle soup

Small and soggy- tasted ok.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Eclipsed830

BR007 SFO -> TPE

Lunch

Grilled USDA Prime Beef Fillet Served with Crystal Pink Salt or Veal Jus/Mixed Vegetables/ Roasted Potatoes

Pork with Five Spice Sauce, Sauteed Scallop with King Oyster Mushroom/Mixed Vegetables/Fried Rice with Mushroom

Seared Stuffed Chicken with Apricot and Cheese with Beurre Blanc/Mixed Vegetables/Mushroom Risotto

Stir Fried Lobster with Ginger and Scallion Served with Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice

Stir Fried Beef with Assorted Mushroom in Satay Sauce Served with Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice

Herb Roasted Lamb Chop with Rosemary Apricot Sauce Served with Vegetables and Roasted Potatoes

Braised Duck and Taro with Orange Five Spice Sauce Served with Vegetables and Steamed Rice

Meal service not required

I will decide on-board

Refreshing Meal

Plain Congee Served with Traditional Delicatessens/Egg Pancake with Preserved Egg/Sauteed Snap Peas with Pumpkin

Shiitake Mushroom, Bacon and Swiss Cheese Quiche with Roasted Potatoes

Roasted Herb Sea Bass and Mushroom Ravioli

I will decide on-board

Not sure what I'll get yet. Nothing with the mashed potatos. ha
the stir fried lobster was so much better than I had before (ordered twice previously and each time the lobster was way over cooked rubber).

this time is was done just right.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:38 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by krispykrme

the stir fried lobster was so much better than I had before (ordered twice previously and each time the lobster was way over cooked rubber).

this time is was done just right.
Good to see that this menu will be featured for the 5th year in a row.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 5:31 am

Pre ordered my lobster meal online. Ended up getting 3 courses (appertizer, salad and the main course) with no fruit/ any dessert, no soup. Does it normally happen when we pre-order our main course online?
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:38 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I preordered the lobster and it tasted much better than it looked. I did get the amuse bouche, appetizer, main dish and then was offered fruit with cake for desert.

Originally Posted by flyingismystery
Pre ordered my lobster meal online. Ended up getting 3 courses (appertizer, salad and the main course) with no fruit/ any dessert, no soup. Does it normally happen when we pre-order our main course online?

Old Nov 21, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: BR Diamond, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by Yoshi212
I preordered the lobster and it tasted much better than it looked. I did get the amuse bouche, appetizer, main dish and then was offered fruit with cake for desert.

If you didn’t say that was lobster, I’d have no idea what that pile of brown is.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 7:54 am

Yeah, when it was placed in front of me I was not impressed but the flavor was there and was surprised the amount of actual lobster meat was in it. Improving the look is definitely something BR should look into with this "signature" dish.

Originally Posted by BlackHappy

If you didn’t say that was lobster, I’d have no idea what that pile of brown is.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, BR, BA
Originally Posted by flyingismystery
The flights that depart around midnight are abbreviated and do not include soup.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Dave510
The flights that depart around midnight are abbreviated and do not include soup.
I departed around midnight ex-LAX and received the full meal service including soup.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.