Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Ticket Release

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2023, 3:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, GHA Titanium, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by amiapenguin
Is anyone able to successfully book any J space? I just spent an hour on the phone with Air Canada, and all the dates we tried show up but are unbookable with an unknown error.
Yes, I forced a multicity booking thru with a short leg in Y and the long leg TPE-YYZ in J. Ticketed. Done on Aeroplan despite the multiple errors. Encountered similar errors with several LOT bookings on 5/8.

Couldn't even reach Aeroplan phone line as a 25K. Used my experience forcing the booking thru with those LOT bookings.
Old May 10, 2023, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by amiapenguin
Is anyone able to successfully book any J space? I just spent an hour on the phone with Air Canada, and all the dates we tried show up but are unbookable with an unknown error.
Booked via the Air Canada app, despite having a loading "We are working on your reservation..." page for 5 minutes. I lost patience and ended up restarting the app. At the same time, I received an email confirming my reservation from Air Canada.
Old May 13, 2023, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by weichuw
EVA release 360 days before travel. I believe you might find ticket 5 days prior travel as well.
Thank you. I was looking 360 days before but I guess everyone else was faster than me haha. Maybe I'll have better luck with last minute flights or someone cancelling.
Old May 13, 2023, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by samoyeddillpickle
Thank you. I was looking 360 days before but I guess everyone else was faster than me haha. Maybe I'll have better luck with last minute flights or someone cancelling.
Are you booking a refundable cash fare for now?
Old May 13, 2023, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BBQman98
EVA just dropped a ton of J saver space between TPE and North America through April 2024 according to EF and United search engine, in case that is helpful
Which tools do you find the most helpful when searching for flights? I don't have access to cowtool yet and was wondering if there were other ways to search. I've just been manually searching on the Air Canada website which is obviously not the most efficient haha
Old May 13, 2023, 10:32 am

Which tools do you find the most helpful when searching for flights? I don't have access to cowtool yet and was wondering if there were other ways to search. I've just been manually searching on the Air Canada website which is obviously not the most efficient haha
expert flyer trial, can also pay to setup notifications.
also, use united for monthly calendar view for all *A flights.
samoyeddillpickle likes this.
Old May 13, 2023, 10:33 am

Programs: UA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
United to browse availability on the 30-day award calendar, Expert Flyer to set alerts for specific routes, and seats.aero to search for close-in availability / set alerts based on point-to-point availability.
Old May 16, 2023, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ad2wangnexus
Are you booking a refundable cash fare for now?
No I haven't booked anything yet. Looking to book through aeroplan points. Would you advise I book refundable cash fare first?
Old May 20, 2023, 7:43 pm

Question: How often and in volume does EVA offer business class seats to partner sites for you to book? Is it closer to your planned date or farthest from your planned trip? I am trying to plan for future trip next year to Korea.
Old May 20, 2023, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by Wonchie
Question: How often and in volume does EVA offer business class seats to partner sites for you to book? Is it closer to your planned date or farthest from your planned trip? I am trying to plan for future trip next year to Korea.
They usually release tickets 5 days before departure
Old May 20, 2023, 8:19 pm

Thank you. I am usually a future planner, I guess I have to take the risk and book closer to the date.
Old May 22, 2023, 8:15 pm

BR usually releases 2 J seats 360 days out to Aeroplan, but lately (for May 2024 travel) I find there is only 1 seat is released.
Old May 23, 2023, 3:30 pm

They been releasing 1 more recently
Old May 23, 2023, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by kaiotes
They been releasing 1 more recently
Anybody know why they have only been releasing 1 J or about how long until it will go back to being 2?
Old May 25, 2023, 12:28 am

Anyone's guess. Perhaps summer schedule?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.