Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Royal Laurel Meals 2022 on (post Covid)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2024, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by joelee488
Blue label was served from TPE to YYZ last Dec.. hope the same again in Mar/Apr going the same route again.
Nice. Looking forward to that.
Jm0115 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 5:39 am

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
Br315 tpe-bne 27jan

Lunch after departure from Taipei onboard BR315 to Brisbane. Delicious. Ordered the Seafood Special Meal, no menu description but tasted like pollack. Tender, not overcooked and sauce was well flavoured and very tasty. Rice was delicious. So much better than the Seafood meal ex-Vietnam. I enjoyed it.
HawaiiO and JOnion like this.

Last edited by Strawb; Feb 12, 2024 at 6:12 am
Old Feb 12, 2024, 5:46 am

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club

Second meal before arrival and again it was the Seafood Special. This time it was western style with spaghetti, pumpkin and sweet potato. Grilled fish was perfectly cooked and tender, similar sauce to my earlier meal after take off. Very nice. The butter is exceptional quality on Eva Air.
HawaiiO and JOnion like this.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 8:23 pm

Programs: SQ PPS Solitaire/*G, Starlux Explorer, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Here are the BR67 (TPE-BKK-LHR) choices for later this month:

Carfield and HawaiiO like this.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 5:29 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I have some pictures from my flights SIN-TPE and TPE-VIE End-Jan though I don't recall all the details of what I had like which fish it was (and forgot to take screenshot of the menu). Everything was quite well executed and champagne and wine were pretty good (for Business) as well. I actually prefer BR over SQ in that regard.

All mains were special online menu pre-orders:

Appetizer SIN-TPE

Main SIN-TPE (I selected some fish dish)

Fruits & dessert

TPE-(BKK)-VIE

Soup TPE-(BKK)-VIE

Main dish (again a fish chosen from special online menu) on TPE-(BKK)-VIE

Fruits TPE-(BKK)-VIE

This is the deep-fried lobster dish that I had ordered for the BKK-VIE portion, but given I had already eaten twice and the ungodly hour of our delayed (1hr) departure from BKK, I asked the crew to serve it to me for breakfast instead which they did without issues.

The hot Macha Milk tea, nice.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 10:38 am

Programs: UA 1K / MM
Sorry, no pictures, but my meals IAH-TPE-IAH were fantastic!

Web-ordered Lobster with ginger sauce was a stand out, full lobster tail with delicious light sauce. Menu item US Prime beef was perfectly cooked (medium) and very flavorful. All the sides were excellent both in quality and quantity. I was very impressed with the food, even the congee breakfast was tasty.

TPE-HKG-TPE were equally good but due to the short flight just a bit less dramatic. Entrees stood out (chicken and sea bass) and sides were just as good as the long haul flights.

Overall, I'm very happy I flew EVA for the first time. Food and service did not disappoint.
demue, Jm0115 and DFW1003 like this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 10:43 am

Programs: United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by tomanova
Sorry, no pictures, but my meals IAH-TPE-IAH were fantastic!

Web-ordered Lobster with ginger sauce was a stand out, full lobster tail with delicious light sauce. Menu item US Prime beef was perfectly cooked (medium) and very flavorful. All the sides were excellent both in quality and quantity. I was very impressed with the food, even the congee breakfast was tasty.

TPE-HKG-TPE were equally good but due to the short flight just a bit less dramatic. Entrees stood out (chicken and sea bass) and sides were just as good as the long haul flights.

Overall, I'm very happy I flew EVA for the first time. Food and service did not disappoint.
Did you have lobster and a steak at the same time or separate meals? Sounds great!
Old Mar 12, 2024, 1:16 pm

Below are our choices for our flight from IAH to TPE in April.
Anyone tried the Crispy Duck? I was looking forward to lobster, but I don't think I want it with cheese. Have you tried any of the choices below? If yes, what did you think?
Thanks!

IAH to TPE
Old Mar 16, 2024, 12:31 pm

Any comments on the celebrity chef’s banquet meal EX TPE? Thinking about ordering that instead of regular meal.
Jm0115 likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 7:40 am

JFK-TPE BR 31 for early April:

Dinner (ones with * are the online order only meals):
  • Shrimp Wonton Noodle Soup and Honey Pork (939kcal) with traditional delicatessens
  • Steamed Chicken and Chinese Sausage with Shiitake Mushroom and Steamed Rice (617kcal)
  • Roasted US Prime Beef Filet with Rosemary Brandy Sauce and Parisienne Potatoes (616kcal)
  • Lobster Thermidor with Potatoes (360kcal)*
  • Braised Abalone in Oyster Sauce and Steamed Rice (499kcal)*
  • Steamed Chilean Seabass in Ginger and Green Onion Sauce with Egg Fried Rice (771kcal)*
  • Roasted Lamb Chop with Balsamic Caper Sauce Served and Potatoes (972kcal)*
  • Seared Chicken Breast with Chive Demi Sauce and Potatoes (614kcal)*
DFW1003 likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 7:44 am

Breakfast:
  • Chinese Plain Congee w/ traditional delicatessens, pan fried egg with basil, stir fried chicken with bean curd and asparagus
  • Belgium waffles with strawberries and caramelized bananas
  • Smoked bacon and cheese quiche with mornay sauce
Leisure Delights:
  • Five spice tofu and pork with egg noodles
  • Grilled pesto chicken focaccia
  • Instant noodles
  • Hot chocolate and cookies
Old Mar 17, 2024, 7:50 am

TPE-PEK BR716 Early April:

Main course options (ones with * are the online order only meals):
  • Pan fried halibut fillet with garlic flavoured creamy clam sauce served with buttered red skin potatoes (453kcal)
  • Braised beef brisket with turnip and carrot in superior soy sauce served with noodles (571kcal)
  • Roasted chicken thigh with orange sauce served with egg fried rice (Golden Quality Award Chishang Organic Rice) (570kcal)
  • Created by Chef Ching-Biao, Huang - Braised pork belly with preserved vegetable served with steamed rice (Golden Quality Award Chishang Organic Rice) (741kcal)*
  • Seafood gratin with mornay sauce with linguine pasta (370kcal)*
  • Created by Chef Ching-Biao, Huang - Steamed halibut with chopped chili paste served with multi grain rice (Golden Quality Award Chishang Organic Rice) (679kcal)*
Old Mar 17, 2024, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by ihyilyijclwy

Dinner (ones with * are the online order only meals):
  • Shrimp Wonton Noodle Soup and Honey Pork (939kcal) with traditional delicatessens
  • Steamed Chicken and Chinese Sausage with Shiitake Mushroom and Steamed Rice (617kcal)
  • Roasted US Prime Beef Filet with Rosemary Brandy Sauce and Parisienne Potatoes (616kcal)
  • Lobster Thermidor with Potatoes (360kcal)*
  • Braised Abalone in Oyster Sauce and Steamed Rice (499kcal)*
  • Steamed Chilean Seabass in Ginger and Green Onion Sauce with Egg Fried Rice (771kcal)*
  • Roasted Lamb Chop with Balsamic Caper Sauce Served and Potatoes (972kcal)*
  • Seared Chicken Breast with Chive Demi Sauce and Potatoes (614kcal)*
I have to admit, I prefer your menu from NYC than my menu from IAH!!!
ihyilyijclwy likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Yeah, the ex-IAH menu looks very meh and short on Asian options, which I have come to enjoy on BR.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by dkc192
Yeah, the ex-IAH menu looks very meh and short on Asian options, which I have come to enjoy on BR.
Agreed! I'm curious to try the duck, but I'm not sure if it will reheat well? Anyone tried the duck?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.