Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

AY Platinum Wing Lounge at HEL in non-Schengen area (re-opened 1 June 22)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY Platinum Wing Lounge at HEL in non-Schengen area (re-opened 1 June 22)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2024 | 5:09 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BA Gold, AZ Executive, AF/KL Silver, IHG Diamond, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Prawn risotto

Reindeer burger. The meat patty had great flavor and a nice bite without gristly bits. The fries were so golden I wanted to insure them with Wells Fargo (seriously, my plan to have just a few didn’t work out):

Last edited by kamadzu4; Jul 6, 2024 at 1:30 pm
Old Jul 7, 2024 | 6:04 am
5 Years on Site

Programs: finnair plus platinum

Reindeer burger

Chicken with fries instead of vegetables

Last edited by finnishlad; Jul 7, 2024 at 6:23 am
Old Jul 10, 2024 | 2:38 am
15 Years on Site

Has anyone seen vintage champagne in PW lately? Or did they just copy some out-of-date text to the updated page about lounges?

The website says about PW:
  • An upgraded beverage selection with vintage champagne, signature cocktails and mocktails, wines as well as hot and soft drinks
Old Jul 24, 2024 | 1:47 am
5 Years on Site

Old Jul 24, 2024 | 3:35 am
5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Plip
Has anyone seen vintage champagne in PW lately? Or did they just copy some out-of-date text to the updated page about lounges?

The website says about PW:
  • An upgraded beverage selection with vintage champagne, signature cocktails and mocktails, wines as well as hot and soft drinks
I did request vintage Champagne but was told it’s not available
Old Aug 15, 2024 | 10:49 am

Programs: AY+ Plat
August menu, anyone?
Old Aug 16, 2024 | 2:31 am

Programs: AA - PLT, QR - Gold
August Menu

The Pollock with sauce hollandaise from the buffet is the best option today - just delicious!
Ed Size and SavvyTravel like this.
Old Aug 20, 2024 | 9:00 am
10 Countries Visited

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, Lufthansa Miles&More Senator, SAS EuroBonus Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Hi! Does anyone know why there is this statement on Finnair web without further specification? “You can arrive at Finnair Lounge as early as 3 hours before your flight's scheduled departure time.”

I believe it applies mainly (only?) for purchased lounge access, so not relevant to Platinum Wing. But this specification is missing from information published on web.

From own experience and based OW lounge access policy, the only criterion for eligible FF is and always should be the same-day OW flight.

But I don’t understand why they have this nonsense, vague, but strictly interpretable rule that is never enforced even in place? This is so Finnish! Of course, any moody lounge desk agent could deny entrance. Hopefully, auto-gates are just set to same-day flights…
Carotthat likes this.

Last edited by coolpoker; Aug 20, 2024 at 3:09 pm
Old Aug 20, 2024 | 9:17 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
This misleading is the way to do it in Finland. You just post something that sounds authoritative and ignore the fact that what you post does not hold true at all, and then you hope for the best. Most will do as the poster hopes and the few who know how things are can freely choose whether to follow or ignore.

This was especially rampant during covid when many if not most Finns were made to believe that they are not allowed to travel abroad or that they are forced to wear a face mask on board trains etc.
Old Aug 20, 2024 | 9:31 am
10 Countries Visited

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, Lufthansa Miles&More Senator, SAS EuroBonus Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by ffay005
This misleading is the way to do it in Finland. You just post something that sounds authoritative and ignore the fact that what you post does not hold true at all, and then you hope for the best. Most will do as the poster hopes and the few who know how things are can freely choose whether to follow or ignore.

This was especially rampant during covid when many if not most Finns were made to believe that they are not allowed to travel abroad or that they are forced to wear a face mask on board trains etc.
Yes as said, soo Finnish. Btw has anyone noticed of this “recommendation” rule was in place with the same wording before recent updates connected to changes in Finnair Plus and opening new Schengen lounge? I assume that auto-gates are set to same-day flight, not 3 hours or so…
Old Aug 20, 2024 | 11:07 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by coolpoker
I assume that auto-gates are set to same-day flight, not 3 hours or so…
No idea, but I would assume the same. There are pax with connections longer than 3 hours, and surely they would not be denied lounge access if they appear at the lounge before this "deadline".
Old Aug 21, 2024 | 6:19 pm
30 Countries Visited

Programs: AY Lumo
Originally Posted by ffay005
No idea, but I would assume the same. There are pax with connections longer than 3 hours, and surely they would not be denied lounge access if they appear at the lounge before this "deadline".
It doesn't even have to be the same day flight. I took some family with me to Italy and flying from Oulu we had a lay over in Helsinki for the night before our morning flight.to Italy. They were happy to accept us to the new Platinum corner after our Helsinki flight and again in the morning. At the time (early July), they seemed to have some issues identifying lumo status at the desk. While reading the boarding passes the lady commented that she will let one extra person pass just this one time before I hinted my tickets says four guests. As you see, they bend the rules in your favor all the time, so don't be afraid to try.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2024 | 1:24 am
5 Years on Site

Programs: AY+ Platinum
New menu, anyone?
Old Sep 1, 2024 | 1:54 am
5 Years on Site

September menu

ffay005 and himang like this.
Old Sep 1, 2024 | 2:26 am
5 Years on Site

Buffet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.