Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Economy comfort vs Economy extra legroom

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2023 | 2:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Finnair Plus

I have booked 32J (economy comfort) on A350 HEL-BKK and wonder if I should change this to the seat with extra legroom on exit row (51J).

It will be my first time with finnair economy so I don’t know what the seats are like. I wonder if the the exit row seat can recline or not and whether the armrests are fixed. I can’t find the new finnair layout on SeatGuru either.

I am 178cm tall with a slim/normal build. Any advice will be much appreciated. Thank you!
Old Apr 8, 2023 | 2:30 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Armrests are fixed but they do recline.
Old Apr 8, 2023 | 7:41 am

I'm way taller than you and pick comfort if I'm in Y, the legroom is fine. I also find the exit row a bit narrow and if I recall correctly, it lacks a window on some aircraft.

Look on Aerolopa for the layout (though it will not tell you about the armrest or recline..)
Old Apr 8, 2023 | 10:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mpkz
I'm way taller than you and pick comfort if I'm in Y, the legroom is fine. I also find the exit row a bit narrow and if I recall correctly, it lacks a window on some aircraft.

Look on Aerolopa for the layout (though it will not tell you about the armrest or recline..)
Thank you for letting me know about aerolopa. I have never heard of it before. It looks like this is the layout for my plane.

It looks like 52A or 52L are also good seats as there is window but there is no seat in front. Does anybody know if these two seats also have fixed armrests?

Last edited by EdinEk; Apr 9, 2023 at 3:29 pm
Old Apr 8, 2023 | 11:19 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by EdinEk
It looks like 52A or 52L are also good seats as there is window but there is no seat in front. Does anybody know if these two seats also have fixed armrests?
Yes, at least one of the armrests is fixed as it contains your screen.
Venezuela-Miami likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2023 | 12:14 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), LH Senator, SK Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by EdinEk
Thank you for letting me know a skit aerolopa. I have never heard of it before. It looks like this is the layout for my plane.

I've done 52L and the left armrest had the table/TV. This was a blessing as the fanny pack tourist in 52K got hammered and had no sense of personal space.

Edit: oh, and you can just get up and walk to the bathroom without inconveniencing row 51 too much. 52A/L are much preferable over 51 seats as people tend to queue for the bathroom in front of the latter.
Old Apr 9, 2023 | 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jyrsa
I've done 52L and the left armrest had the table/TV. This was a blessing as the fanny pack tourist in 52K got hammered and had no sense of personal space.

Edit: oh, and you can just get up and walk to the bathroom without inconveniencing row 51 too much. 52A/L are much preferable over 51 seats as people tend to queue for the bathroom in front of the latter.
Thank you so much for sharing this. I was wondering about getting out of the 52 window seat to the bathroom as I usually go quite often. So these two seats now sound superior to the economy comfort seats.

Last edited by EdinEk; Apr 10, 2023 at 2:12 am
Old Apr 13, 2023 | 7:48 am

I'm doing HEL-ICN in a few weeks and was wondering about the difference between "Front Row Seat", "Comfort seat" and "Extra legroom seat" since it has become quite a long flight. What does the legroom situation for the Front Row seat look like? Though it's implied that there is more legroom than on Comfort Seats and it looks like that on aeroLOPA too, it's not advertised like that on the Finnair seat selection. How much more legroom is there compared to the normal Comfort seats?

Are there any other drawbacks when choosing extra legroom seats than being further back in the airplane than in the front row seat but having significantly more legroom there?
Old Apr 13, 2023 | 11:38 am
5 Years on Site

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by xdk88
I'm doing HEL-ICN in a few weeks and was wondering about the difference between "Front Row Seat", "Comfort seat" and "Extra legroom seat" since it has become quite a long flight. What does the legroom situation for the Front Row seat look like? Though it's implied that there is more legroom than on Comfort Seats and it looks like that on aeroLOPA too, it's not advertised like that on the Finnair seat selection. How much more legroom is there compared to the normal Comfort seats?

Are there any other drawbacks when choosing extra legroom seats than being further back in the airplane than in the front row seat but having significantly more legroom there?
I recommend to check out the new cabin and explore it there in 3D.

In general front rows have a wall in front. So there is plenty of space for your thighs. Just maybe not so much for other parts of your leg.
Old Apr 16, 2023 | 8:26 am
40 Countries Visited60 Nights5 Years on Site

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond
To add a "datapoint":
Was sitting in 32C on return flight to HND beginning of the year and as being close to 1,90 m I found those EC seats "sufficient".
Well, it is Eco after all but compared to the regular seats (tried them during boarding) it was definitely much better leg space (did not have chance to "sit-try" emergency exit row though).
mpkz and Purserin painajainen like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.