Wiki Posts
Search

Can I return early?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2004, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Used to be elite in UA, SPG and Hertz...now I'm just a regular guy
Can I return early?

I am returning home, flying into O'Hare, Thursday afternoon. I wanted to rent a car and return it to my local edition Friday morning. Hertz.com says a midsize is $66. This is too high for my taste, so I ran some other combinations. If I rent Thursday afternoon and return Saturday morning, it's $21/day.

My question is, if I returned Friday morning anyway, would they charge me an "early return" fee? It's no big deal, since even if I have to keep the car until Saturday, it's still cheaper than the original scenario. But, I'm wondering if I could save even more $$. Or, am I being unethical here?

Old Mar 2, 2004, 3:28 pm

No can do, raisin. It will be printed on your rental agreement that an early return may be subject to a different rate or words to that effect. My guess if you turned it in the next day the charge would be $66. Why not just keep it the extra day and still save yourself 25 bucks?
Old Mar 3, 2004, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Used to be elite in UA, SPG and Hertz...now I'm just a regular guy
That is exactly what I'll do. Just wanted to see if it was possible to save even more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.