Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two Rentals Same Location Same Time

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2013, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA, AS, AA, DL
Renting multiple cars

I am a long-time Hertz Gold member, and get a great corporate discount. I need to rent three vehicles for a group meeting, but obviously I'm not going to be driving them all simultaneously. I will pay for the alternate drive charges as required.

Will Hertz allow me to book and rent multiple vehicles? I want to pick one up on a Monday, one on the subsequent Friday, and the third on the next day, Saturday. Two will be returned a week later, the final a week after that.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 4:52 am

Programs: Aer Lingus
There is no problem having multiple rentals at the same time. I've just done it myself recently.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 1:48 pm

Programs: national Exec, HERTZ PC, AVIS Chairman
i do it all the time

I have a small biz. I used AP numbers. But Hertz doesn't give company credit for rental days. So I have to go to the HLE or Airport and add auth driver. At one time 6 cars. almost $1800 of CC auth. lol.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 4:21 pm

Two reservations for same pick-up time

So originally I had a Mercedes C class booked at LAS, for $505. A little more than I'd like to spend, but could be worth it.

I'm now worried that it'll just be a base trim, so I booked a 2nd car as just a regular intermediate ($145!).

Is there any issue with keeping both reservations until I walk up to the counter? My ultimate goal is to find out how the Mercedes is equipped (if I even get that specific car). If I don't like it, can I simply take the ICAR reservation?

Surely one of you folks have done this!
Old Jul 1, 2014, 4:54 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Hertz allows you to rent multiple cars at one time so having multiple reservations at the same time is not a problem. You may even want to negotiate an upgrade from your lower priced reservation and see if that works out cheaper for you.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 5:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Southwest A-List, Hertz 5*
It hasn’t happened to me, but I’ve read multiple accounts (on FlyerTalk forums) of people who have had their second reservation cancelled—perhaps because Hertz assumed they were trying to game the system.

And lots of other FT-ers have pointed out that there are legitimate reasons you might have multiple reservations, but nonetheless, unexpected cancellations have happened.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 5:17 pm

Thanks for the responses!

So there really is no issue with having two reservations (when I only plan on having one) as far as Hertz is concerned. Maybe a bit morally wrong though.

If I make the 2nd reservation in my wife's name, I assume they won't cancel it on me, but will I be able to then rent the car in my name? I always assume Hertz charges for additional drivers (even if it's a spouse), and I will be doing 100% of the driving so I don't actually want it in her name.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Ambassador Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by xero9
Thanks for the responses!

So there really is no issue with having two reservations (when I only plan on having one) as far as Hertz is concerned. Maybe a bit morally wrong though.

If I make the 2nd reservation in my wife's name, I assume they won't cancel it on me, but will I be able to then rent the car in my name? I always assume Hertz charges for additional drivers (even if it's a spouse), and I will be doing 100% of the driving so I don't actually want it in her name.
Not sure how Nevada does it, but in California, adding an additional driver is the free and you get all the benefits of your rate (ie. LDW if it was included).

I would just book two reservations and see what happens.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 9:50 pm

I can also attest to Hertz basically canceling one of my reservations in the past - needed a minivan to move things to a storage unit and made a reservation for one (7am to 2pm or something like that) and then had a reward one-way reservation from 230pm to 230pm next day... Basically they cancelled my reward and had to go back and forth to get a new res... Hertz makes it seem like it is impossible to need 2 different types of cars in one day
Old Jul 2, 2014, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by applecow
Not sure how Nevada does it, but in California, adding an additional driver is the free and you get all the benefits of your rate (ie. LDW if it was included).

I would just book two reservations and see what happens.
Extra driver is not free in Nevada unless you have it as a benefit from a specific CDP, such as AAA membership.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 2:23 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Are there any Hertz C-Classes that are not base models?
Old Jul 2, 2014, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by CalItalian
Extra driver is not free in Nevada unless you have it as a benefit from a specific CDP, such as AAA membership.
Even for spouses? I've only rented from two different locations (excluding MCO). One I became good friends with and he always said "don't worry about the extra driver fee!". Other location, I mentioned I knew the guy from the 1st location and he told me not to worry about it either. I wasn't sure if they were both just being nice or if it was complimentary like with Avis.

Originally Posted by Cymro
Are there any Hertz C-Classes that are not base models?
Well that's not reassuring :/ I had a 2010 C300 from Orlando, but now that I think about it, I guess it was just the base model.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 9:41 am

Even for spouses? I've only rented from two different locations (excluding MCO). One I became good friends with and he always said "don't worry about the extra driver fee!". Other location, I mentioned I knew the guy from the 1st location and he told me not to worry about it either. I wasn't sure if they were both just being nice or if it was complimentary like with Avis.
A spouse, significant other or co-worker, does not have to be declared and added to the contract as a second driver. There is no extra driver fee for them. The poster I was responding to didn't know how extra drivers are treated in Nevada (no mention of spouse). In California, any extra driver is free, regardless. It's the law.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by CalItalian
A spouse, significant other or co-worker, does not have to be declared and added to the contract as a second driver. There is no extra driver fee for them. The poster I was responding to didn't know how extra drivers are treated in Nevada (no mention of spouse). In California, any extra driver is free, regardless. It's the law.
Ohhh okay I didn't understand at first. Must be different in Ontario, as each time my wife wanted to drive the car as well, she needed to sign a form as an additional driver. Nice to see Nevada allows it!

Thanks for the info!
Old Jul 2, 2014, 10:08 am

Ohhh okay I didn't understand at first. Must be different in Ontario, as each time my wife wanted to drive the car as well, she needed to sign a form as an additional driver. Nice to see Nevada allows it!

Thanks for the info!
Hopefully this redirects correctly. I snagged it from another thread on additional drivers.
https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/custo...&search=spouse
Click on "Add additional driver for Gold Plus Rewards member"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.