Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two Rentals Same Location Same Time

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2021, 8:51 pm

You can rent two car at the same time. I don’t why hertz allows this but I’ve done it in Chicago at ORD (Jun 2020). I’ve done it multiple times at ORD

I booked using the US website
StuartUK likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 5:19 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Assuming hamd1786 is correct and the system would allow you to have two cars out at once under the same name, there's no reason why you couldn't put both under your Amex Plat CDP. The discount code you use isn't going to impact things one way or another here. If there's any sort of checking, it's going to be on your name and driver's license.
StuartUK likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 1:32 am

Programs: too many
All major rental companies allow multiple rentals at the same time, though the max will differ from one to another...the max I had was 3 rentals, though this was with Avis...every time I rented with Hertz in the end I had to cancel and keep only one.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 3:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Actually, I had two cars reserved in Maui recently. Hertz emailed me about the duplicate and told me to cancel one or they would in 24 hours. That was a first for me.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 3:16 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
Actually, I had two cars reserved in Maui recently. Hertz emailed me about the duplicate and told me to cancel one or they would in 24 hours. That was a first for me.
That's something they've been doing for the last couple of years. It's a separate and distinct issue (having multiple similar reservations) from what's being discussed above (having multiple vehicles checked out simultaneously).

Additionally, if you look at the email you received carefully, you'll see that there was an option there to keep both reservations active.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 3:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Not with Hertz specifically, so take this with a grain of salt, but I had two cars out, from two different airports in two separate states at the same time through National with no issues.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 6:53 pm

Programs: Hertz PC
Not at airports but use to have 6 cars out at once at HLE's for employees. I have my own CDP so would earn the gold points and free cert days both. In my CDP agreement any employee was allowed to drive the cars.
Old May 7, 2021, 5:03 pm

Two cars out at the same time?

From different locations, is it possible for situations now? Been seeing different answers. I’m not 21 yet so can’t really rent from anywhere else other than the hertz group
corolla likes this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 14, 2021 at 3:50 am Reason: merged with existing thread on this topic
Old May 7, 2021, 6:41 pm

Programs: National EE, Avis PP
Yup, I'm doing it right now, but they might ask what for.
doglynx likes this.
Old May 8, 2021, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Sneeaky
Yup, I'm doing it right now, but they might ask what for.
cool thanks!!
Old May 9, 2021, 9:02 am

I had 2 cars back in January this year from the same location in the UK. It only works if you have an additional driver on one of the cars.
Old May 9, 2021, 9:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I’ve done it very many times at Hertz
Old May 10, 2021, 7:59 pm

What do you guys do with multiple cars out at the same time (without an additional driver)?
Old May 11, 2021, 1:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by glostix
What do you guys do with multiple cars out at the same time (without an additional driver)?
Drive them ! I'll give you a simple example:

We are at our place in Florida for a month. Rent a car for the whole period. I travel to Houston for some meetings. Rent a car at the airport for two days. Two cars are out in my name at the same time.
m907 likes this.
Old May 13, 2021, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA PE
Two Rentals Same Location Same Time

I will be traveling with my wife and there will be times during our trip that we will need to be going different places with the car. I have 2 reservations for the same location under my name and intend to have her drive one of the cars as the 'additional driver'. Will Hertz give me any grief about this?
anteater likes this.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; May 14, 2021 at 3:51 am Reason: merged with existing thread on this topic

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.