Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two Rentals Same Location Same Time

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2021, 8:10 pm

Programs: Yes
As long as you have an additional driver listed there should be no issue.
Old May 13, 2021, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA PE
Originally Posted by anteater
As long as you have an additional driver listed there should be no issue.
Well I have not specifically listed my wife as spouses are automatically granted as additional driver. Do I need to let Hertz know ahead of time that she is driving one of the cars?
Old May 13, 2021, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA MM
At least in places where you get the contract at the exit booth, won't you need to have your license in the car? Otherwise some random woman is trying to take out a car that is in your name. Maybe (?) you get away with it if same last name, but would not count on it. Or maybe you drive one car out, walk back in, and drive the other out?

Why not just put the second car in her name? Hertz points? Status / gold service?

You are also likely to get an email from Hertz saying "You have 2 reservations same time / same place. Pick the one you want to keep or we will decide for you". But there is an option to "keep all the reservations". Happened to me yesterday (I am holding several reservations for different sized cars and return dates, as plans are not final, and I sure didn't want to wait to make the reservation, with what rates are up to these days!)
Old May 13, 2021, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by MojaveFlyer
Why not just put the second car in her name? Hertz points? Status / gold service?
I have a corporate rate attached to the rental and don't know if Hertz would allow the name to change to hers. There are no cars available now when I search so creating a new reservation even at a higher cost is currently not possible. I would happily put the rental in her name though if that solved the problem.
MojaveFlyer likes this.
Old May 14, 2021, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by mwoc
Well I have not specifically listed my wife as spouses are automatically granted as additional driver. Do I need to let Hertz know ahead of time that she is driving one of the cars?
You need to be physically there at pickup - she can't pick it up if you're the primary renter. After that, you should be good to go.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old May 14, 2021, 7:58 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mwoc
I will be traveling with my wife and there will be times during our trip that we will need to be going different places with the car. I have 2 reservations for the same location under my name and intend to have her drive one of the cars as the 'additional driver'. Will Hertz give me any grief about this?
No, quite the opposite. Hertz would be delighted to ret you two cars at the same time!
Old May 15, 2021, 12:58 pm

We are arriving together on the same flight and will pick up cars at the same time. Thank God for guaranteed corporate rates as the current daily rate is INSANE!
Old Mar 23, 2023, 8:11 am

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Renting two cars same day/same location

Hello, my family and I will be travelling in a few months and since I'm the only President's Circle, I was wondering if I could rent two cars and have the 2nd one under someone elses name (E.G. My father in law).
Would I have to have both under my name and pay additional drivers? How does it work?
For what it's worth, it will be @ MIA
Old Mar 23, 2023, 8:28 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

You would definitely have to have them both under your name if you want to take advantage of your President's Circle benefits, and yes, you would have to pay an additional driver fee, unless you booked with a CDP like AAA or USAA that waives the fee. I'm not even 100% certain Hertz will allow you to have two vehicles checked out at the same time under the same name/account.

All of that said, there is a much better/easier way to approach this which is to have your father-in-law sign up for Hertz Gold and then use his benefits. Feel free to PM us and we can give you some pointers on this on how to do this in the optimal way.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 6:13 pm

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AutoSlash
You would definitely have to have them both under your name if you want to take advantage of your President's Circle benefits, and yes, you would have to pay an additional driver fee, unless you booked with a CDP like AAA or USAA that waives the fee. I'm not even 100% certain Hertz will allow you to have two vehicles checked out at the same time under the same name/account.

All of that said, there is a much better/easier way to approach this which is to have your father-in-law sign up for Hertz Gold and then use his benefits. Feel free to PM us and we can give you some pointers on this on how to do this in the optimal way.

I had two cars rented out from an HLE near Denver. Rented first car in Fri and second car on Sat. Had AAA rate and had a different person as authorized user for.each one.
AutoSlash likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 8:53 pm

I have rented two cars a total of 3 times and it was never an issue.

- MSP
- LAS
- DAL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.